Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

sketch.

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by Ckit, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Ckit

Ckit Member

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00334806f00000003.jpg'>
    how do you like it?
    and if you dont like it then tell me how i can improve. dont just talk shit.
    ill post more as soon as i get them scanned.

2. beLIEve504

beLIEve504 Banned

im not really feeling the colors. theyre to wild and take away from the letters. and yah the letters.... well ill be quiet for now. keep working on it
    but expect alot of hate. how long have u been writing for?

3. JayFo

JayFo Member

I think they look pretty good... you kinda screwed up on ya 3D though... I'm not really sure where ya goin with it, the lines should ALL be paralell on 3D, ya know? If not all paralell than all should be pointin to a certain imaginary point and it will make it look like the letters are poppin out from that direction. Ya know what I mean at all? It just kinda throw it off when you don't have your 3D right... the letters look alright though, not bad. I ain't that best or anythin so I'm not gonna be the best critic, so let others say what they want, but the 3D is the first thing I noticed...

4. NOUM

NOUM Elite Member

finally you colored some of dem shits..they look way better with color..keep that shit up..try lgiht colors for the base colors and dark colors for the 3d..i wanna see some more of that shit youv'e come far home boy:king:

5. Ckit

Ckit Member

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00334806f00000005.jpg'>
    [img]http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00334806f00000006.jpg'>
    i took the one with the 3d off b/cuz it sucked. this is it w/out the 3d.

6. JayFo

JayFo Member

you messed up the 3D again on that last one. I know I'm probably beina pain in the ass... but I feel that lil stuff liek taht can make adiffernece in how it looks. Just look on the top left... there's an arrow goin iut to the left and a point goin up vertically, i think the highest part of the sketch. Look at where the shadow is goin if you continue the line, than look at the line all the way at the bottom right and at the top right. They don't intersect where they should... they should ALL go to the same intersection point if your gonna want the effect of poppin out from the right corner of the page. Ya get it? I know this is more of an art class thing, but trust me, it's one of the basics that you must know...

7. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

your hand is ugly.

and that's coming from someone who doesn't pay too much attention to hands.

8. JayFo

JayFo Member

^lol that too, but right now I was concentratin on the damn 3D cuz it's horribly off in all ya stuff. The letter styles ain't too bad or anythin, but I'm not the greatest with the whole letter structure shit so dunno what to say there... but yea, work on the 3D as well as ya hand...

9. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

yeah, dont use a vanishing point until you have normal 3d down.

10. Ckit

Ckit Member

yea i know the 3d sucks...it was done real quick..i usually dont put much effort into them....i got them pretty much down when i try though.....

and im working on my hand a lot so hopefully ill improve..

11. JayFo

JayFo Member

That's cool, but don't spend time on the letters and go rushin on ya 3D. Cuz 3D is important too and when it's off it throw everythin off and when it's on it can make everythin look better. I'd suggest first goin nothin 3D, all lines same length and paralell. Then tryin vanishing point/shadow type stuff and just pick a point, on or off the page... and make all 3D lines go directly to it. Cut the lines off all at the same length and ya good. I'm glad you say you got it down, but then get it down everytime, no usin ven addin it if it's gonna be wrong... you feelin me? Anywayz, just practice man, peace.

12. Ckit

Ckit Member

yea good point. thanks for the advice.

13. Ckit

Ckit Member

14. krie

krie Guest

I like ^^ that 1

15. JayFo

JayFo Member

that one is nice... now if you do a 3D on it... I would suggest makin the 3D go to the left or down. Even better, in between the two, at a diagnal. So you can get a 3D on the whole bottom section, and have the piece poppin right. Make all the lines paralell and the same length, you can even get soemthin to measure the length the same every time until you get a feel for how long each line is and get it by site. Do that, color it, and repost it...