Shoveling the sidewalk/driveway

T.T Boy

well, for most of us we spend may days/nights shoveling the sidewalk andor driveway. what are your thoughts on this? what about it bothers you? for me i enjoy it in the evening, a nice cool winter night get my shovel on, and come on to some hot chocolate. its great and i feel like im getting active too. i do although, hate it when some asshole drives by and plows all the snow back up about 3 feet on to your driveway. but for me shoveling the walk is a great tradition.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My Dad owns a landscaping company and has 3 snow plows and 7 snow blowers, so basicly I don't worry about shoveling. However, I did used to help him shovel snow when he first got his buisness started. I was this 11 year old little girl with a huge ass metal snow shovel.. all the residentual people thought it was cute to see a girl with her dad so they'd tip me like 10 bucks, plus the 5.50 an hour i was making. Over 15 bucks an hour ain't bad for a 6th grader.

I despise shoveling. (Unless there's a girl, a steep driveway, slippery conditions, and snowbank games involved...but I digress.)

If it's a short job I will attack it with a vengeance, and half enjoy it, probably because it's my first time outside the house in a while and it's good to get some activity. After 30 minutes though I'm all about the hot chocolate and resting my spine.

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

I despise shoveling. (Unless there's a girl, a steep driveway, slippery conditions, and snowbank games involved...but I digress.)

If it's a short job I will attack it with a vengeance, and half enjoy it, probably because it's my first time outside the house in a while and it's good to get some activity. After 30 minutes though I'm all about the hot chocolate and resting my spine.

there is always snowbank games going on when im shoveling.

Guest imported_Tesseract

If it's a short job I will attack it with a vengeance

HAHAHA, perfect.

#2 on my top 10 12oz members quotes

amen to that good sir. amen.

shoveling walks can't be as bad as shoveling the outdoor runs at a dog kennel...there are 153 outdoor runs ranging from 10 to 24 feet long, not to mention all the fencing that divides everything up, so it's not like you can just throw snow right over to your left all conviniently...first you have to walk out each run's gate then throw the snow over a 6.5 foot high fence on the other side. eh, it's a bitch no matter how you slice it i guess...not looking forward to that part of winter for sure....

I've never had the pleasure... but I did date a girlie from Maine who's house was 1/2 mile off the highway... they would usually have to chop up at least one fallen tree a year...

for those who haven't been to Maine... everyone has a Bobcat in their front yard, it's crazy rugged...

Originally posted by Beast

I make money from shovelling so it is all good. I enjoy the early sunny mornings. But when it is all wet and heavy it becomes a bitch.

damn when are you gonna come to my neighborhood asking to shovel my driveway? id pay you 3 dollars and a cup of hot chocolate. hahaha fuck man, youve got me laughing, i cant see you shoveling sidewalks.

good to see im not the only sidewalk shoveler aorund here, most of you are keepin it real at least.

Originally posted by T.T Boy

damn when are you gonna come to my neighborhood asking to shovel my driveway? id pay you 3 dollars and a cup of hot chocolate. hahaha fuck man, youve got me laughing, i cant see you shoveling sidewalks.

that got me laughing too.. just can't see it beast..

for some reason i enjoy shoveling.. made $200 in an hour and half last year. easiest money i ever made..

get me near 3 feet with a shovel and its over..

Originally posted by bigpoppa.k

that got me laughing too.. just can't see it beast..

for some reason i enjoy shoveling.. made $200 in an hour and half last year. easiest money i ever made..

get me near 3 feet with a shovel and its over..

hahaha I put on my bear skin underwear and my big shield that hangs around my neck and then scoop it all up. I take care of the old ladies.

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9
Originally posted by dBUSH

snow?:confused:

exactly.

60 something degrees in nyc and its almost december.!?!

global warming anyone??

I don't really like to shovel snow,but I'll do it if I have to..It's driving in the shit that sucks..I'm been lucky so far,it hasn't tried yet..but the wind chill factor is hella low,and it's cold as fuck.oh well.....

Man, I have a big long driveway and I have to shovel it all, it's hella gay. My arms and my back hurt, and I start to freeze. And you know how it is in Calgary, we don't just get snow, we get monster god-must-be-pissed-off dumpings that go up to your knees. And I hate that snow that gets stuck on the bottom, so you gotta chip at it for hours to get it off or it'll freeze. I remember one time I jokingly tried to push my mum in the snow, thinking we'd all have a good laugh about it. But she didn't, she hit me with the shovel, threw me in the snow and started yelling at me. I have never gotten money for shovelling, and refuse to offer this tedious job as a "service" to old ladies. If I have to do it, so do they.

The only time shovelling the snow is semi-decent is when all the kids are doing it at the same time, which almost never happens. Then you have big snowball fights, holding the smaller kids under the snow till they go unconscious. Good times. But that only happens like once all winter. And then of course there's the dumb fuckers who drive by, always staring at you, laughing at you from their warm. Bastards. And that is why I despise snow shovelling.

But seriously, don't front on the bear-skin undies. Yoou have never even experienced cold till you lived here

Originally posted by T.T Boy

bear skin undies are the hot shit. yall easterners should invest.

i'd rather invest in the rug. chicks dig the rug more than the undies..

i know about the cold out there too. its pretty pussyass cold. -20 and i'm walking to the store with no jacket.. whats up with that? out here, you have to put on a snowsuit to take out the garbage in -5..

you guys have the dry cold out there. we've got the deep down bone chillin, limb snappin cold..

Originally posted by bigpoppa.k

i'd rather invest in the rug. chicks dig the rug more than the undies..

i know about the cold out there too. its pretty pussyass cold. -20 and i'm walking to the store with no jacket.. whats up with that? out here, you have to put on a snowsuit to take out the garbage in -5..

you guys have the dry cold out there. we've got the deep down bone chillin, limb snappin cold..

Living in a place this damn cold the only thing you can do in the winter is call anyone else who lives anywhere slightly warmer a "pussy" and talk shit about how much colder your city is. People here are fucking insane...when the end of winter is approaching, soon as its in the single digits below zero you start seeing people in shorts. When the temprature starts dropping and winter approaches I start going into "seige" mode, and get ready to hunker down and wait out the winter...it must be somthing in the water...I wanna go back to being in toronto in january with -15 tempratures and going "holy shit this is cold! how could anyone live anywhere colder?"

Originally posted by ese

Living in a place this damn cold the only thing you can do in the winter is call anyone else who lives anywhere slightly warmer a "pussy" and talk shit about how much colder your city is. People here are fucking insane...when the end of winter is approaching, soon as its in the single digits below zero you start seeing people in shorts. When the temprature starts dropping and winter approaches I start going into "seige" mode, and get ready to hunker down and wait out the winter...it must be somthing in the water...I wanna go back to being in toronto in january with -15 tempratures and going "holy shit this is cold! how could anyone live anywhere colder?"

jokes bud.. wasn't callin the people pussies, just the cold.

seriously though.. spent the winter in edmonton a couple years back. it was seriously fuckin cold yeah, but i was weirded out at what kinda cold it was. and too much snow. i got a pic of me in a backyard with snow up to my neck, and thats not snowbanks either. crazy shit out there but... weird cold. i walked 3 blocks to the store one night with only a hoody on, and was pretty much fine in -20. sure my nostrils froze together, but it was a gorgeous night out. you just don't find that here. its a dry cold, compared to the east which has a damp cold.. and the damp cold is where you feel it in your bones. it doesn't even have to be below zero and you're feelin it. i'd take the dry any day..

Archived