Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Should OG Oontzers with kids old enough, allow them to join 12oz?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by misteraven, Jan 23, 2018.

?

Should OG Oontzers with kids old enough, allow them to join 12oz?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. No (Fuck no!)

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Boogie hands

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  1. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

Made my son a one off kids size of the recent 12ozProphet x WOBF tee. Strangely (to me at least), all the kids in his junior high are all sweating Supreme and now that he showed up with that tee, a bunch of them were scrambling to figure out what 12ozProphet is.

I recall back when the first few 12ozProphet IRL relationships started happening. Since AOL was still the dominant force, the idea of that sounded so freakin crazy to me. Then we find out a few got married and some even had kids. Believe there are at least 2 mods that met their spouse on 12oz and had kids.

Ina ny case, many more of us are old enough to have kids and a few of those kids are old enough to at least be the same age as some of the younger Oontzers we've had over the years. (So crazy!).

Feel like its a matter of time before my own son is registered and talking shit on here, leaving me to decide whether to let him maybe have Dirty Dozen access or make him a mod so he can ban hammer so of the retards on here.

Anyhow, I welcome your insights into this very odd dynamic.

2. lord_casek

lord_casek 12oz Royalty

Joined: Jan 24, 2006 Messages: 27,127 Likes Received: 1,050
    I keep thinking back to the wet t-shirt contest and the hilarious drama. While I'd want Oontzer Jr. to know of DAO and his wolf-whales, does Jr. really need to see mommy's pert tits when she was 23?

3. the.crooked

the.crooked Veteran Member

Having grown up experiencing two very very different sides of the parental divide regarding sheltering vs exposure with explanation, I tend to think the latter is most effective.

I think, though, it generates a very particular type of person. Every human I know who was raised in a similar sort of way in terms of being exposed to the adult side of life at a young age is usually a pretty straightforward, unrelenting, and self assured person. Sometimes it can lead to someone being a complete piece of shit, but ultimately I think that's on the parent to teach humility and context along with the exposure.

If and when me and the special lady pal have a lil one, I'm fine with them finding 12oz. I may not direct them here, but if they have pertinent interests, sure. I'd also be hard pressed to honestly believe that the youth are going to cognize internet communications in this same format that we all have.

SheepOrDie likes this.
  4. One Man Banned

One Man Banned Dirty Dozen Crew

Maybe not, but I do.
    Tits or GTFO?

CALIgula and Fist 666 like this.
  5. lord_casek

lord_casek 12oz Royalty

Yeah, I'm just thinking kids today are lazy. No way I'd hand them the keys to the tit vault. Gotta work for that shit, Oontzy Jr.

6. the.crooked

Do you still have all those?

Obvs that thread is dead.

7. Hua Guofang

Hua Guofang Dirty Dozen Crew

Paper Chase already has enough kids that don’t listen in it for my liking.

the.crooked likes this.
  8. lord_casek

lord_casek 12oz Royalty

Lol. No. I'm thinking that the internet archive caught most of that era of 12oz. Too lazy to look.

9. Mercer

Mercer Moderator Crew

Boogie hands, but it depends on the kid, and your relationship.
    I always considered this a safe place to let loose amongst like minded individuals.
    Some worlds aren't mean to collide.

sOqM407.gif

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  10. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

Its possible those threads are still on here. Unlikely the images survived but we have threads that go back pretty damn far.

That said, we do have the wet t-shirt images archived on our server somewhere. No doubt @psm026 also has copies on a hard drive somewhere.

the.crooked likes this.
  11. the.crooked

HA.

Honestly, just tried to look on wayback machine to see whats there in general, but I don't think you can view threads without logging in, but I don't think any of the code to authenticate the login works through wayback. So outside of scans of the thread lists, there's no way to see what was in threads when Raven locked the whole forum behind login.

12. CALIgula

CALIgula Moderator Crew

HAHAHA!

13. CALIgula

CALIgula Moderator Crew

I've got a 12oz folder somewhere on this desktop with a few pics saved from the wet t contests

EON 352 and misteraven like this.
  14. CALIgula

CALIgula Moderator Crew

the good ol' days

gardenhoe3.jpg

Decyferon, misteraven and LUGR like this.
  15. the.crooked

oh shit, who was that?

16. CALIgula

CALIgula Moderator Crew

Garden Hoe...she was a member on here for a short period of time but i think she was either dating or friends with one of the guys on here.