sketch markers/pens

drisl_one

im trying to find some good markers/pens to use to sketch with..the kind that will fade like spraypaint...anyone have any suggestions? so that my sketchbook will look just like my full color pieces??? my burners i can fade, but not in my blackbook...i need suggestions on what pens/markers to buy ....one love...drisl_one

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

prisma colors..lol

and office depo has this dope ass outlining pens...lol..they like black "drawing" pens lol...for the inkers..."so basically your a tracer, NO ima inker notta tracer..YOR MOTHERS A TRACER"..

it;s like 7 buck for a pack of 4 or 5....they haveall these different widiths and shit...and they dry in like .o5 seconds..and gets on your paper smooooth...not a bunch of yah...ima stop.

Fill-ins and Backgrounds...

Prismacolor pens are okay. They'll do the job if you can find nothing else.

Chartpak pens will fade like you're wanting, but unless you are skilled in using them don't expect to come-off on your first attempt. I'd practice with these before you go full blown. Damn good markers though.

Tria pens are great. Three nibs to choose from and stayed juiced for a long time. The best pens to learn with in my opinion.

Copic pens, if you can find them, are the best I've ever used. I'm not exactly sure where you can get them but I buy mine in a japanese art supply store. They're more expensive than the others listed, but worth it. Advanced to expert status only.

Outlines...

Penstix have always been a good outline pen in my opinion. No bleeding and they are pitch black. Several mm. to choose from and a few different colors as well.

Lumocolor pens are also quite good for the same reason. I advocate both.

Gel pens can be so useful it's disgusting. If you find the right kind, they will go over any color... including black. And make for great outer-outlines and doo-dads.

And yes, Casekonly is right... in the future please submit such questions to The Yard... not The Third Rail.

Archived