since when did i become a stereotype

popular fashion has snuck up on me once again. i've somehow fallen into not only the category of "emo kid" but "hipster" as well, i suppose. i love when kids in either saves teh day or sigur ros t-shirts try to talk to me about music. well, i enjoy sigur ros, and hipsters actually know good music with credibility... but when i get asked either if i do the 1-800-CALL-ATT commercials or if i went to the Thursday concert, it gets a bit touchy. it's amazing the classifications we're put into by how we look. it's "emo" to have longer hair and obscure t-shirts from your mother's closet. in all honesty, i could care less what i wear. i have spent a total of $0 on clothes this year, and only about $15 last year. i just sort of have things.

remember when it was first edgy to wear your hair spiked in the front? now it's preppie. in the past two weeks, converse all-stars and Le Coq shoes have become increasingly popular at my school.

Please don't call me Carrot Top or Emo.

does this frustrate anyone else?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_Europe
Originally posted by some pittsburgh flavor

since when did i become a stereotype

Since you started your pointless dissing of european writers and their efforts. Talking shit about something you know very little about, replying about it several times and still being wrong and then pretending not to care in the end.

That made you a stereotype.

Guest sneak
Originally posted by Ken Barlow

Hahaha...yeah, I'm definitely emo.

*memo to self*....avoid contact with this person!!

haha, just playing emo boy!

Re: hmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by FUCK_ISRAEL

dear author of this thread:

I hope through this experience you may be able to further take into account how a minority person feels every day.

-hispanic/latino americans

-african americans

-asian americans

-native americans

-arab americans

- and all other "brown" people that would not fit in anywhere other than the largest cities.

in conclusion, I recommend you travel to a country in Africa, the Middle East, South America, Central America, or South East Asia. LIVE there for about 3 months or more, 1 month just isnt enough. And observe yourself getting angry at the injustice you will feel and recieve simply because you are "different", and the "difference" is your ethnicity. now that, that would deserve a thread entitled "since when did I become a stereotype".

coming from "fuck israel" this seems pointless. again, people are making pre-judgements. i came this close [ ] to dying last summer because of the color of my skin. i am automatically in the KKK because i'm white. cool, huh. i had a gun to my head and was beaten with tree branches by a group of over a dozen angry imitation black panthers. i'm not talking about race here, i know about racism, trust me. i'm talking about random people putting you into their little "music enjoyment classification system" because of what you feel like wearing.

and dear europe,

as was stated before, with my experiences when i was in italy, graffiti seemed to be a proverbial cake-walk. with sprinkles and everything. i suppose i'm wrong. anywho

Guest im not witty
Originally posted by miles apart

I hope Tyler Durden comes in here and sees they listed Hot Water Music as emo :)

no shit. what the fuck is that? anyway.. back when i was younger id try to distance myself from "normal" people by my dress. but ive since realized that is stupid. i mean, stupid fuckers might call me emo, but i dont look like that picture, (which is fairly accurate.) now my fashion is minimal. tshirt jeans sneakers, nondescript. i distance myself by my attituide and my actions not by fashion.

"i dont try to be different, i just am."

Guest im not witty

and whats extra funny is in that picture, they say emo kids wear thrift store stuff, but if you look at the blurb at the bottom, all that shit is fucking designer label, even the stupid sweater supposedly from grandpas closet is from nyvintage.com and probably cost 60 dollars. fuckin drones.

Originally posted by sneak

*memo to self*....avoid contact with this person!!

haha, just playing emo boy!

Hahahaha....I meant I'm emo by that "are you emo" chart. It's amazing that those of us who are really into music and dress like nerds now have our own label. I used to think we were the labeless ones......

Where did this whole emo deal come from anyway? Just came out of nowhere......

Guest im not witty
Originally posted by anonymity1

when did the emo kids start listening to 45's?

are you kidding? vinyl has always played a huge role in punk related culture.

Originally posted by Krook

i hate the "wigger" stereotype...

i might dress black, listen to rap, and i might be white, but that doesn't make me a "wigger".

yea stereotypes are stupid :(

ok youd be lucky to be a "wigger"

-you dont do graffiti

-you dont live in a city (or even a suburb)

-you go to a private catholic school tucked away from any "afro-americans"

-and your annoying as hell

-just because you smoke pot and listen to rap doesnt mean you know shit about what goes on

so shut the fuck up.

ps. quit sucking kilo7's dick

ok and back on topic...

i hear you spf

....and still love you

you will forever after this be knighted "carrot top"

Archived