skatepark review(s)

seven six two

both of these parks are 100% concrete

louisville extreme sports park --- yeah, i didn't think up the 'extreme' part so don't blame me. if any of you are for some reason in the louisville area you should check it out. there is plenty of transition to skate, the concrete is perfect, and there are even a few street things to skate. there is even a 24 foot full pipe, but it's taken over by old guys and it sucks anyway. i think it is a good park for young kids to old guys. plus, the park is lit and open 24 hours a day. wooooo. a definite plus.

bad sides of the park:

not enough street things to skate

overcrowdedness

too many little kids

too many bmx kids (half of which always seem to be looking for a fight)

too many people who don't know to skate a park without getting in the way

SKATE SLUTS* LOOKING FOR SKATER DUDES TYAAHH (which may or may not be a good thing for you.)

i give this park an 8 and a half out of 10 plus you might want to add some more if you like skate sluts*

jeffersonville skatepark --- if you're . . . for some reason in the jeffersonville indiana area (which is right across the river from louisville), their skatepark is worth checking out just once. it wasn't officially opened when i went, but we all skated it anyway. the concrete is nice, but everything is either way too steep, or the concrete ramps you drop in on are wavy and almost unskatable. actually, to be honest whoever built this park should be shot, because its placement of everything is pretty awful. even the ledges down the stairs are too high for most skaters. but it's a nice park to get away from the EXTREME overcrowdedness of the louisville park and check out once.

good side of the park:

it is built right next to the new jeffersonville pool, which has 2 slides. a perfect place to frequent for some southern indiana poon-tang.

and yeah the kids there are always pretty nice

i give this park a 3 and a half. the half point comes from the poon-tang capability directly related

*skate slut definition - girls who don't skate, but usually travel in small groups. they often wear "skate" clothing like billabong or some crappy punk rock t-shirt. they are their strictly to talk to "cute" guys with their other girl friends. will dump you for a better skater in a minute, so it is a strictly hit it and quit it drop it like it's hot situation. you have been warned.

below is a picture of louisville skatepark, although the angle can't show all the rest of the park.

http://www.initialrecords.com/blackwidows/images/skatepark.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my ass belongs to the bluegrass

http://www.louky.org/skatepark/images/seal.gif'>

PJ...

Thanks for lifting that image from the BW site sucka! It's all good because I lifted it from someone else!

Seems really weird to me that all of a sudden there is like 6 skateparks in an hour radius of Louisville.

1.new albany park

2.the new one in jeffersonville

3.riot skatepark

4.new "extreme" park

5.Breslin

6.That one in Lexington

Back in the late 80's/early 90's you would have to search for the best ditches. The oxmoor ditch and plainview ditch where the hot spots!

old design conceptions....not 100% accurate

http://www.louky.org/skatepark/images/layout-sm.jpg'>

http://www.louky.org/skatepark/images/layout-lg.jpg'>

I was aty the new luisville park friday night when it first opened just because I wanted to see what it was like and jesus christ was it crowded. I never knew this city had so many old farts on powell parelta decks and skate rats with boards bigger than them. I would say give it a month for the novelty of the park to wear off and it wont be as bad.

Originally posted by Zack Morris

I was aty the new luisville park friday night when it first opened just because I wanted to see what it was like and jesus christ was it crowded.

i was there too i probably skated by you and we didn't even know it.

Originally posted by Mr. Mang

YEAH DUDE MORE LINGO DUDE I'M STOKED ON THAT SHEE BRAH BROTHER DUDE MAN DUDER ONER

you're so full up with self righteous-indignation that you can't even see straight, aren't you?

you guys should make the trek up here to ride millenium park, no booters, and its an all night out door free party at night. fuck that place is dope. lots of bettys too, thanks smart that took me back to about 1988. i really enjoy millenium, i wish i wasnt so lazy and id post some flicks, thats where i got to skate with cabellero.

Guest abcd4567
Originally posted by el barto

that park looks a little too back and forth not enough flow but still probably fun. if you come to hawaii keolu hills is the best park!!

i went to keolu.. i had a shitty board that my friend let me use.. i said ah fuck this. so i hopped on over by the RECK piece.. it was bad ass.

Guest abcd4567
Originally posted by el barto

im from da old schoool nah new school or whatever

dude i challenge you skate?! nah id prob lose...wut part of oahu you from? i quit that shitty ass group AE.. fuck them already. if you go bombing frequently, i would like to go. if you like call my cell (387.9395) and we can do that or just chill.

aights. piece

Archived