1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Silkscreening (HELP)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_Tesseract, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Silkscreening (HELP)

Discussion started by imported_Tesseract - Feb 6, 2003

Here's the deal...i maybe lucky enough and have some of my graphics printed in t-shirts...my contacts are now in thailand waiting for a cd with my stuff to get started...for the last few days i cant contact them in any way and the clock is ticking...

What i want to know, if anyone knows, is what format/style to i send them on?

I have the designs in the size wanted at 300 dpi ready...is that good enough? should it be RGB or CMYK...

is that correct, please help

Thanx in advance,
    Tesser

2. WISE

WISE 12oz Member

WISE - Replied Feb 6, 2003

use CMYK, RGB is for the screen.
    use Pantone colors if you can.
    300 dpi should be ok, but def. don't go any lower.

as for file format that depends on the shop, .eps, .psd are usually fair game. But i'm sure they'll take a .jpg as well

WISE - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. SteveAustin

SteveAustin 12oz Veteran Member

SteveAustin - Replied Feb 6, 2003

Tess...
    the best possible way would be to send illustrator eps files using PMS colors. If the design can't be done in Illustrator then a CMYK tif file would work. How many colors are you using? If your using the whole gamet, then the screen printer will have to use dot patterns to get all the colors. While this works, it isn't the best looking way to screen print. I've used photoshop to do some of my stuff. If its only a few colors, I seperate them into each of the C M Y K channels and just rename each channel as a PMS color.

SteveAustin - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. imported_Tesseract - Replied Feb 6, 2003

Steve is always down with the best info,
    The designs cant be done in illustrator,...i hear you on cmyk but i cant follow the rest...i know photoshop well but since i never done anything besides graphix for web and photo stuff i dunno much about how do i go on from there...what are PMS colors?
    how do i seperate the colors?

I hate to do that bro, these last days i've bombed you with questions of all kinds..if you have a minute, please..

thanx.

ps. the resolution stays on 300 right?

5. SteveAustin

PMS colors...Pantone Matching System. Its pretty much the standard color system. Most design kids have PMS books with all the PMS color chips. You look through the book and pick the color you want. By using the PMS colors, you are pretty much guaranteed to get the exact color you wanted. Screen color varies from machine to machine but PMS is right on.

Photoshop files are automatically seperated into the 4 channels (providing its a CMYK file). Offset printing uses four different colored inks (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black) to get the full gamet of colors. There is a screen printing method that mimics offset printing by using the four colors and dot patterns. If your design uses more than a couple of colors then this is what you will need to have them do. If its only a couple colors lemme know and I'll tell ya what I do.

Yeah, resolution stays at 300. I just sent you an email regarding the other subject. Hit me up on my email with this stuff if you want. Kinda busy today so it might take a bit to get back at ya.

6. imported_Tesseract - Replied Feb 6, 2003

Steve, got the email..you're the man!!! thanx

I'll send you an email...hit me back whenever you can, no worries

thanx again

7. SteveAustin

check your email.

8. imported_Tesseract - Replied Feb 6, 2003

Checked and replied, [​IMG]