Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

shout out to bob edwards, host of morning edition on NPR...done today after 30 years

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by mental invalid, Apr 30, 2004.

1. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

"im bob edwards and your listening to morning edition on npr"

bob,

ill miss you in the a.m. hombre...your voice has been riding shotgun since i started this 9-5 shit and i appreciate all the audio trips weve taken while ive been stuck in bumper to bumper drudgery...its been a great commute and youll surely be missed...a voice of a face ive never met but knew so well...

good luck with the new role, dont be a stranger.

"hear you later"

roe

the man the myth the legend:

http://www.npr.org/about/specials/bedwards/

2. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Get all of these chickens out of my face.

3. WISE

WISE Member

So last night I was at a bar talking to a bunch of girls and I was somehow on the topic of the "90 second naturalist" on NPR, and asked the girls if any of them listen to NPR. 2 of the 3 just looked at me and said "no." and the last girl said that in highschool her geography teacher used to listen to NPR. Then they all walked away.

4. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

My roommate listens to NPR ALL DAY LONG!! in between NPR its drum and bass..then..BACK TO NPR! its rubbed off on me. the people on it are pretty funny and cool tho. bob was the man on the early morning tip. that show this american life is cool, dr katz (remember him?) his son comes on there sometimes and tells very wierd awesome short stories.

5. mental invalid

the man deserves a bumpski

6. metallix

metallix Elite Member

7. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Damn bob, you will be missed on my morning commute. Thanks for getting up at 1 in the morning every day.

8. PalestineOne

PalestineOne Senior Member

did he die? retired?
    never heard of him though

9. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

You might not have heard of him, but you've probably heard him. He's going to be a correspondent.

10. mental invalid

finally! someone else...i figured there only be a few, but i was begining to wonder...

11. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

12. mental invalid

thank for the token gesture...

13. shape1369

shape1369 Member

its a sad day in the world of public radio. i dont understand how movin to this new guy is gonna get more ppl to listen....thats why they did this supposedly try ad get a fresher demographic. im assumin that means younger. but the question i have is do they really think that by movin to a new announcer they are gonna get a younger demographic? i think not, those of us that are young and listen dont listen tofr the announcer. o well. at least he is stayin on as a special correspondent. as u can see im a lil perturbed by this...