shepard fairey

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

wow....mad haters. this dude gets it in more than any other poster artist ive seen. so i can see why he's hated. people on top get hated on the most and it should be takin as a compliment. anyone that hates on him...i bet they doesnt have a 1/3 the rep he does.

I'm not hating but I don't think this shit has anything to do with going out riskin my fucking ass take this shit to the sticker and wheat paste threads. Oh and all of a sudden I'm being disrepectfull right, fuck you, get off my nuts you internet geeks...

Originally posted by FRESHMOUF@May 19 2005, 12:24 AM

His designs are innovative I can’t dispute that but anyone can go wheat paste a poster up

Oy, dude! ANYONE can buy cans and do tags and pieces as well.

"yeah, but you need skills and balls to do real graffiti" you might say, but then again.....

You need skills to do fairey's great design, and you takes balls, effort and money to climb up all around the world to paste it up.

I do agree that tags and throwups are more hardcore, but on the other side... Fairey has never claimed to be a hardcore bomber.

If I'm not all wrong, his 'thing' is to see how big he could get his Obey Giant campaign.

And now he's exhibiting stuff world wide (acctually one started in london today...), his poster's seen in places from Oslo to Fat Jack Osbourne on the telly to Tokyo to Sydney to Fucking number1 hitlist music videos broadcasted worldwide.

No writers, and I repeat that, NO writers is anywhere close to be as much up and around world-wide as Obey Giant...