Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

skateboarder killed because he messed up his kickflip

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Mr. Mang, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

Abington skateboarder hit by tractor-trailer dies

ABINGTON - A 15-year-old boy hit by a passing tractor-trailer after falling off his skateboard in Jenkintown died yesterday at Abington Memorial Hospital.

The boy, Patrick Kerr of Abington, died at 2:19 p.m. of massive head trauma, said Albert DiValentino, acting chief of the Jenkintown Police Department. Kerr was skateboarding across Hillside Avenue near Old York Road Monday when he fell off his skateboard and into the rear wheels of a passing U.S. Postal Service truck, police said.

DiValentino said that officers were still investigating the accident and waiting to speak to the truck driver, who left the scene without stopping. DiValentino said that police did not believe the driver was aware of the accident and that it was unlikely any charges would be filed.

(he was kickflipping up or down a curb and landed "primo" - or on the side. i read the full story today in the paper.)

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/lo...cal/3403206.htm

2. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

Kids can do stupid stuff sometimes, i wouldnt even try anything i had a chance of falling on, not even an ollie if falling ment i might go into traffic.

3. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

4. ThePrankster

ThePrankster Guest

damn hearing this makes me just want to quit skateboarding before i get by a postal truck:D

5. jismone

jismone Junior Member

The thread title makes it sound like he was murdered cuz he messed up or some shit

6. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

it was just an accident. made you read though didn't it?

7. space

space Member

maybe it was a switch kickflip, that could've done it.

8. platapie

platapie Guest

skateboarding isnt worth dieing over.

9. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

10. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

I knew the kid. Sad shit.

11. donniefrisco

donniefrisco Member

thats pretty tragic...RIP little man

12. deznatori

deznatori Veteran Member

Damn. I always have though about stuff like that happening. RIP to a fellow boarder.

13. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Man, when I fucked up, all I did was completely shatter my knee. Skateboarding is dangerous folks....

RIP bro:(

14. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

you know what "massive" head truama means,right? [tractor trailor]

RIP...this is a sad story...imagine the pain he felt.

15. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Ehhhh, id rather not.