sidebusting

somefashion

There's been some debate between the writers in my town about when to sidebust and when not to. I was wondering if people could put in their two cents. When is it ok and when is it not? For example, can you get up on a train that has already been painted by someone you don't know or paint with? What if a few different people paint in the same yard and have to share what gets laid up... is it normal that sidebusting happens in that situation? Can you tag next to someone that has already tagged a spot? Are sidebusting trains more common than like rooftops or walls? Does the level of the writer effect these rules? ...etc... What is everyone's opinion on this?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

:lol: Some funny shit here, but I'm interested on this topic as well. Would you care if you got sidebusted by a wack piece? What if their colors sucked? Or, what if you have an end panel and they rock the rest of the fr8, kind of dwarfing your piece, you know?

I know of at least 2 respectable writers who will say an open panel is an open panel. I would never sidebust if there is a clean fr8 to be had.

:skull2:

isnt it all about getting up? i mean dont make a fool of yourself sidebustin somebody with some wack shit. but what difference does it make if your comin correct. i mean unless you out and out diss someones shit... but otherwise get up where you get up. id personally prefer a clean car, but without one, shit, here i come... i dunno... just my opinion

Sometimes peoples bombs are best left to themselves, because when too much shit is up in one spot it is more likely to get the buff. If you are in a chill yard or some piecing spot, side-busting is acceptable...but NEVER JEOPARDIZE HOW LONG SOMETHING WILL RUN BY SIDE-BUSTING. Dont tag around nice pieces, or backgrounds of productions...IF YOU SUCK, DONT PAINT MY SPOT

if you're a wack writer, it is never ok to sidebust anyone, anywhere.

if you have to ask this question, or if you saw the title and thought 'hmm, this looks interesting', you're probably wack and should avoid sidebusting at all costs, since any 'fame' it brings you, will be the negative kind.

Originally posted by seeking@Jul 15 2005, 10:55 AM

if you have to ask this question, or if you saw the title and thought 'hmm, this looks interesting', you're probably wack and should avoid sidebusting at all costs, since any 'fame' it brings you, will be the negative kind.

exactly...IF YOU HAVE TO ASK THIS QUESTION YOU SHOULD NOT BE STEPPING ON ANYONES TOES BY SIDEBUSTING.

especially on frieghts...sidebusting is NEVER ever ok on frieghts, ever. unless your crew with whoever it is your sidebusting.

Originally posted by seeking@Jul 15 2005, 10:55 AM

Who said anything about wanting fame? It sounds like the person just wants to respect whatever painters are in the same city as them and KNEW opinions would differ and asked people their views on the topic since this is the forum you typically post these kind of conversations. Your own graffiti snobbery and need to dominate or make fun of people for trying to respect other painters in their city and other people's views on the topic is evident of your own lack of self esteem and your need to subdue it by the ego driven task of painting and fucking with young painters on 12 oz and thats lame. and I bet the person is probably not whack, but actually decided they wanted to spark up conversation on this topic to have people converse like adults and compare feelings about it and if you will notice everyone's opinions are a little different but with the same main point and was handled maturally until you stepped in ... oh and also its pretty whack to be typing on here all the time instead of getting up and if the amount of time you spend on here measured by not being on here in any way pointed to the amount of time someone prolly was gettin up then sp,efashion has you beat buddy..

period.

jesus christ son, could you be any more fucking insecure?

trust me on this one, he sucks, you suck, and as stated, anyone who has to question this also sucks. it's not snobbery, it's fact. this is a very basic question, if you're still grappling with it, then you're a beginer. if you're a beginer, you are not good. simple math, simple question and a simple answer. what's the problem? oh right, your insecurity. my bad.

seeks/by 'my bad' what i meant was 'not my problem'.

u can plan that shit so you never go over anyone but......

how ya gonna live in the streets,, with out walkin on the weak.

babylon is cold and we could break it free but ,,,

we kill the next writer by,,,, instinct,,,pause,,an then think.....

u wanna kill shit but rusto's so hard to drink.....

ya empty can goes clingity clingty cliiing cliclink......silence.

Originally posted by seeking@Jul 16 2005, 04:00 AM

trust me on this one, he sucks, you suck, and as stated, anyone who has to question this also sucks. it's not snobbery, it's fact. this is a very basic question, if you're still grappling with it, then you're a beginer. if you're a beginer, you are not good. simple math, simple question and a simple answer. what's the problem? oh right, your insecurity. my bad.

I won't get into the name calling e-beef bullshit but you seem rigidly attached to your views, or maybe just strong in your convictions. There are writers who do it, good, bad, experienced, and new.

I wouldn't give a damn how much respect someone has for my work, nobody should sidebust my pieces.

As for small tags on shit, to me it doesnt really matter if you tag the same trashbin, lightpost, electrical box, grandma, etc. Why would anyone care about sidebusting a pen tag?

Truth be told, just don't even think about it.

Don't do it.

Originally posted by hobo knife+Jul 15 2005, 11:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hobo knife - Jul 15 2005, 11:17 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-seeking@Jul 15 2005, 10:55 AM

exactly...IF YOU HAVE TO ASK THIS QUESTION YOU SHOULD NOT BE STEPPING ON ANYONES TOES BY SIDEBUSTING.

especially on frieghts...sidebusting is NEVER ever ok on frieghts, ever. unless your crew with whoever it is your sidebusting.

[/b]

again exactly! if you shoud even think of asking this question to anyone you should stay away from trains...

ok first off people usually put hard work into graff they DONT want ANYONE to paint next to them and fuck it up unless of course if its oked or your same crew

second if they DONT want you to sidebust and its known to you DONT DO IT!!! theres obvioulsly a reason for this

so all in all side busting is for the toy with 2 exceptions(look up above)

Originally posted by commonanomaly+Jul 15 2005, 04:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (commonanomaly - Jul 15 2005, 04:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-seeking@Jul 15 2005, 10:55 AM

Who said anything about wanting fame? It sounds like the person just wants to respect whatever painters are in the same city as them and KNEW opinions would differ and asked people their views on the topic since this is the forum you typically post these kind of conversations. Your own graffiti snobbery and need to dominate or make fun of people for trying to respect other painters in their city and other people's views on the topic is evident of your own lack of self esteem and your need to subdue it by the ego driven task of painting and fucking with young painters on 12 oz and thats lame. and I bet the person is probably not whack, but actually decided they wanted to spark up conversation on this topic to have people converse like adults and compare feelings about it and if you will notice everyone's opinions are a little different but with the same main point and was handled maturally until you stepped in ... oh and also its pretty whack to be typing on here all the time instead of getting up and if the amount of time you spend on here measured by not being on here in any way pointed to the amount of time someone prolly was gettin up then sp,efashion has you beat buddy..

period.

[/b]

looks like the thread starter

if theres an open pannel and its a car don't see often where your from, fuck it: fair game. hell an open pannel is just that, an open pannel. i prefer to hit an unpainted car but if i got to do, it i will do it. if i gave a shit what anyone else thought, i'd loose alot of sleep...

hours and hours are spent on doing this if you love it... i love it.. I spend HOURS everyday on design and .. im passionate about it... and a lot of hard work has gone into to making the shit I do... truth be told so all this talk about whack shit... well bring it lets battle

anyway.. yeah there was only debate about sidebusting because of PERSONAL feelings ... not about anyones level of painting.. we're all about the same level and have been painting awhile... just beef going on and didn't want to step on toes... im not gonna back down to an extreme or cause extra problems... and I've always been the kind of painter that would normally not sidebust trains unless I had to, but this recent debate made me want to understand everyone's views... i knew not everyone would have the same thing to say so I asked and I appreciate the comments.

it seems like the consensus is don't be mean spirited about sidebusting and don't care what other writers think esp the ones who think they are god's gift to the graff community... do what you love and get up and if you feel you have to sidebust cuz yer wantin to paint and there's only one panel and the other is taken then fuckin take it... its about gettin up right? so get up! who cares where.. try to respect but mostly... do what you love and fuk the rest.

no laws among the lawless...

fuk all da haterz!

Originally posted by seeking@Jul 15 2005, 11:00 PM

pretty close minded dumbass.. someone could have been sketching for a year or two and getting up at a practice wall and studying like mad to understand typography and design and were in school for it..

perfected their style without anyone probably fucking noticing.. and only painting outside their little chill spot once in awhile to little by little acclimate themselves to painting trains and see what every new letter type looks like on a train until one day their like bam i've been doing this for a long fucking time on my OWN at my own wall without anyone to fuck with me and im perfecting technique and design and sketching hours and hours and hours and wasting much paper to get good and here i find myself in new territoy because I dont know shit about crews or the REALLY STUPID EGO RULES that come with graff sometimes...i just fucking love it and im good at it and i wanna get up on trains now and even though their shit is good... decide they want to try and respect these "rules" when they really think the rules are stupid but dont want to hurt any painters fragile little feelings so they ask questions and they decide to come out and paint trains like every night... without that knowledge but with the desire to respect and the love for the art... actually thats fucking commendable.. haha well that was how I started obviously.. I laid pretty low until I was good.. so i guess i can understand just because someone just started getting up in more dangerous spots or is just starting to paint trains doesnt mean their shit is whack.. and im not insecure.. i just thought you were a closeminded dumbass that thinks just because someone asks a question you should feel you have to dominate them out of some insecurity in yourself and thats dumb.

now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Originally posted by Crotch Oner+Jul 16 2005, 01:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Crotch Oner - Jul 16 2005, 01:19 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-seeking@Jul 16 2005, 04:00 AM

I won't get into the name calling e-beef bullshit but you seem rigidly attached to your views, or maybe just strong in your convictions. There are writers who do it, good, bad, experienced, and new.

[/b]

by the way... beginer? whats that... are you trying to say beginner? oh how cute... how do you even know what you are talking about anyway? learn how to spell before you come on here messing with people how do you know what a beginner is if you can't even spell the word HAHAHA

Originally posted by eatme101+Jul 18 2005, 10:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (eatme101 - Jul 18 2005, 10:25 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by commonanomaly@Jul 15 2005, 04:28 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-seeking@Jul 15 2005, 10:55 AM

period.

looks like the thread starter

[/b]

and you act like you know the thread starter and have beef and are writing replies with several names so shut up eatme101 haha good name

Just a few thoughts after reading some opinions. The origins of this shit started on the subways, where an open spot was an open spot, period. If you didn't rock a whole car it was prime real estate. I'd be interested to know what some old school writers think, but I suspect they would say the same with freights. Granted, there are a fuckload more freights than subway cars out there, and I'd rather start a brand new one, but if there's nothing else and choices are limited I'm going to do what I have to do. Shit, I already risked my ass to get there, I'm not leaving with nothing. I'm going to do what I came to do, grab my flick, and get the fuck out of there.