Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

should I buy this camera right now?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by John Birch, Dec 16, 2005.

1. John Birch

John Birch Member

canon a610

my current digital is like 3 years old, a fuji (please don't laugh)... I need a new one, my old is 2.0 megapixels, this one is 5.0... I know they go higher but I think this is all I need... I'm a pretty good photographer, but still am not rich enough to buy a slr ditigal ($1000+++), this has manual settings etc and gets the best reviews for its price...

I'm drinkin a 40 and need advice.. I'm also very cheap and if I get out this buying mood it might be months before I contemplate buying again...

2. dobsilla

dobsilla Senior Member

if your drunk and you feel like spending cash do it before your sober reasonable mind kicks back in.

edited for first status

3. fatalist

fatalist Dirty Dozen Crew

4. John Birch

John Birch Member

I just want to hear some 12o-pinions, esp from the camera and cpu crowd...

but shit my 40 is already half gone

5. THANKYOU

THANKYOU Elite Member

canon's are damn good... and 5 mp... for only $299 is hard to beat...

6. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

do it thats a pretty good buy, like you said since you cant affor an SLR right now this would be a good item to have until you can afford such things.

7. John Birch

John Birch Member

ok I pulled the trigger... I couldn't wait for delivery, so I'm going to best buy tommorow to pick up. I saved $10 by ordering online...

and I bought this memory card... sold out at best buy... good deal I think, gotta wait a week though:

PNY 512mb SD

8. dobsilla

dobsilla Senior Member

congratulations!

9. JJC

JJC Junior Member

congratulations!
    [post=4218665]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

yes. good camera, no joke. swivel screen is a great invention.

10. John Birch

John Birch Member

thank you... now I just gotta wait for this card... how many flix can I get outta a 32mb card (comes stock)???

and the thing takes 4 AA batteries..oh well

11. Plagiarism

Plagiarism Junior Member

5 mega ps is more than enough. way more. unless youre a professional

12. el barto

el barto Elite Member

i jsut bought the same one from my homie for 150 with an extra card. its a dope camera i strongly recommend it.-barto

13. John Birch

John Birch Member

but what exactly does professional mean? like rodney dangerfield in easy money?

14. Plagiarism

Plagiarism Junior Member

like if youre going to have to take pics for posters that are 6 feet tall

15. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

http://www.cnet.com reviews, price comparisons, etc. When buying a digital camera like that, be smart and search around for good prices. If best buy is selling it for $300, i bet you can find it from a legit online store for under $250 and free shipping. Or you could actually go to a store and haggle with a manager to try to get them to throw in a free 512mb memory card or something. They might straight up say no, but they might want the business and you know they're still making profit. I have some other good camera review and price comparison sites, but i don't know them off the top of my head. If you're interested i'll find them for you tomorrow.

edit: i definitely read too fast and didn't realize you bought it already. oh well