Show Reviews: Army of Ponch, Dismemberment Plan, Hot Water Music

CIPHER_one

Army of Ponch 10.4: The openeing band, The Strapons, was rediculously bad. Girl band except for the singer. The second band, Anchor, was just pretty boring. Army of Ponch came out with the guitarist wearing a t-shirt that said: "Butt fuck me". When the sound guy asked what they want in their monitors, they just kinda shook their head and asked if they could play. They're pretty screamy, with some soft vocals thrown in, very melodic. They were really good live, involved the crowd, lots of emotion. Nice, funny guys.

The Dismemberment Plan 10.5: The opening band, a band from Japan who's name I can't remember, was pretty good. They sounded kind of like old Weezer. The second band was comperable to Anchor, very boring. The Dismemberment Plan was really great. I wasn't too familiar with their stuff, except for their latest album and a few older songs, so it was hard to really get into it. But they were really good on stage, lots of energy. The dude has such diverse vocals. I didn't know they were so electronic though. They had 2 keyboards hooked up to a laptop. Definitely a fun show.

Hot Water Music 10.8: The lineup for this show was The Start, Coheed and Cambria, Thrice, Hot Water Music. I got there an hour late to find it was completely sold out, with around 50 people trying to get in...which is really shocking and upsetting since I drove an hour for HWM. I heard the last song from Coheed outside and it sounded really great. I came back after an hour or so, to listen to some of HWM from outside. A firend of mine somehow got me into the venue, but i had to shell $20...which sucks, but it was well worth it. They put on an incredible show. Their new stuff is sounding really good, its a little more upbeat I think. I wasnt able to shell out even more cash to hear it on the album, though.

Post up your show reviews.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Archived