SHOULD WE STARVE A RETARDED LADY?

excalibus

Im interested to know what people think about the US court decision to allow a feeding tube that was being used to feed a disabled lady to be removed and effectivly let her die of starvation at the request of her husband.

I think this is a disgrace and am disilusiond over the incident, it is SPARTICAN!!!!!

This will now allow parents of babies or children that are retarded to choose if they want their kid to live or die. It wil mean legal guardians of anyone in a coma or who cannot feed themselves or communicate may choose that they do not want the disabled person to live, and will thus apply to an US court to starve them to death. Its a sad thing that has happend. :( :( :(

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

She's not just retarded, she's braindead. The only part of her brain that works is the part that allows movement, which she can't even control, which is why she needs a feeding tube and it's also why she moves like a retarded person.

And there's already a thread about this.

In the Crossfire section.

if shes braindead she would not be responsive to anything, which she is. Im not against euthenasia, I think it is an amazing right people have been given, but the choice to die should only be given to a concious person able to explain the plight of their world of pain. Terri Schiavo is retarded so she cant say no to this. If she could speek and say she wanted to die because of the reasons people have stated thats fine, but if were goin to kill her without hearing weather she wants it, were murderes. Freedom of choice only when you are free to choose, this woman obviously isnt.

seems like shes just a burden on everyone

*but also, im pretty sure it's well established that she is not retarded, she is brain dead. there's nothing left there. it's not like "lorenzo's oil" where it's a person actually trapped inside a nonfunctioning body.

I think it's obsurd how many people are flaming her husband on the news, I mean think about if your wife was braindead and couldn't do a damn thing, you'd do what you'd think she'd want you to do and all I know is that if I'm so braindead that I hafta be fed by a tube, then I'd want my parents or wife to go ahead and put me down. I mean I know it has to be hard on the parents, but does anyone really want to live this way? It's not really living, it's being kept alive by some machine.

what about in the future when someone can talk but is terminally ill, should we now let court precident decide that the persons guardian can decide its time for that person to go, they will now be a burden on society and have no chance of recocery. What if they say no, bad luck now the court ruled yuou have no chance of recovery and are a burdenn on the society, even though u may think your not, your legal guardian has decided and the court backs them up. Sad situation. What about when parents know there child is going to be retarded when it is born, should they be allowed to decide whether he is put to death now because he has no chance of ever functioning normally and will be a burden to society.

^^thats a whole other story.

Listen, when someones in the hospital whether they are elderly (such as one of your grandparents) or young but just basically not functioning, whoever is their husband/wife/guardian/care taker has word over what happens to them. My father had to "pull the plug" on my grandfather, without machines he wouldnt live. Does that mean he should have let the machines used to keep my grandfather alive on, and that by "pulling them" he is a murderer? Even though this is an argument that will never be solved, in many ways NO, he isnt. You will all most likely have to go through that, and its going to be the hardest decision you will make in your life. If my husband had become brain dead, god, to allow him to die would be the most ridiculously difficult choice I would ever make, but Id have to make it. Its not like her husband is like "fuck a bitch, pull it!" Think about it on the other side as well.

Zing my ass, kid didnt even spell bulimia right. And was totally off on the whole "isnt shoving a tube down her throat against what she is brain dead for anyway." Guys, learn about shit before you make rash assumptions about illnesses or diseases. Im not trying to be a bitch, Im just trying to make a point.

Originally posted by HECZONER@Mar 23 2005, 11:55 PM

she fell into the coma cuz she was a puker.... (bolemia)sp? so... if you put it into perspective if she gets a tube stuck down her throat isn't that forcing her to do something she didn't want to do from the get go??

HAHA so true.

...actually about 5 years back i got ran over by a tank and i was brain dead for 36 months, and i had a full recovery (cept now my middle finger wont go down hurrhurrhurr) but yo if they cut my tube i woulda died yo and i wouldnt be alive today to share my story with all you kiddies

^^ yo, just don't say you got ran over by a tank and not tell the whole story.

i just wonder what her parents are hoping to accomplish by keeping her alive when there is no chance of recovery? however hard it may be, maybe they just need to accept it and let go.

HAHA so true.

...actually about 5 years back i got ran over by a tank and i was brain dead for 36 months, and i had a full recovery (cept now my middle finger wont go down hurrhurrhurr) but yo if they cut my tube i woulda died yo and i wouldnt be alive today to share my story with all you kiddies

^^

correct me if im wrong but, ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO RECOVER FROM THE STATE OF BEING BRAIN DEAD.PERIOD. plus, where the hell were you getting run over by a tank? i call bullshit.

My poor dog, last spring, had his kidneys fail on him. To me, this dog was like a blood brother, and anyone who has ever had a pet knows exactly what I'm talking about. I helped picked this dog out of the litter, and he was a part of my family for over 15 years. When his kidneys failed, he just wasn't himself, and I could see in his eyes that he was not at all happy with his situation.

He was just skin and bones towards the end, had nowhere near the ammount of energy he had, even for a 15 year old dog (he had so much youth his whole life, right up to the end). we could have put him on dialisis (sp?), on an I.V., and he would have regained some strength, and had some nutrients put back in and all that, but that would only be temporary, and he would eventually crash and be worse off than he was to begin with. He wasn't in a comfortable situation to begin with, and he would be even less comfortable if we had tried to rejuvinate him.

To myself and my parents, as hard as it was, the best thing we thought we could do would be to put him to sleep. He had lived a full life, and was clearly in lots of pain, and so we just wanted what would make him the most comfortable. I was there when the whole thing happened, saw his eyes, one second filled with his life, and the next just gone, where to I still think about to this day. As you know, dogs cant talk, and we had to just assume that this was what was best for him. If you want to call me a dog killer, go right ahead, but I'm glad he went out like that, and not with his legs hooked to an IV so that he could "live" another month or two, full of pain and stress.

Anyway, I'm not sure what this has to do with this thread, but I'm gonna check and make sure I filled out my health care proxy so that in the event that I get into a terrible accident and my brain stops functioning, I can still have control over myself in some way and have done to me whatever I wish.

Its none of our business, i dont know sherry telano or whatever the fuck her name is and i dont want to know who the fuck she is. What makes her so fucking special to have congress pass a law specifically for her? That shit should be handled within family and maybe a lower court system. I dont know, the media just blew this up, if she cant really communicate and she isnt capable of much except breathing, if that. Then i dont see what the point is of keeping her alive, just so you could can say "look shes alive her heart beats!" I think her family who want that shit back in her throat are in denial they should see psychologists and maybe they can come to terms with the state of their daughter and learn to say goodbye. And everyone else who wants the tube back, protests in favor "life", makes it their own political cause for their own personal gain and would have never given a shit about her if they hadnt seen it on the news, EAT SHIT AND DIE MOTHERFUCKER!

any one who is is basicly brain dead with no hope of coming back should not be forced to exsist in a state of limbo so to speak ..in my personal opinion why keep prolonging the inevitable....it's not like they will wake up and all the sudden your on your next family camping trip or anything it's basicly over at that point...the goverment should have no say in the matter....

She aint completely brain dead, she is severely retarded! So retarded that she needs a fucking feeding tube!

But I still don't think everyone involved (including her) needs to be put through this shit. Espescially if she told her man she wouldn't want it. And for Gods sake don't starve the bitch!!! just put her under or something.

PS---> I wanna hear the story bout dude getting run over by a tank!!!

I'm calling bullshit too.