Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

should they change the opening credits of the simpsons?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by NATO, Jan 6, 2002.

1. NATO

NATO Guest

do you think it would ruin it or would it make a refreshing change?

2. dr. frink one

dr. frink one Elite Member

being an avid simpsons watcher.....i would say that the opening is totally reassuring that the world is OK and TV hasn't totally gone to shit., so I don't know if my simple mind would become confused.
    No because it is too classic
    Yes because they would come up with something 10x as funny...

3. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

simpson, homer simpson, hes the greatest guy in history (forget if thats right?) from the, town of springfield, hes about to hit a chest nut tree.....

aaah!

4. Daze One Million

Daze One Million Elite Member

what they need to do is change the intro from the simpsons running into thier living room to find them allready seated on the couch to something that varies like how its supposed to be, damn reruns err!

simpsons is the shit

5. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

It is so classic that to change it would be blasphemous.

6. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

hahah, exactly.....after somethings around for a certain amount of time you just dont fuck with it.....

7. Sear

Sear Junior Member

i agree with fink that a new opening would probbaly be way funnier, however im so used to seeing the old one, it probably wouldnt work.

8. I Luv Roo

I Luv Roo Member

what do you mean! They change it every time - you never know what's coming next....

huhuh.

9. got tha feva

got tha feva Guest

I love the one they have now.. but I gotta admit, I think it'd be dope if they changed it up some.. same music of course, but just put some different twists in it. Anything else, I couldn't risk the change. But this show constantly blows my mind, just when I think it couldn't get any funnier BAM! ralph wiggum pretends to be a meowing kitty cat in the middle of a pseudo lord of the flys fight for survival on a deserted island. "I'm so hungry, I could eat at Arby's" "wow, she is really hungry..." what! i say change it, the old one will be forever imprinted inside my mind anyway.

PruDE

10. MR BOJANGLES

MR BOJANGLES Guest

11. Obsessed

Obsessed Guest

nay! the different couch situations are enough for me

12. OPIUM3

OPIUM3 Senior Member

I think they should only change it if they are going to continue on with another 5 years of new episodes. Changing the beginning is kind of like changing the generations of the episodes. You can tell if its going to be an early early simpsons just by watching the beginning. If they change it, i hope they pull out all the stops on it...

I love this little excerpt from tonights episode. (1-6-02)

Flanders: "Me and the boys made you breakfast in bed. Its the best darn diddily way to start your first flanders day!"

(Ginger drinks coffee)

Ginger: "think you can irish up this coffe for me?"
    Flanders: "Whoops, watch the swears honeybear, we don't use the "I" word in this house."

(Ginger shuffles around in night stand)

Ginger: "Wheres my cigarettes?!"
    Tod: "We flushed your sin sticks down to hell."
    Rod: "Smokers are JOkers!"
    Rod and Tod (chanting): " Smokers are JOkers!, Smokers are JOkers!"

Ginger: "I think i'm gonna throw up!"
    Flanders: "OOh, Who wants to hold mommy's hair?"

Rod: "I do"
    Todd: "Me!"

Hee hee... a true classic in the making!

13. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

hell no. it wouldn't be the simpsons if you weren't waiting to read what bart has written on the blackboard (my favorite being "nobody reads these anymore"), and seeing how they'll end up on the couch.

14. Obsessed

Obsessed Guest

my roommate and me laughed for a good five minutes when they started chanting that

15. NATO

NATO Guest

ha ha i just noticed what someone did to the poll!