Shrinking Pictures

Weapon X

I am very computer retarded. It is surprising what a couple of years of not having access to a good computer can do one’s computer aptitude.

Anyway, I got some flicks taken from a digicam that are friggin’ huuuuge, and I need to size them down. Then, they will be posted on to Brick Slayers.

I don’t have photoshop, or anything fancy. On this computer here, I am on Windows 98 with nothing else. I don’t even think I have anything like MSPaint, or whatever.

I’ve scanned pictures before, when my scanner (HP) worked, and I could shrink through that thing, but not with just a normal jpeg.

Does anyone know an easy way about this? Keep in mind that I have approximately 11 mb of space left, so going onto Kazaa and stealing some program is out of the question.

I’m gonna go shave. Hopefully I have an answer by the time I’m done.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

1. Download IrfanView here , its FREE, LIGHT and AWESOME

2. After you get it, open the flicks with it and IMAGE>RESIZE/RESAMPLE

save and close.

Originally posted by Tesseract

1. Download IrfanView here , its FREE, LIGHT and AWESOME

2. After you get it, open the flicks with it and IMAGE>RESIZE/RESAMPLE

save and close.

Wow tesser.. That program really does kick incredible amounts of ass..

I think the best feature is that you can preview the pictures before you open them if they have some goofy label.. Some, but not all programs allow that.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Telo

Wow tesser.. That program really does kick incredible amounts of ass..

I think the best feature is that you can preview the pictures before you open them if they have some goofy label.. Some, but not all programs allow that.

Its seriously the best free image viewer/editor program there is out there...be sure you grab all the plugins too.

Hey, thanks, Tesseract. That program is actually pretty nifty. Very simple to use, seeing how I got the job done with no mess.

NomadaGarciaparra, I often use photobucket.com. I didn’t realize it had a resize option on it, but thanks.

Theo, not only is there dust in your closet, but there is probably a crease in your pant legs, too. You should get on that, soldier.

It hurts my eyes.

Hey, Tesseract, sorry to be a retard here who asks too many questions, but would you happen to know how I can use Irfanview without changing the file to a bitmap? Or, if anything, converting the file back to *.jpeg after.

When I posted the pictures up, photobucket resized them like hell. They look awful now. I think the bitmap format makes the file too big, maybe. I’ve put up bigger pictures in photobucket, and they were never resized, because they were less than 250k. I want this picture to be, like, less than 100k.

Guest imported_Tesseract

No problemo homie, ask as much stuff you want. To save images on different formats you just hit SAVE AS and on the window that pops you fill in the filename and right above it theres a scrollbox with various format types. scroll it, select jpg and then hit the OPTIONS button. Here you see and control the level of jpg compression you'll be using...i always use 70% for internet images, small files, no noise.