Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Skateboards.....

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega, Jun 27, 2001.

1. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

Ok, my friend's and I started a small skate company we bought a silk screen and made some shirts. We are trying to make decks, we figured we could just silk screen them, didn't work to well, just looked a little ugly, then I tryed hand painting and putting a plastic coatign on the bottom, looked really nice and lasted rather well, but it takes me like 2 days to make one board. Is there any way to put graphics on blank decks?

------------------
    You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

2. Cyber Optx

Cyber Optx Member

1st...
    ...How detailed are your designs?
    You might be able to do a little printmaking deal on your decks. like a mold cut-put ink on it (kinda like a stamp) and put it on your deck...you just have to do that design once, but put it on several decks, than put a covering, however you did it before
    i'm really not sure how it will turn out, but try it...i've done printmaking type things and you can make some pretty dope stuff

3. AeRoSoL JuNkiE

AeRoSoL JuNkiE Elite Member

my boy has a skate team n shit and ill have to ask him where he got his done at. it cost his ass like 1,000 bones for 50 decks. but they came out dope.

4. Oni

Oni Member

i work at a skate shop/park and we made a deck outa a blank for the shop and all we did was made a stencil did that and then took some kylon gloss finish and it looks good theres nothing you can do to make a graphic last longer graphic boards just cost more and theyre for the little kids, skaters the kind that go through decks every month buy blanks they used to make these little lamination strips ive heard that make you slide faster if you made a laminated strip and put it on the graphic that might work for lasting longer

5. phax

phax Banned

I wanted to do this a while ago... ok, cut out the shapes that you want to be black onto one plastic/thin cardboard stencil the size of a deck with an exacto knife, red on another, yellow, white blah blah blah.... now just stencil each color on one at a time and wait for them to dry, go get your other color and stencil that on, repeat as necessary, then maybe spray a layer of clear coat on once your done with everything... i think you should have some basic knowledge of print/stencil making though.

6. CATS

CATS Senior Member

Dont have an answer to that, we just screened our decks and they came out good.

------------------
    One day I hope they make an action figure out of me.

7. theFUME

theFUME Senior Member

thats kool post some pics of your boards when u r done

------------------
    "So analyze me surprise me but cant magmatize me"
    -nas