should i go see the GZA?

boogie hands

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest R@ndomH3ro
Originally posted by boogie hands@Feb 23 2006, 09:54 AM

when i listen to liquid swords i really want to go....then i realize he hasnt done anything worth mentioning in close to a decade.

i know hes been making the rounds lately....anyone have a chance to check him out?

Don't do it, its a trap!

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by decoded@Feb 23 2006, 10:14 AM

gza n dj muggz

check it

don't say he hasn't done shit in a decade.

you just haven't been listenin for a decade.

dumbass

OH SHIT THAT RHYMED

Originally posted by decoded@Feb 23 2006, 10:14 AM

gza n dj muggz

check it

don't say he hasn't done shit in a decade.

you just haven't been listenin for a decade.

dumbass

oh...toast. if you said that to me in person i would wing my doubles of "uncontrolled substance" at your head..... just to drive home the point that im right.

i say go...

for one you never know who's gonna make an appearance

for two its gza

for three 20 bucks is pretty damn cheap nowadays for a show

for four...getting up wise its a perfect oppurtunity to go sticker bombing on unsuspecting people backs..wonk saggin

you never know it my be a recorded show...i missed out hardcore on wutangs show in my hometown that they made into an album ..all my friends wouldnt shut the fuck up about it for months on end

i say go.

moogle niner?

Originally posted by MayorMenino@Feb 23 2006, 11:08 AM

yo gza is coming with heat....

that new j love return of the swarm 3 is the shit, though rza really came with it more than anyone else. wu tang is definitely putting shit out. download the torrent.

i would go if i were you

Shit, I didn't even know there was a 2. Do either of them come close to part 1?

Originally posted by boogie hands@Feb 23 2006, 02:54 PM

when i listen to liquid swords i really want to go....then i realize he hasnt done anything worth mentioning in close to a decade.

did you ever listen to Beneath The Surface?

i saw him about a month ago...it was a good show, he lacked some energy at first but then as the crowd got more rowdy he came with it. he wasn't pulling the mic passaround bullshit, so i wouldn't worry about that

Originally posted by splint2+Feb 23 2006, 01:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (splint2 - Feb 23 2006, 01:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-boogie hands@Feb 23 2006, 02:54 PM

did you ever listen to Beneath The Surface?

[/b]

i got a couple of singles when it was coming out....they were pretty boring from what i remember.

Originally posted by WhoGotJokes@Feb 23 2006, 02:34 PM

the gza isnt really lyrically strenuous but he still had his hype men finish all his lines.

thats exactly what im talking about. it may be only $20 but if im going have to stand and listen to hype men talk over the guy im there to see then fuck it...ill get a glass of cognac or put a few gallons of gas in my car.

anyway. i just found out ghost is coming though shortly so ill probably skip the GZA....