Simple question for Marine / Navy

KILZ FILLZ

Next week I'm going to be going on a carrier(Bush) for about a month to work as a civilian. Been planning to take my laptop to watch movies etc BUT a sailor I work with told me today that the EMF/radio waves(?) could fuck my MacBooks screen. I don't think he was just fucking w me because it was a convo about what to take with me. Any truth to/experience with this?

Mods- I'll be posting this in Ch.0 as well.

Thanks in advance,

BNH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

No experience, but I don't think it would be significant enough to do that.

He's probably pulling your leg because they get up to shady shit when they're out to sea. He would rather have you involved in degrading initiation ceremonies, than watching movies.

I've worked on a naval ship before, but it wasn't a carrier.

Here's the thing - many people had laptops, and it was never an issue. Nor was it ever mentioned. Unless a the radar & radio installations on the main deck of a carrier is different.

I don't think it should be a problem, especially if you are below the main deck, which I'm assuming you will be when using your laptop. Radio signals are not going to penetrate through all of those steel compartments & decks.