...sick with desire...

bodice_ripper

I had one summer that was the best time of my life (so far... :( ). i didn't even realise it at the time. It was also the most formative for my personality, thought processes, music tastes, drug use, clothing choice, grafitti etc etc etc

I feel I will always be comparing my current situation to that time. Everything sort of fell apart from there......................

Anyway, there are various songs, places, movies, people etc that are completely linked with it in my mind, and make me feel like I am looking back on someone who does not exist anymore.

do you have this too, and what are those things for you.......?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

fuck yeah, music its always linked to parts of my life, most people can agree that its able to bring you back. the problem is, you never know how much youre enjoying youself until its too late. once you realize, music is the best evidence to remind you of a care-free moment.

damn, i going to have to break out the saves the day cd tonight. i had a summer too, whrere my best friends parents werent home for the majority of the summer. as you can guess, it was out of controll night after night. all we listened to at that time was "cant slow down", so every time i hear it it brings me back to night after night of the craziest parties ive ever been to.damn.i dont know how we made it out alive.

good thread, im interested to hear what other people have to say

Guest WebsterUno

the good times.

I miss walking around aimlessly,

tagging poles, bus hopping, meeting girls.

Making mixtapes for my walkman, that

I rocked for like 5 years strong!

Everything I wore was gaffled.

The music then, for me, was TOOL,

KRS-ONE, Gangstarr. i miss that time.

Guest porksandwich

The best time of my life was definitely all the years I skated. Ever since I stopped it feels like I've changed for the worse. Every time I listen to styles of beyond, the return of the dj cd's or operation ivy I remember those carefree days and the way skating made life so much better.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

gaffled means racked

all my clothes were gaffled a few years ago but now they are all crap shit

i dont think my "defining" moment happened yet

untill then...its prolly been the summer from soph-junior year......i started smoking hella bomb and just kicking it with hella people smoking bomb.....i geuss it kinda fucked my life up but o well...this summer seems more cracking cus geuss what

MOE LESTERS GOING TO MOTHA FUCKIN TOKYO YEAAAAAAA

Originally posted by bodice_ripper

Anyway, there are various songs, places, movies, people etc that are completely linked with it in my mind, and make me feel like I am looking back on someone who does not exist anymore.

Here's what does it for me...

* Walking ANY train tracks reminds me if my best friend. We used to hit up spots all the time. That smell of the warm soaked oily tracks always brings me back.

... I could go on and on.

Taken from fr8lover's thread

Originally posted by -Rage-

Incubus - Just a Phase (and entire 'Morning View' album)

This reminds me of driving to Cape Cod this past February. I had to drive through a fucking ice storm from northern VT to lower MA. Took me about 8 hours. I was determined. Anyways.. I can picture myself listening to this song and driving down that long stretch before the Cape.

Saves The Day - Three Miles Down

Driving back from Cape Cod.

OneSideZero - Soak (and entire '...is this room getting smaller' album

This album reminds me of meeting the band and chilling with them for two hours on thier tour bus. The song reminds me of driving around Vermont for the hell of it. It's a GREAT thinking song.

Badly Drawn Boy - The Shining

This reminds me of getting off work at 10pm one stormy night. I was meeting up with my friends an my bro to head to the beach that night. I just picture myself listening to this song and driving in a lightning storm. Ugh..

Weezer - Only In Dreams

I can still picture myself sitting against my window thinking of a girl I never got the chance to say hello to.

The Urge - My Apology (and entire 'Masters Of Style' album)

Reminds me of my accounting teacher for some reason. *drool*

Reveille - Flesh And Blood (and entire 'Laced' album)

This cd reminds me of getting my three day suspension for "vandalizing school property" with my company stickers. I was an angry kid and this music made me angrier.

Jimmy Eat World - My Sundown

I played this song one day when I was driving home from Montreal and I couldn't stop playing it for a long time. Thsi reminds me of driving in the snowcovered streets of Vermont.

Dropkick Murphy's - Forever

Driving through Boston (hell yea) and 2001 Warped Tour.

Millencolin - The Ballad

My first semester at college. I was pretty down. New shit. New close minded people.

Factory 81 - Nanu

2001: Having a shitty summer and wishing I was 21. Also vowing that my 2002 summer would be a shitload better. It was.

The Get Up Kids - Long Goodnight

Perfect driving music from PA to VT everytime. Keeps ya thinking...and singing.

Finch - Ender & New Kid

Relationships.. the end.

Green Day - When I Come Around (and entire 'Dookie' album)

Trying to look cool in 8th grade and buying this album on a field trip in Baltimore.

Bloodhound Gang - No Rest For The Wicked (and every other BHG album)

Skipping my senior prom to see them live for a second time. Don't front.

Gang Starr - Soliloquy Of Chaos (2nd Disc in 'Full Clip' album)

First year college my roomie played this CD 24/7. He's lucky I love Gang Starr.

save the best for last...

Rage Against The Machine - Freedom (and everything else)

Freedom was the inspiration. I saw this video when I was in 6th grade! My brother had a copy of the CD on tape and I remember making my friends listen to it in my class. I was hooked from there on. Everything else was history.

Guest mikro137

sadly trick luuuuuuhhhh the kidz is my memories of winter.... sad , very sad , but trick daddy had a part in my life experience.

My life was like a coke commercial.

Ok there is this Coke commercial from a while back that had some kids (18/19) riding the subway back from a concert or a party or some shit. the whole commercial was about these kids night coming to an end and sitting back and reflecting on the night and suggesting that these are the best times of there lives.

With that said...... I went to the first Warped Tour with 5 or 6 of my best friends. We all rode the bus into town and dropped some acid. The day turned out to be the best time I have ever had. Not because of the drugs or anything like that just all the people I met and good music I heard. I remember sitting on the bus riding home(not high anymore) looking at this girl right across from me, that had obviously came from the same show we had, and falling in love with her with out even ever talking to her.

I know this all sound hella corny but till this day I still sit back remembering that day hopping that I will have another that will at least come close.

yeah, its crazy how looking back sorta sucks..shit was better than, and i agree with mr_president with the remembering scents of girls..obviously music, i also miss the days of skating. and being way to wreckless with graffiti...damn this summer is going to suck.

high school pales in comparison to my college experience. both were complete failures in their own right and i'm slightly less the knucklehead i was 5 years ago. i wouldn't be able to swing the lifestyle i did i college now even if i had the oppurtunity. that used to bother me but evolution happens and i don't find the sense in mulling over the past if i can't change it. i guess i'm writing the next dope chapter in my life now if there is such a thing.

Originally posted by hold the cup

yeah, its crazy how looking back sorta sucks..shit was better than, and i agree with mr_president with the remembering scents of girls..obviously music, i also miss the days of skating. and being way to wreckless with graffiti...damn this summer is going to suck.

hahaha...damn jack rabbits.

Guest sneak
Originally posted by dELiSs

Yes exactly. There's always time to make more good times though eh.

well said deliss. bravo

Guest WebsterUno

"Rage Against The Machine - Freedom (and everything else)

Freedom was the inspiration. I saw this video when I was in 6th grade! My brother had a copy of the CD on tape and I remember making my friends listen to it in my class. I was hooked from there on. Everything else was history. "

Damn, I was in the 10th grade when this came out!

certain smells bring back distinct memories for me.

that kick ass ozone smell always reminds me of being a little kid looking out the patio door and the deepest, darkest green sky I've ever seen. tornados touched down all over the place that day.

http://www.scentiments.com/scentiments/assets/product_images/330.gif'>

this stuff will always remind me of this girl I dated my second year of college.

I'd say my last year of highschool was a bit of a peak.

First love, painting all the time, no responsibility

Then there was another one in the second year of college.

Actually getting smooth, star of the film school, learing tact

My latest was about 2 years out of college.

Getting the job rolling, building up the home, making adult connections

I think I'm about due for another peak.

And dont worry about setting the bar too high.

As long as you've got the drive, you'll surpass you last high mark.

i get the feeling im living the part of life im soon to look back on and miss .

as im alot younger than most of the board .

im still bombing just for the fun to go out and wreck

freestyle battles after school

skipping school just to go get flicks

catching trains just to suss the lines , bus adventures

girls , lame partys every week where at least 3 people drink way to much

and end up somewhere in oblivion coz no one knows how to handle alcohol .

not really having any worries , even though i complain a fair bit i have it mad easy .

word up to this thread . im sure ill miss these times give me a couple of years .

Archived