Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

sketch markers/pens

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by drisl_one, Mar 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drisl_one

drisl_one New Jack

im trying to find some good markers/pens to use to sketch with..the kind that will fade like spraypaint...anyone have any suggestions? so that my sketchbook will look just like my full color pieces??? my burners i can fade, but not in my blackbook...i need suggestions on what pens/markers to buy ....one love...drisl_one

2. Sora

Sora New Jack

prismacolor

3. TerraRyzeR

TerraRyzeR Banned

Prismacolors n chartpak

4. Sora

Sora New Jack

prisma colors..lol

and office depo has this dope ass outlining pens...lol..they like black "drawing" pens lol...for the inkers..."so basically your a tracer, NO ima inker notta tracer..YOR MOTHERS A TRACER"..

it;s like 7 buck for a pack of 4 or 5....they haveall these different widiths and shit...and they dry in like .o5 seconds..and gets on your paper smooooth...not a bunch of yah...ima stop.

5. drisl_one

drisl_one New Jack

thanks

thanks guys...i really appreciate all your insight...one

6. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

took this from another post so it wouldn't be one of those ill threads where it doesn't belong...go to third rail next time for questions about this stuff
    http://www.legacyprogramming.net/Davey/Pics/bwface.jpg'>

Ciste is a badass

7. Joker

Joker Dirty Dozen Crew

Fill-ins and Backgrounds...
    Prismacolor pens are okay. They'll do the job if you can find nothing else.
    Chartpak pens will fade like you're wanting, but unless you are skilled in using them don't expect to come-off on your first attempt. I'd practice with these before you go full blown. Damn good markers though.
    Tria pens are great. Three nibs to choose from and stayed juiced for a long time. The best pens to learn with in my opinion.
    Copic pens, if you can find them, are the best I've ever used. I'm not exactly sure where you can get them but I buy mine in a japanese art supply store. They're more expensive than the others listed, but worth it. Advanced to expert status only.

Outlines...
    Penstix have always been a good outline pen in my opinion. No bleeding and they are pitch black. Several mm. to choose from and a few different colors as well.
    Lumocolor pens are also quite good for the same reason. I advocate both.
    Gel pens can be so useful it's disgusting. If you find the right kind, they will go over any color... including black. And make for great outer-outlines and doo-dads.

And yes, Casekonly is right... in the future please submit such questions to The Yard... not The Third Rail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.