Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

skatepark review(s)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seven six two, Apr 7, 2002.

1. seven six two

seven six two Junior Member

both of these parks are 100% concrete

louisville extreme sports park --- yeah, i didn't think up the 'extreme' part so don't blame me. if any of you are for some reason in the louisville area you should check it out. there is plenty of transition to skate, the concrete is perfect, and there are even a few street things to skate. there is even a 24 foot full pipe, but it's taken over by old guys and it sucks anyway. i think it is a good park for young kids to old guys. plus, the park is lit and open 24 hours a day. wooooo. a definite plus.

bad sides of the park:

not enough street things to skate
    overcrowdedness
    too many little kids
    too many bmx kids (half of which always seem to be looking for a fight)
    too many people who don't know to skate a park without getting in the way
    SKATE SLUTS* LOOKING FOR SKATER DUDES TYAAHH (which may or may not be a good thing for you.)

i give this park an 8 and a half out of 10 plus you might want to add some more if you like skate sluts*

jeffersonville skatepark --- if you're . . . for some reason in the jeffersonville indiana area (which is right across the river from louisville), their skatepark is worth checking out just once. it wasn't officially opened when i went, but we all skated it anyway. the concrete is nice, but everything is either way too steep, or the concrete ramps you drop in on are wavy and almost unskatable. actually, to be honest whoever built this park should be shot, because its placement of everything is pretty awful. even the ledges down the stairs are too high for most skaters. but it's a nice park to get away from the EXTREME overcrowdedness of the louisville park and check out once.

good side of the park:

it is built right next to the new jeffersonville pool, which has 2 slides. a perfect place to frequent for some southern indiana poon-tang.

and yeah the kids there are always pretty nice

i give this park a 3 and a half. the half point comes from the poon-tang capability directly related

*skate slut definition - girls who don't skate, but usually travel in small groups. they often wear "skate" clothing like billabong or some crappy punk rock t-shirt. they are their strictly to talk to "cute" guys with their other girl friends. will dump you for a better skater in a minute, so it is a strictly hit it and quit it drop it like it's hot situation. you have been warned.

below is a picture of louisville skatepark, although the angle can't show all the rest of the park.

[​IMG]

2. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

my ass belongs to the bluegrass
    http://www.louky.org/skatepark/images/seal.gif'>

PJ...

Thanks for lifting that image from the BW site sucka! It's all good because I lifted it from someone else!

Seems really weird to me that all of a sudden there is like 6 skateparks in an hour radius of Louisville.
    1.new albany park
    2.the new one in jeffersonville
    3.riot skatepark
    4.new "extreme" park
    5.Breslin
    6.That one in Lexington

Back in the late 80's/early 90's you would have to search for the best ditches. The oxmoor ditch and plainview ditch where the hot spots!

old design conceptions....not 100% accurate
    [img]http://www.louky.org/skatepark/images/layout-sm.jpg'>

[img]http://www.louky.org/skatepark/images/layout-lg.jpg'>

3. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

i should have given credit for that picture. thanks for adding some pictures.

louisville area = skatepark heaven

4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

5. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

I was aty the new luisville park friday night when it first opened just because I wanted to see what it was like and jesus christ was it crowded. I never knew this city had so many old farts on powell parelta decks and skate rats with boards bigger than them. I would say give it a month for the novelty of the park to wear off and it wont be as bad.

6. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

grommet

they aren't called 'skate sluts', they're called 'Bettys'...

7. Ted Wakowski

Ted Wakowski Guest

SKATE PARK OF TAMPA suckerrrrrrsssss

8. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

no, they are skate sluts.

bettys? that just sounds stupid.

9. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

the SPOT DEFINATELY kicks ass but it's over-run with kids in fruitboots

10. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

so do you, lil grom...

11. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

YEAH DUDE MORE LINGO DUDE I'M STOKED ON THAT SHEE BRAH BROTHER DUDE MAN DUDER ONER

12. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

i was there too i probably skated by you and we didn't even know it.

13. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

you're so full up with self righteous-indignation that you can't even see straight, aren't you?

14. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

15. platapie

platapie Guest

i would say 99% concrete. cause i spy with my little eye metal.