Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

skate shoes.

Discussion in 'Style' started by mr.e, Nov 19, 2001.

1. mr.e

mr.e Senior Member

any new favorites for the holiday season? just copped the cab 6's. except havent had a chance to break them in yet, because I FUCKING FELL DOWN A HUGE SET.

fucked up my jaw and knee real bad like. anywho, sneaks, anyone?

2. HAL

HAL Guest

Skate shoes look like moon boots now.

3. mr.e

mr.e Senior Member

only the DC's hal, only the DC's...

4. dai

dai Senior Member

i'll stick to the timberlands and dc's...i can't stand skate shoes really...they're too bright and they got too much shit on them.

5. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

no article of footwear ever conceived by man or beast (probably man...) can ever come close to the glory provided by my Osiris D-3 2001's, i love these shoes more than life itself, which isnt saying much i suppose. but i love these shoes and plan on forming a deep and meaningful relationship with them. so what if they look like moonshoes? the bitchezzzzzzzzzz like it (i wish....)

is that wedding bells i hear for me and my D-3's...............?

6. HAL

HAL Guest

Reflective strips, bright yellow laces, and other assorted garbage doesn't help me skate. The only thing it's gonna do is provide some humor in 5 years. I'll be happier when skating ceases to be a sport again.

7. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

man, I went from Chucks to 2 pairs of the original Jordan's, then I rode Avia 420's for a few years , I had some Vision StreetWears and Airwalks, then I just skated what I was wearing for a while, bowling shoes SUCK, and then Simples came out... that original shape, HOLY INDESTRUCTABLE!.. these days I skate what I can find at Ross, usually Airwalks, whatever, it's only $20 or so...

8. stentoria

stentoria New Jack

lakai's and ipath's

9. graffitiSUX

graffitiSUX Senior Member

'es koston 1's. the best skateshoes ever made. comfy as a mofo

10. Bloody Fetus

Bloody Fetus Member

If ever a skate shoe could outshine another, it would be done by the original "Sal 23". Simply a milestone in higher skateboarding footwear.
    -

11. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

apparently you didnt read my previous post.....

mr. fetus,
    it is my pleasure to inform you that my d-3's will indeed beat the shit out of the sal 23's, i also did not mean that my shoes merely outshine other shoes, they outshine EVERY OTHER MEASLY AND UNIMPORTANT CREATION OF THIS WORLD. bask in theyre glory i say...bask.

12. beardo

beardo Guest

yes graffitisux.. im sporting the koston 1s right now. only beef is the soles wear out way before the ollie spot. good ol super glue on the stitches, boys... dont sleep.

13. I found some old emerica models.
    I bought them. I really dislike "astro boots"

14. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Exactly. I have D3's too. Silver and white. Mmmmmmmm, I suddenly feel all wet........:king:

15. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

I too have had a pair of dc d3's, they are nice..but not the greatest skate shoe ever invented, im gonna have to go with eric koston ones, or maybe the old etnies, like the mc raps....nice lotop skate shoes with durability and dont cost you an arm and a leg, plus no reflectors, which is very important for city bombin and shit, i have heard of kids gettin caught from the reflectors at night...oh, and yes, go to ross!! I got some cabs there about 2 years ago for 15 bucks, when they were still in the stores for almost 65-70..