Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Signs

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by -Rage-, Aug 5, 2002.

1. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Ummm I didn't like it that much.

Seeing as how it was even filmed in my area. I was all hyped up. I saw it last Thursday in the afternoon.

** DON'T SPOIL THAT SHIT YOU DICK!

WTF?! Where'd you come from? ^^^^ ;)

2. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

I haven't seen it yet, so umm...eat my ass?

3. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

I'll pass "Nut Buster."

4. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

I'm so setting your ass on fire.

I can see the headlines now, "Boy mysteriously bursts into flames while filming movie in abandon asylum. One dead, two injuried."

5. Grandola

Grandola Senior Member

hell no, i really liked this movie - but seeing as i am a sci-fi nerd, i could see myself having a biased opinion, but either way, my non-sci-fi friends diged it as well...

that one seen with the home video and the kids party was cool.

6. ElectricitySucks

ElectricitySucks Veteran Member

i was supposed to go see this movie last night, but didnt....i havent been to a movie in a year and a half i think...

7. type R

type R Senior Member

i am seeing it tonight, i hope its worth my while.

8. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

because of this movie there has been a lot of hype about crop circles. i really dig them. it reminds me a lot of graffiti in a way. i wish we had them here in america.

9. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

Okay i have broke this son of a bitch movie down.

I did not like it.... the alien part. The whole alien crap is just that, crap.

THE MEANING BEHIND IT WAS AWSOME THOUGH. about faith and what ever this and that. it was fucking great.. i mean very damn great. (i mean, to me it was) like how he worded things out to his lil brother about being "lucky" ....it made alot of sense.

and for the record this movie had the ability to fuck my head up, sort of like the way PSYCHO did when i saw it in the movie theater.

and it WAS not scary at all. NOT AT ALL. even though i went to watch it with all white preppy kids around who jumped 4925849 times.

aliens: sucked
    head fuck level: high
    meaning/moral/blahblah: awsome.

10. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Dee.. you are on the ball.

11. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN IT!!

Rage, I was so dissapointed at the end at how the alien looked.

It looked so fucking damn generic, it was pathetic.

But, the whole asthma thing with the little boy was VERY good. Like, how he didn't die.

"Feel my chest, feel the air... Feel my chest, Feel my chest" ...this kinda fucked my head up too. I was like, uh,uh,uh..feel it, fucking feel it!

Oh a good part though, was when they catch a glimpse of the alien at that hispanic birthday party.

ok no more, some people havent seen it.

12. .R.

.R. Junior Member

yea I havent seen it, don't think i will, doesn't like all that amazeing to me.

13. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN IT!!

Vamanos children! Vamanos!

:lol:

I dunno, I live down the road from where it was all shot. The accents pissed me off hardcore.

M. Night (Ray in the movie) was the only REAL Pennsylvanian accent. The fucking sheriff talked like she was from Kansas... wtf?

I also agree that the aliens were really basic looking. It might have been even cooler if we had never seen them, but hey...

I just learned the other day that M. Night got all of his ideas (Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs) from comics books he used to read. They were called Mage. It's based on a character called Mage Knight (M. Night / M. Knight) How retarded. Basically Shyamalan stole all his ideas from the creator of Mage, Matt Wagner... Look it up if you don't believe me. There is even a cover of the comic book that has Mage holding a glowing basball bat!

Fucked up.

14. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

i agree that the aliens were retarded looking as hell. i think they should have kept it to glimses were you could barely make it out. the hand grabbing rory, the outline of the alien on the barn, the hand underneath the door, great stuff. i didnt think the home video was really all that cool, the people i went with thought it was though. the music worked really well though. i didnt like the noises the aliens made...it didnt fit their appearance. sounded too mechanical, whirz and gigz. i would have expected more earthly noises. and how come when phoenix starts beating fucker with the bat, fucker doesnt strike back? he just looks at him curiously. i thought it was a quality flick though. better than austin powers 3.

isnt it so very weird that rory (macauly's brother) culkin looks exactly the same as he did in Home Alone?

15. d-town_bomber

d-town_bomber Veteran Member