Skateboard Advice

Jap-Anadian

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ok I am going to be the nice guy...I always have used black magic grip tape, its got a nice grip and feel to it.

Bones swiss bearing...nothing else...yes they are expensive but you pay for qulaity...and TRUST me these are quality I haven't had to buy new bearing in years

for risers I just use dooks short stacks...they do just fine for me.

I would also recommend shortys hardware

ok....1st of all it doesnt matter what kind of wheels you get. it doesnt matter what kind of deck you get, as long as its not a nash or something. get a real deck. a "real" deck not the brand. it doesnt matter what brand of trucks you get. just make sure there not plastic. i prefer light trucks. yeah. it may matter a little in the bearings. my point is, i hate how all the skateboarders have to go crazy about brands. "if you gotta tony hawk board, your gay." fuck it, whatever works for you, get it.

Originally posted by Jap-Anadian

ok... i'm trying to figure out how to make a nice sk8board... I was thinking an Elements deck...World Industries trucks...Elements wheels...and i don't know about the griptape, rises, and bearings...

any advice???

Don't get world industries shit, NEVER ever get risers(no need really just get higher trucks) and any bearings.

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks

ok....1st of all it doesnt matter what kind of wheels you get. it doesnt matter what kind of deck you get, as long as its not a nash or something. get a real deck. a "real" deck not the brand. it doesnt matter what brand of trucks you get. just make sure there not plastic. i prefer light trucks. yeah. it may matter a little in the bearings. my point is, i hate how all the skateboarders have to go crazy about brands. "if you gotta tony hawk board, your gay." fuck it, whatever works for you, get it.

actually different decks do skate different and have different amounts of longevity and pop...I use a war effort deck but I am also a big fan of think and zero decks.

yeah in my last 9 years of skating i have found that i PREFER certain brands over others.. i know think has a nice concave, as does any of thier affiliates.. flip are awesome as well, birdhouse have a nice concave for the nose and tail, but they tend to delaminate on me alot.. i love a nice hard wheel.. fuck a brand, but i love a 52-55 mm wheel at about 101a or harder.. a 8 inch truck, preferably grind king.. ive never broken anything on a grind king truck.. which is more than i can say for most brands, krux have been good to me too. trust zack morris.. those swiss bearings are worth the money.. and i dont use a riser pad.. fuck that. no unneeded weight. and go with a decent grip tape.. cuz you get alot of stupid tar paper from some places.. like black magic or.. well.. anything you've heard of.

please find a width of board suiting for what you wanna do, not just cuz the graphic is cool.. cuz with me its gone in about an hour or 2. i personally use a 8.25 cuz i got BIG ASS feet and it makes me feel better on big flips like 360 flips and 540 flips. also nicer for me with heelflips and their variations.

I've found that the Elements decks have a very good pop, and are made to last, thats why i want Elements, and thanx for telling me the bearings and not to get risers too:D :D :D. heh, at firts i thought about hook-ups, but they suck ass, unless u wanna mount the damn thing like a decoration...

Archived