Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

SHELTER mantra

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by fr8oholic, Jan 10, 2002.

1. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

thumbs up gents...

2. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

yeap, that song's playin as we speak and i'm skankin in a computer chair...

3. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

stuck on the feelin!!!

4. Tape had no case! godamn that walkman era:D

5. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

do you think it is bad that you have to point a fan at yourself when you sit down somewhere so the stench doesnt get to you..?

6. donniefrisco

donniefrisco Member

downloading as we speak....

7. serum

serum Elite Member

is this the hare krishna Shelter? the first two albums were dope but after that....Is it the same line up at least with cappo and porcell?

8. donniefrisco

donniefrisco Member

yeah...i think so...this album "mantra" came out in 1995...I just downloaded it...sounds pretty dope...Definitely better than the newest stuff...In the same vein as the first 2..

9. drewWrite

drewWrite Guest

personally i think the best shit from them was the Quest for Certainty CD. its a re-release of their first two 7"s i think revelation has it back in print...

10. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

11. bug

bug Guest

yeah, their first album was a classic, with songs like Turn it Around and Death and Dying. but the seven inches were the best. the quest for certainty CD has four songs with Vic Dicara(from Beyond, Inside out, 108, and now Burn) on guitar that was the perfect blend of hardcore and melody. anyway, my band played with shelter on the mantra tour and all i can say is that Ray and POrcell were arrogant fuckers...i mean they'd be nice to you, but ususally spoke to people in a condescending attitude...like "all you hardcore kids exist because of us"
    incidently, my band also played with H20 and Adam Blake was with playing with them (he played for shelter on the mantra album). he was telling us how when they recorded mantra, Ray was like "we gotta get it on the same level as Rage against the Machine..." so basically he was thinking that if Zack from Inside Out can make it big out of the hardcore scene, so could he. There were all these other things about the recording like where ray couldn't sing high enough on the song "empathy" so they slowed the recording down while he sang, so when it was played it at normal speed, his voice would be high enough....Adam also said that shelter paid him shit, like, ray and porcell would keep a significant amount of money fomr the shows, and give the rest of the band just enough money to eat for the night.
    i could go on about what i learned about shelter but fuck it all, i'll just say all of there recordings were good up until mantra, after that it went the drain (they made a ska song and even tried playing shows with NoDoubt)...

12. A Fire Inside

A Fire Inside Senior Member

I think Mantra is a great album, probably my favorite one from Shelter.

But how about Sri? Or even Baby Gopal? I was getting into that for a bit. Still listen to it if I'm in the mood..

I'm too tired to go on......

13. ingoodhands

ingoodhands Guest

the only good song they did was shelter.