should they change the opening credits of the simpsons?

Guest NATO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

being an avid simpsons watcher.....i would say that the opening is totally reassuring that the world is OK and TV hasn't totally gone to shit., so I don't know if my simple mind would become confused.

No because it is too classic

Yes because they would come up with something 10x as funny...

Guest got tha feva

I love the one they have now.. but I gotta admit, I think it'd be dope if they changed it up some.. same music of course, but just put some different twists in it. Anything else, I couldn't risk the change. But this show constantly blows my mind, just when I think it couldn't get any funnier BAM! ralph wiggum pretends to be a meowing kitty cat in the middle of a pseudo lord of the flys fight for survival on a deserted island. "I'm so hungry, I could eat at Arby's" "wow, she is really hungry..." what! i say change it, the old one will be forever imprinted inside my mind anyway.

PruDE

I think they should only change it if they are going to continue on with another 5 years of new episodes. Changing the beginning is kind of like changing the generations of the episodes. You can tell if its going to be an early early simpsons just by watching the beginning. If they change it, i hope they pull out all the stops on it...

I love this little excerpt from tonights episode. (1-6-02)

Flanders: "Me and the boys made you breakfast in bed. Its the best darn diddily way to start your first flanders day!"

(Ginger drinks coffee)

Ginger: "think you can irish up this coffe for me?"

Flanders: "Whoops, watch the swears honeybear, we don't use the "I" word in this house."

(Ginger shuffles around in night stand)

Ginger: "Wheres my cigarettes?!"

Tod: "We flushed your sin sticks down to hell."

Rod: "Smokers are JOkers!"

Rod and Tod (chanting): " Smokers are JOkers!, Smokers are JOkers!"

Ginger: "I think i'm gonna throw up!"

Flanders: "OOh, Who wants to hold mommy's hair?"

Rod: "I do"

Todd: "Me!"

Hee hee... a true classic in the making!

Guest Obsessed
Originally posted by OPIUM3

(Ginger shuffles around in night stand)

Ginger: "Wheres my cigarettes?!"

Tod: "We flushed your sin sticks down to hell."

Rod: "Smokers are JOkers!"

Rod and Tod (chanting): " Smokers are JOkers!, Smokers are JOkers!"

my roommate and me laughed for a good five minutes when they started chanting that

• 3 months later...
Guest railroadjerk

Re: I wonder if this is happening in other places

Originally posted by Smart

so, for the last 2 weeks, the Simpsons have started with Homer pulling into the driveway with the shortest theme ever...

we always noticed this taking place while i grew up, my dad and i would always be really pissed off when that happened...i always wondered why they did that. maybe the show ran an extra minute or two that day or something.

Re: Re: I wonder if this is happening in other places

Originally posted by railroadjerk

we always noticed this taking place while i grew up, my dad and i would always be really pissed off when that happened...i always wondered why they did that. maybe the show ran an extra minute or two that day or something.

well, it also used to be that, with an 'all new' episode, they would show the credits and go right into the show... now the credits are shorter and there's a commercial before the show actually starts... I think it's the power of advertising dollars at work... I feel ripped off...

Archived