SILVERFISH(bugs)

Guest BROWNer

Guest BROWNer

anybody know anything about these disgusting little things?

i've looked around the net trying to find some info on their purpose,

or what the hell they are in my house for...but mostly how to get

them AWAY.

somebody help me.

ps-so far i've got this: they eat starchy shit, like cereals and stuff.

apparently they can jump 1.5 feet, live up to a whole year without food

and can even live to be 8 years old. these things gross me out large.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

pretty scary facts...

cracked ass gave me some advice on how to get rid of bugs like a year ago.. i think he said try spraying hairspray in the crevices and such.. it worked. but then, the following summer, i had all these flying bugs. i dont know what they were, but they were easy to stomp out, but i had carcasses all over my ceiling and walls.

Guest BROWNer

right on test pattern, that would be fucking great.

i want these things gone. i'm cool with bugs in general,

even spiders that have creeped me out my whole life,

at least they have ill skills and have a cool purpose

that benefits my life. silverfish just fucking look disgusting

and eat my raisin bran. god, if they have been

squirming around in my cereal and i ate one or some..

by the way..we have only seen them in our kitchen, which

disgusts me that much more.

i have a feeling mamerro knows about these.......

Guest BROWNer

i don't know about elegant, but they are kinda cool how

they zip around all silvery....but..they are still gross. and

they must be driven away or killed.

Guest Pilau Hands

But there are these annoying weird flying things in Berkeley/Oakland that multiply like hell.

DUDE I DID NOT NEED TO SEE THAT FUCKING SILVERFISH

i have a bug phobia i think, and those things take the fucking cake. just reading this thread made me take my feet off the floor and put em on my chair. dude seriously silverfish are the fastest most disgusting looking things. they look like that shit from the matrix, gonna crawl in my ear while i sleep

AHHHHHHH THANKS BROWNer :mad:

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Silverfish look fucking STEALTH. I do know about them, though I've never had the pleasure (or displeasure) of encountering them where I live. I've always been on the lookout for them, since I find it pretty badass that an insect can be all iced out like that.

What we do have here in New England in abundance are house centipedes, which are fucking creepy but kinda cool looking. I used to handle them freely whenever I found one cause I thought they were something other than centipedes, and just right now I found out that they ARE centipedes (I thought they were firebrats), and that they bite. Could explain the strange dual-fang bug bite I had on my index finger the day after I got lost for an hour in my dark basement in a drunken stupor.

Anyways, if you wanna get rid of silverfish, crank up the heat at your pad (prevents them from breeding), and use common pesticides. Caveat: Dead silverfish scales can cause allergies, and are a source of food for carpet bugs. Also, heat attracts firebrats, a different kind of silverfish. Get rid of old books and documents, or place them far away from your living areas, and clean up moisture around the house. If none of this works, detonate a low-yield thermonuclear weapon in your basement. That never fails. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest BROWNer

jesus christ mams, if i had those in my house i'd

be moving out..

i had centipedes at an old character house i used

to live in back east, fucking sick and HUGE..i'm not sure

if they actually were centipedes, that's what they looked

like, sort of a cross between those house things and a

centipede is guess(?). nasty.

so you're telling me that they like old paper?

fuck that, i have fucking TONS of old scraps of paper

in my spare bedroom....i can't throw that shit out..

i'm going to the store to get some deadly shit. i

got up a little while ago, went to grab a bowl for some

breakfast and there was one chillin' in the bowl.

by the way, so far i haven't noticed them being

fast whatsoever. maneuverable, but not fast.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

What we do have here in New England in abundance are house centipedes, which are fucking creepy...

oh geez. I have quite a few of them at my house. Especially in the summer. I think they come up through the plumbing. Many a can of Raid are wasted on these bad boys. No other bug can make me jump out of my skin the way these do. I HATE them with a passion. They're fast buggers, too.

The big ones are huge, and the small ones make me cringe because I know there are probably a million of them walking around. Thing is, and my family can attest to this, I have a special sense of bugs around me. When I walk into a room, I can spot these fuckers right away.

Originally posted by ARCEL

All right, a priest walks into a bar. A Californian cozies up to the priest and says "For a dollar I'll give you a night you'll never forget." The priest orders a Martini. The bartender says "We don't see many priests in here."

The priest says "DiMaggio?"

So, anyways... I says to Mable I says..

Archived