Skaters Unite!

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest professor poopatronic

i'm really into transition, especially bowls and mini ramps. street is incredibly fun if you've got good spots, but they are few and far between around here. we just got a new concrete skatepak in town, and it's pretty sick. great bowls.

Guest dukeofyork

frontside boardslides are fuckin great..

i love skating, and it really gets on my nerves that i know i suck compared to all the people that are out there, and then kids are telling me im good..

Personally, I'm all about ledges & trying to pull off clean shit/hard tricks. I've messed with handrails and paid the price a few times -- not my steez.

Street skating is the shit -- just jumping on a board and roaming the streets hitting stuff as you go. NYC for sure .. Skatepark of Tampa .. SF has so many spots.

[This message has been edited by Raels (edited 07-17-2001).]

parks?? what the hell is a park?? i started and always skated the downtown landscarpe... the marble ledges... to the court house benches.... getting chased out by security, which was pretty stupid compared to when i was doing graff.. fuck running from a security guard for skating??? stupidest crime ever..... i feel so stupid for running.. i shoulda stayed and told off the toy cop

Originally posted by Raels:

Personally, I'm all about ledges & trying to pull off clean shit/hard tricks. I've messed with handrails and paid the price a few times -- not my steez.

i hear that... my testicles will never be the same

i like doing gaps and olleying over stuff.. i also love doing noseslides and tailslides..

fuck a park downtown skating will always be the funnest ... if your wheels are big and your bearings don't suck cruising around hitting ledges rocks

[This message has been edited by knowlej (edited 07-18-2001).]

best place to skate is that damn 5 set with a handrail!!

ollie norths off the set tailslides down the rail and trying to blunt slid the ledges on the side and fallin on your face on the grass beside the ledge cuz you coulnd mount right... so when you land it your just like hell ya im the shit1

My favorite terrain to skate is ditches. My friends took me to a ditch, which I had never been to before, the other day. It was quite possibly the coolest ditch I have ever seen. It’s very secluded, and some BMX guys have built a couple of concrete transitions and ledges. But the best part, by far, is the fact that this particular ditch is right next to a train track. Now I can skate and bench at the same time.

-Al

Not waving, but drowning.

The streets of SF...

Downtown manhattan, brooklyn banks before the fence, good cement parks, and a nice big driveway bump.

I brought my board to work today..I think a session is in order.

RIP PHIL SHAO, KIT ERICSON,TIM BRAUCH,CURTIS HSIANG, KEENAN MILTON,RUBEN.....SKATING THE CLOUDS

Originally posted by Raels:

Skatepark of Tampa

no doubt, Brian has shit on lock... and I encourage anyone who thinks they have the shit to travel on down to Tampa, there's mad kids up in the cuts to put you down...

------------------

2 Can Sam

i started skating way back in 87 or 88.......my favorite will always be legdes and banks. curbs will do, but they get boring a little too quickly. manual pads.anything street. i was never really too into parks and shit....too many little kids, and the public parks usually blow (where i live anyways). street, street, street.........but i would like to work on my park skating a little more...make myself a more well-rounded skater.

Archived