Sketches for the week (June 3)

Kr430n5_666

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I REALLY HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY ANY OF WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY SINCE I DON'T HAVE ANY OF MY STUFF POSTED ON HERE, BUT EVERYONE IS ALOUD TO VOICE THEIR OWN OPINION.

I PERSONALLY DON'T LIKE ANY OF THE THREE SKETCHES YOU POSTED. i THINK YOU WERE TRYING TO HARD TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING TWISTED AND COMPLEX, YOU DID NOT SUCCEED. i DO HAVE SOME ADVICE FOR YOU THOUGH. TRY TEACHING YOURSELF TO DO LETTERS FIRST BEFORE YOU GO INTO COLORING ANYTHING. BY DOING THIS YOU CAN ADAPT A STYLE OF YOUR OWN (EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE'S STYLE ISN'T ENTIRELY THEIRS AT ALL, IT WAS INSPIRED BY SOMEONE ELSE'S STYLE). THERE ARE VERY FEW PEOPLE WHO CAN WHIP UP AN ENTIRELY NEW STYLE , IF YOU CAN DO THIS WITH PRACTICE THATS GREAT, BUT TAKE YOUR TIME. I SEE THE POTENTIAL, KEEP PRACTICING.

VASM ONER, E.O.S, O.U.S

Originally posted by VASMONER

I REALLY HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY ANY OF WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY SINCE I DON'T HAVE ANY OF MY STUFF POSTED ON HERE, BUT EVERYONE IS ALOUD TO VOICE THEIR OWN OPINION.

I PERSONALLY DON'T LIKE ANY OF THE THREE SKETCHES YOU POSTED. i THINK YOU WERE TRYING TO HARD TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING TWISTED AND COMPLEX, YOU DID NOT SUCCEED. i DO HAVE SOME ADVICE FOR YOU THOUGH. TRY TEACHING YOURSELF TO DO LETTERS FIRST BEFORE YOU GO INTO COLORING ANYTHING. BY DOING THIS YOU CAN ADAPT A STYLE OF YOUR OWN (EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE'S STYLE ISN'T ENTIRELY THEIRS AT ALL, IT WAS INSPIRED BY SOMEONE ELSE'S STYLE). THERE ARE VERY FEW PEOPLE WHO CAN WHIP UP AN ENTIRELY NEW STYLE , IF YOU CAN DO THIS WITH PRACTICE THATS GREAT, BUT TAKE YOUR TIME. I SEE THE POTENTIAL, KEEP PRACTICING.

VASM ONER, E.O.S, O.U.S

Sir, i appriciate your advice here...but i am all set. I have been doing the graffiti thing for 5 years. i have the simple work down and i also enjoy drawing more complex letters. my letters, if you notice, have correct proportions and correct 3d. maybe you simply do not enjoy the way they are formed? well i could see what you are saying, but i am all done with sticking to the same old traditional graffiti letters...for the most part. i see myself going to a style which shows common graffiti letter influences, but with some oddness to toss in the mix. i'm also focused more on art when i do my work, so i dont care if my work looks sloppy or whatever, i see it as just a piece of art and not a GRAFFITI. this kind of perspective has come about in the last year.

your comments and opinion's are well valued, but i dont see myself striving to please your perception of what you think is good and bad. may name is "makros" and i do things. lets smile and piss our pants. thanks for the paradise sauce-ride.

ah 2 more things..

i am not TRYING to be different here. over time, i have developed this* thing where i draw from my mind. i did not have this kind of thing for a while...but now i can flow my ideas in a more precise way. my letters are they way they are because of the pictures that are drawn in my head. i take those mental images and manifest those into a documentation of what they originally were....my thoughts. if they flow in a way you dislike, then you may not like the way my mind flows in terms of graffiti or maybe my art as whole. which is rad, son, because everyone likes differnt things.

you also said you like simples. well thats that. you like simple letters, me too, but i just happened to draw less simple letters this week and i am shitting my pants for a century.

have marvelous times.

ta ta

*error corrections

Archived