SHELTER mantra

fr8oholic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest drewWrite

personally i think the best shit from them was the Quest for Certainty CD. its a re-release of their first two 7"s i think revelation has it back in print...

yeah, their first album was a classic, with songs like Turn it Around and Death and Dying. but the seven inches were the best. the quest for certainty CD has four songs with Vic Dicara(from Beyond, Inside out, 108, and now Burn) on guitar that was the perfect blend of hardcore and melody. anyway, my band played with shelter on the mantra tour and all i can say is that Ray and POrcell were arrogant fuckers...i mean they'd be nice to you, but ususally spoke to people in a condescending attitude...like "all you hardcore kids exist because of us"

incidently, my band also played with H20 and Adam Blake was with playing with them (he played for shelter on the mantra album). he was telling us how when they recorded mantra, Ray was like "we gotta get it on the same level as Rage against the Machine..." so basically he was thinking that if Zack from Inside Out can make it big out of the hardcore scene, so could he. There were all these other things about the recording like where ray couldn't sing high enough on the song "empathy" so they slowed the recording down while he sang, so when it was played it at normal speed, his voice would be high enough....Adam also said that shelter paid him shit, like, ray and porcell would keep a significant amount of money fomr the shows, and give the rest of the band just enough money to eat for the night.

i could go on about what i learned about shelter but fuck it all, i'll just say all of there recordings were good up until mantra, after that it went the drain (they made a ska song and even tried playing shows with NoDoubt)...

Archived