Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

sidebusting

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by somefashion, Jul 14, 2005.

1. somefashion

somefashion New Jack

There's been some debate between the writers in my town about when to sidebust and when not to. I was wondering if people could put in their two cents. When is it ok and when is it not? For example, can you get up on a train that has already been painted by someone you don't know or paint with? What if a few different people paint in the same yard and have to share what gets laid up... is it normal that sidebusting happens in that situation? Can you tag next to someone that has already tagged a spot? Are sidebusting trains more common than like rooftops or walls? Does the level of the writer effect these rules? ...etc... What is everyone's opinion on this?

2. yeaaaah baby

yeaaaah baby Elite Member

find your own spots. sidebusting happens, but keep it to a minimum.

3. HEISTone

HEISTone New Jack

i dont mind if i get sidebusted, cos it shows that someone has recognised wot uve done. its almost like a collab. :chicken: ?

4. somefashion

somefashion New Jack

Maybe I should make a fool of myself when I start a thread. At least that way I'd get more replies....

uuuuh does anyone know what a "yard" is? haha

5. KiLL Or DiE

KiLL Or DiE Senior Member

No..Please Explain....

6. MAGS156

MAGS156 Senior Member

7. Crotch Oner

Crotch Oner Junior Member

:lol: Some funny shit here, but I'm interested on this topic as well. Would you care if you got sidebusted by a wack piece? What if their colors sucked? Or, what if you have an end panel and they rock the rest of the fr8, kind of dwarfing your piece, you know?

I know of at least 2 respectable writers who will say an open panel is an open panel. I would never sidebust if there is a clean fr8 to be had.

:skull2:

8. religion

religion Member

If you are as good as or better than the writer on the train... giver.
    If there is a fresh car to be had, I'd rather hit it.

9. NeRVe54

NeRVe54 Senior Member

isnt it all about getting up? i mean dont make a fool of yourself sidebustin somebody with some wack shit. but what difference does it make if your comin correct. i mean unless you out and out diss someones shit... but otherwise get up where you get up. id personally prefer a clean car, but without one, shit, here i come... i dunno... just my opinion

10. sometwo

sometwo New Jack

Sometimes peoples bombs are best left to themselves, because when too much shit is up in one spot it is more likely to get the buff. If you are in a chill yard or some piecing spot, side-busting is acceptable...but NEVER JEOPARDIZE HOW LONG SOMETHING WILL RUN BY SIDE-BUSTING. Dont tag around nice pieces, or backgrounds of productions...IF YOU SUCK, DONT PAINT MY SPOT

11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

if you're a wack writer, it is never ok to sidebust anyone, anywhere.

if you have to ask this question, or if you saw the title and thought 'hmm, this looks interesting', you're probably wack and should avoid sidebusting at all costs, since any 'fame' it brings you, will be the negative kind.

12. hobo knife

hobo knife Junior Member

exactly...IF YOU HAVE TO ASK THIS QUESTION YOU SHOULD NOT BE STEPPING ON ANYONES TOES BY SIDEBUSTING.
    especially on frieghts...sidebusting is NEVER ever ok on frieghts, ever. unless your crew with whoever it is your sidebusting.

13. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

14. commonanomaly

commonanomaly New Jack

Who said anything about wanting fame? It sounds like the person just wants to respect whatever painters are in the same city as them and KNEW opinions would differ and asked people their views on the topic since this is the forum you typically post these kind of conversations. Your own graffiti snobbery and need to dominate or make fun of people for trying to respect other painters in their city and other people's views on the topic is evident of your own lack of self esteem and your need to subdue it by the ego driven task of painting and fucking with young painters on 12 oz and thats lame. and I bet the person is probably not whack, but actually decided they wanted to spark up conversation on this topic to have people converse like adults and compare feelings about it and if you will notice everyone's opinions are a little different but with the same main point and was handled maturally until you stepped in ... oh and also its pretty whack to be typing on here all the time instead of getting up and if the amount of time you spend on here measured by not being on here in any way pointed to the amount of time someone prolly was gettin up then sp,efashion has you beat buddy..

period.

15. register

register Member

no one wants their negative space fucked with. fuck that.