Shootings.

ODS-1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The news and media assholes plan to report certain events during certain times of the year like its a new style of the season, for example. Remember during the early rap ages 90-96 all the news talked about was Gang wars and all that crap, later on the next year, all they talked about was Sharks attacking people in the water, then after that all they talked about was dogs attacking people in the street, and after columbine all they could talk about was Higschool shootings. more recently during the scott peterson murder case all they talked about was men murdering thier wives, and now this. you see the news media and who ever is responsible like to make a game out of things that happen in this country, the truth is people are being bitten by dogs,attacked by sharks, gangwars,school shootings,men murdering wives, all of this crap is going on ALL THE TIME 24/7, but

the news only chooses what they feel makes "sense " for us to know.

trust me the news media is full of dumbasses.

Originally posted by GEEB@Mar 12 2005, 09:40 PM

The news and media assholes plan to report certain events during certain times of the year like its a new style of the season, for example. Remember during the early rap ages 90-96 all the news talked about was Gang wars and all that crap, later on the next year, all they talked about was Sharks attacking people in the water, then after that all they talked about was dogs attacking people in the street, and after columbine all they could talk about was Higschool shootings. more recently during the scott peterson murder case all they talked about was men murdering thier wives, and now this. you see the news media and who ever is responsible like to make a game out of things that happen in this country, the truth is people are being bitten by dogs,attacked by sharks, gangwars,school shootings,men murdering wives, all of this crap is going on ALL THE TIME 24/7, but

I agree. 100%

It can be that or it could be "copycat" incidents. Its not where some guy goes "hey, he shot those people, i should shoot them too." Its more like someone whos been waiting for a "trigger" to set them off on their rampage. Alot of these "copycats" have been planning shit for a while but had no reason to act on it. And when they see all these people doing, BOOM! there it goes.

Originally posted by The Leader@Mar 13 2005, 02:42 AM

Yeah.. I was going to say man.. people get shot all the time.

Or are these like.. rampages rampages... like when you get a "rampage" in quake.

1. in response to the thread. i have not heard anything about this yet.. but then again.. ive been working 12 hour shifts the past 2 days.

2. sidenote, i just started playing quake 1 online again. amazing.

Originally posted by GEEB@Mar 12 2005, 09:40 PM

Originally posted by vinyl junkie@Mar 13 2005, 05:09 AM

in damn near every neighborhood i've lived in shootings are pretty regular fare...

you only ever hear about them if they aren't in the ghetto...

personally, i support moving the shootings into the fancy hoods...

good times...

snapback. It got alot quieter when i moved to the suburbs. Lastnight i did a freeway hit in a particularly rough part of town and it sounded like a war was going on. I heard automatic fire. Destinguishable shot gun blasts.... Maybe people were celebrating. Lots of shots are fired if a team wins the championship, or on new years. Around here atleast. That shits always kinda freaked me out. When you shoot up the round is gonna come down someplace.

I support keeping the shootings in the hood. As long as you mind your own shit you will not be the target.

Originally posted by postmodernism+Mar 13 2005, 11:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (postmodernism - Mar 13 2005, 11:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-vinyl junkie@Mar 13 2005, 05:09 AM

in damn near every neighborhood i've lived in shootings are pretty regular fare...

you only ever hear about them if they aren't in the ghetto...

personally, i support moving the shootings into the fancy hoods...

good times...

snapback. It got alot quieter when i moved to the suburbs. Lastnight i did a freeway hit in a particularly rough part of town and it sounded like a war was going on. I heard automatic fire. Destinguishable shot gun blasts.... Maybe people were celebrating. Lots of shots are fired if a team wins the championship, or on new years. Around here atleast. That shits always kinda freaked me out. When you shoot up the round is gonna come down someplace.

I support keeping the shootings in the hood. As long as you mind your own shit you will not be the target.

[/b]

Where do you live, Afghanistan?

theres a mexican bar about 120 feet from my old apartment, there was ALWAYS people running in there and getting shot up. i remember walking home while the police were still at the bar, a few feet ahead of me there was a police man with a flashlight searching the ground, i looked down and noticed blood drops every few feet, he followed them all the way into the apartments, but didnt get much further than that. on a different occasion i witnessed the shooter make his getaway. i sat there for an hour and a half watching the cops look in all the wrong places. it probably happened about 5 times while i lived there, but none made the 10 oclock news, or any news for that matter. but as ol boy said earlier, its just whats "in" at the time.

2 days after i moved into my old house an old caddilac got shot the fuck up in the street. Apparantly the shooter had been chasing the caddy and finally caught up with his ass in front of my house. It was nuts. I found out later that the victim was the son of a state congressman or senator or someshit. They put a shit load of holes in this car too. There was a blood stain on the pavement for a few months. I think it was over some drug shit. Thats why most of the violence occurs around here.

Originally posted by GEEB@Mar 13 2005, 02:40 AM

i think that's only really half true. the media sure as hell isn't trying to cover anything up. but they feed us what we WANT to hear. so yeah, things will happen in the media in waves. because they blow up stories to make things appear like epidemics. but just remember that they do this because people eat that shit up.

i was chillin at my boys crib one night and there was a robbery about 4 houses down. the robber got out of the house but only made it a few feet befor being tackled by some crazy dude. this dude who tackled the robber was like 100lbs. bigger than the robber and the robber got the shit beatin out of him. it was crazy. there were gun shots and screams and i was really drunk and stumbled out of the house to see the street full of cops. that almost killed my buzz.

In a two year period of time in one of my old neighborhoods every neighbor on each side of me and across the street got murdered. The craziest shit was the house to the left. That son of a bitch got shot up and after the police left they came back and shot it up again. That shit didnt even make the news.

The only shit that made the news is when my boy got locked down when he was caught by the police chief kicking some ones head in up on his roof with like a ki of dope. He got 99 years.