Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

silentbob says no to super slow death

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by SilentBob, Oct 13, 2003.

1. SilentBob

SilentBob Member

So after 7 years of investment into future cancers and general unhealthyness, I've decided its time to bite the bullet and quit smoking. At some point I realised that despite the fact I'm normally totally unsatisfied for one reason or another, I actually do value my health and my life. I know this due to my reactions to the near death experiences I've had aswell as my undieing fear of needles ( HIV looks like a mutherfucker). So its been 4 days since my last ciggerette, and I'm edgy like excallibor. I've put on weight. I'm finding it hard to talk to people because I feel so out of my natural element. I'm haveing trouble working for the same reason. I can't fucking think straight. In conclusion .... hooray for addiction

Feel free to leave some quit smoking tips... and/or some smart ass remarks..

I'll leave you with the best words I've heard all day ( even though they have nothing to do with smoking or quitting it ) "Kids at school laugh at me because I'm different...I laugh at them because their all the same" - friend of a friends 13 yr old daughter ..

2. Telo

Telo Elite Member

gimme some fucking tips too.. these sticks are a waste of money, time, and health.. i need to also quit.

3. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

hey. what's going on.

4. SilentBob

SilentBob Member

Well... I've quit smoking and am feeling edgy. Telo hasn't quit yet but also seems to be feeling edgy anyway. And a little girl is laughing at school mates.

5. caL

caL Senior Member

hey man good for you.

and that little girl is a champ
    :king:

6. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

that's from a t-shirt. your friend's daughter gets zero originality points. my mom chewed a lot of gum when she was quitting. best o luck.

7. i11igul

i11igul Senior Member

good disgrace yourself in the shower with all the cold water concentrating on you head:D

8. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

good luck. ive tried 5 times. today might be day one if i dont see anyone i know that smokes. i hope i can break one day today.

9. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

whilst i go burn an el and then light up a cigarette......

10. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

I stopped smoking cigs like 8 times.

I stopped agian about two weeks ago.
    I smoke only when i get super stressed lately. Now Im always chewing gum..

I still smoke bud occasionally, but usually just with my girl. Shit gets me too paranoid out in public.

11. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

Stopping smoking is the easiest thing to do ever. I've done it about 15 times.

12. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

^^^hahaha....quitters never win!

but hey man, good for you!
    I dont smoke...cigarettes...but
    I know addiction is hard to beat.

13. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

i remember you making a thread on how you quit for sure. haha how long did that last?

14. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

going to smoke again

15. SilentBob

SilentBob Member

So I thought I'de bump this thread considering I seem to have sucessfully quit smoking. Lets see, the date I posted this was "10-13-2003" 12 oz time. And its now 7/14/04 by my watch so thats roughly 9 months since I last smoked. I'm pretty happy with my effort. Anyone who's tried knows that shit isn't easy. I found every single thing I used to do while smoking ( which is more or less everything) had to be re-learnt .. but once you did whatever it was, the next time was alot easier... Since I've quit I've found my random stomache pains have stopped and my chest pains have eased up.. I'm a bit up on cash and I get to look snootily down on all my friends who looked at me and said "hey, if that undisciplined fuck can quit I can aswell", but never actually did.

Highlights of my non smoking career included.. lighting a cigerette for a friend who had just been hit by a car ....and not inhaling (clinton status) and... well ... thats about it ...