Simple or Tech

starv

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest serpent of the light

i prefer the simple. i've been trying out the "tech" style for my last couple sketches, and they are so easy to make look like any other tech piece, i dont think they look good anyways. but a simple piece, you gotta have good form for it to stand out. i prefer simple anyways

Guest --zeSto--

it's like red wine vs. white wine

there's a time and place for both, and personal preferences may differ.

the only truth ... you need and understanding of simple before moving into tech.

Originally posted by --zeSto--

it's like red wine vs. white wine

there's a time and place for both, and personal preferences may differ.

the only truth ... you need and understanding of simple before moving into tech.

^^^^^^^ You read my mind sir and/or madam.... hah.

Guest eessee

anything piece that looks good and fucks up my vision is mad cool or makes me actually study the bastard is okay but sometimes the simple shit is beast just bcuz of its simplicity...

Originally posted by crackatinnie

how can you choose between the two? shame on you all. shame shame shame. A true graffiti artist loves and respects all aspects of graffiti and their merits.

amen! after what he said i dont think there is anything left to be said

close this thread

Guest eessee
Originally posted by taxer

if you cant read it, whats the point?

when your high it increases your stupidity and beside it makes look into shit like it...:D

its all in the letters,if the piece has good leter form its dope simple or tech..but i hate those wild style pieces with horrible letter form where you can make out 6-7 names...

I love simple styles but too simple is not good. My favourite style is semi wild style. Like can2, Giant, swet ect.. I love really complicated pieces if they don't go over the top with the colours. Wrong colour combinations or too many colours can ruin a peice. To me the best 'tech' peices are the types that just use a few colours. I don't care if I can read it not as long as it looks cool, but then again when writers try to pass some maze of spaghetti style unreadaple shit of as letters thats not cool. The bottom line is you can get shitty simples and mad tech peices and vice versa, it all depends on how it's executed.

Guest Ron McDonald

Personally, I feel that all stuff is good if the letters rock. I've seen way too many tech pieces where all the bits coming off the letters just mask a wack style. Check Danish graff for what I would deem to be good.

• 1 month later...

Archived