Simpsons character to come out of the closet

GamblersGrin

the only article i could find on this was crappy fox news. i know a character is coming out but i have not heard of a wedding, which fox news says there may be. like most things, im sure its an exaggeration. anyways, i think smithers is too obvious the answer. could it be carl and whats his face? im thinkin the longshot, moe.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,127127,00.html

'Simpsons' to Feature Gay Wedding

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

By Don Kaplan

Someone on "The Simpsons" is coming out of the closet and could get married.

"Simpson" producers, including creator Matt Groening, let the news slip out at the San Diego Comic Convention over the weekend. But they did not say who it would be.

The way-too obvious choice would be Waylon Smithers, evil nuclear-power tycoon Montgomery Burns' timid toady — who for years has harbored a not-so-secret love for his fragile, scheming century- old boss.

Smithers sexuality has long been a line of discussion among Simpson aficionados. And he's professed his love for Burns several times just before disaster seems about to strike.

In one episode, as the town's nuclear power plant faces a meltdown, Burns concludes, "I guess there's nothing left but to kiss my sorry ass good- bye."

Smithers asks brightly, "May I, sir?"

But another school of thought considers one of Marge Simpson's chain-smoking sisters — Selma and Patty — to be the future Mrs. of a Mrs.

Selma has walked down the aisle several times, including marriages to homicidal kids' show character Sideshow Bob (search) and fictional movie star Troy McClure (best remembered for the faux educational filmstrip: "2+2 = Negative Fun").

Patty once dated Springfield Elementary's Principal Skinner and both sisters flew into a murderous rampage at the thought of MacGyver (the gadget guy from the 1980s TV show) being gay.

Both often also say that men are pigs, and Selma once maced another character when he mistook her for Mary Tyler Moore.

In the wedding episode, Homer becomes an ordained minister over the Internet and begins performing gay marriages.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^that's exactly why it probably WON'T be Smithers. We all know he's gay, he's obviously in the closet for professional reasons so...

Remember when "Somebody was gonna die in this weeks episode"? Turned out to be Maude Flanders, I know none of you saw that shit coming.

Give the writers a little credit. It's probably not gonna be Smithers, Selma or Patty, or the Sea Capitan... Somebody random like Dr. Nick or Milhouse's dad...

Guest mikro137
Originally posted by Smart

^that's exactly why it probably WON'T be Smithers. We all know he's gay, he's obviously in the closet for professional reasons so...

Remember when "Somebody was gonna die in this weeks episode"? Turned out to be Maude Flanders, I know none of you saw that shit coming.

Give the writers a little credit. It's probably not gonna be Smithers, Selma or Patty, or the Sea Capitan... Somebody random like Dr. Nick or Milhouse's dad...

yes millhouse's dad is probally the likely canidate. im putting 3 to1 he will marry snake the crimminal

how about lenny and carl? they've been leading pretty ambiguous lifestyles for several seasons now.....

Guest mikro137
Originally posted by EyeforAnEYE

Yeah it will be someone completely random and you would have never thought in a million years. Maybe Comic Book Guy hmmmmmmm

i say no on comic book guy. hes presented numerous times that he isnt "like that"

millhouses dad is such a good bet , only because its the "next step" for that dude.

Originally posted by ¤¤FoRGE²¤¤

NO NOT THERE ALL ON FOX THERE ALL MADE BY MATT GROENING (however its spelled)

EDIT: AND BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD AND KING OF THE HILL SUCKS DICK BUT FUTURAMA AINT SOOOO BAD

No, sorry. Mike judge is the creator of king of the hill and futurama aint to bad either.

ur wrong kyu, it wasnt skinner. it was the school counselor. if i remember correctly its the episode where they are tryin to tell the story of lisa's saxophone, and they are talkin bout barts first schooling days. and they are talkin to the school counselor at one point and he goes

counselor: Well its understandable that ur child may have some difficulties adjusting when he displays such flamboyantly gay tendencies.

Homer: BARTS GAY?

Counselor: Oh, ur bart simpson's parents...(closes file on desk so that u see the name [Van Housen, Milhouse])

thats one of my favorite episodes just for that scene...