six

OrangeDot

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

http://www.graffiti.org/portland/joker02.jpg'>

joker.

yeah he does look a bit like it.. but i just love that style.. joker has progressed alot from solid forms too.. i like his wide open work.. but if your goign to start name calling.. all of transcend has a similar feel.. so if they are crew its ok? and if they arent its not? well then i better go get down...

on another note it just seems to be the style there.. portland just seems to have the architecture on point.

http://www.graffiti.org/portland/sq1pdx2kema.jpg'>

kema

http://www.graffiti.org/portland/sq1pdx3ansiq.jpg'>

ansiq

i mean.. yeah its more trancend kids, but they have a quality about them i find appealing...

i asked for more six, hoping it wasnt just a joker bite or a mislabeled piece from him... so.. thats why i asked.

Originally posted by Al Green

i wanna see the sasquatch piece next to that ansiq if you have it..

that guys shit.. has been blazing for a while..im surprised more heads dont turn.. or roll..or bounce...

do heads bounce.. ?

he was in hawaii way before i started writing, but his ond pic is some where deep in the hawaii thread, id love to see hi s more recent work too.

Okay... let us clear the air a little...

Yeah, Sixxx has a familiar style. Yeah, I know it. Yeah, he knows it. Yeah it bugs a little. Unfortunately the photo shown just happens to be one of the very few pieces by Sixxx that is so reminiscent of my style that it's easily mistaken. Sixxx has a lot of talent. At times I think he has more than he knows what to do with. But to be completely fair, he was doing similar styles before we even met. And after we met those styles grew along next to each other. Many pieces by him were inspired by what I do. I think he knows that. But who hasn't been inspired by something they find interesting?

I've said this many times before... what I do isn't all that original. It's merely the way I do it that makes it stand out. In an earlier post someone referenced Futura2000... oh hell yes I've been inspired by him. I don't think anyone who does 'abstract' styles can say they haven't. Sixxx has put in a lot of work to be where he is. I believe he's slowed down a little because of the similarities in our styles so that he can work on something new. As am I. Progression is key and healthy.

The piece posted is a poor image of what Sixxx is capable of. I wish I had something to post to prove my point. I'm not defending him... I'm just putting his card back in the deck.

As for crews who do pieces that look alike... don't get me started. I'll get beat down or stabbed for calling crews out who do. Many crews work with similar styles. It's inevitable. Get over it and do your part.

Also... Ansiq isn't in Transcend. He's our chef. Weirdo's gotta eat to.

Archived