shark attack

Guest cracked ass

Guest cracked ass

Here's a look into the strange and twisted mind of your moderator.

A kid got attacked by a shark in Pensacola, Florida the other day. I had a big stream of consciousness flood after seeing the news story. (This is an example of how my brain always works. It took less than a minute to scroll through all of these thoughts.)

The shark bit off the kid's arm. Then the kid's uncle or somebody swam out and actually wrestled the shark to shore. That must have hurt, as most sharks have a hide made of what are called "denticles", which are sharp and will stick up if rubbed the wrong way, sort of like the "severe tire damage" spikes that don't let your car back up. The shark, on the beach, was shot 3 times in the head so they could get the kid's arm out. Now I definitely feel bad for the kid, but I also can't help but feel bad for the shark. Here comes this small, tasty meal, wandering into his territory, and for chowing down like nature built him for, he gets dragged onto the beach and shot in the head. But like I said, it sucks for the kid too, who was clinically dead for 30 minutes and probably has brain and other organ damage. Surgeons reattached his arm. I've always marveled at how doctors can do that. One thing western medicine knows how to do is fix trauma, even if they refuse to acknowledge the role of the mind in healing other illnesses and overprescribe drugs for everything. I never understood how you could reattach a severed limb. First off, the kid's arm is all covered in sand, blood, and shark bile. What do you do, rinse it off? I can just picture the surgeon rinsing off some kid's arm in the sink, getting a taste of what it must be like to be Jeffrey Dahmer. Then they have to, what, attach the bone first? How do you reattach bones? Then I presume they have to find where all the big blood vessels match up and sew them back together. And how about nerves? I thought damaged nerves didn't heal. I don't see how you could get your arm chewed off, reattached, and hope to use it or even have feeling in it again.

Anyway, it sucked for everyone involved.

I swear, if I could type as fast as I could think I'd have a thousand books published.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

that shark must have been one of the "slow" sharks. I mean, how long does it take to gobble a child being a huge shark like that? I have seen numerous sharks devour all right sized seals off of a beach in one or two bites. That kid should be dead. He got lucky in a small way. I think he's only lucky cause he has his life.Too bad its going to be haunted by this incident the rest of his life. He's gonna be 50 years old one day still sleeping with the night light on... funk that, i would rather die!

bone will knits back together on it's own unless it was overly damaged in the process, the major veins and arteries are somewhat more difficult, but i think it's the nerves which create the biggest problem. anyone know the degree to which these get weighted? an old friend of mine had a limb chopped off and reattached they say he has more than 3/4 of the feeling in there. . .pretty cool eh?

"I swear, if I could type as fast as I could think I'd have a thousand books published.."

aaarrrggghhh, sometymes these fucking fingers feel like sldege hammers touching china...shoulda been in class for keyboarding instead of cutting and getting baked outside class...oh well they do, but ive worn out the backspace...it is the biggest obstacle to my thoughts too...rOe

Guest WebsterUno

This girl I was chiilen with last night felt more sorry for the shark than the kid. She was hootin and hollaring about why this got so much exposure when plenty of other worse things have happened to other kids. She felt bad when they showed the shark all shot-up on the ocean floor. He did look pretty bad. As for nerves, my cuzz just came out of boot camp. He said they pounded his stomach and forearms with a mallot of some sort, so that his nerve endings would die, in order to feel no pain when kicking someones ass. http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//eek.gif'> So Im guessing the klid will be able to move his arm, but will feel no pain? http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//confused.gif'>

Guest imported_Tesseract
I never understood how you could reattach a severed limb. First off, the kid's arm is all covered in sand, blood, and shark bile. What do you do, rinse it off? I can just picture the surgeon rinsing off some kid's arm in the sink, getting a taste of what it must be like to be Jeffrey Dahmer. Then they have to, what, attach the bone first? How do you reattach bones? Then I presume they have to find where all the big blood vessels match up and sew them back together. And how about nerves? I thought damaged nerves didn't heal. I don't see how you could get your arm chewed off, reattached, and hope to use it or even have feeling in it again.

I was thinking about that stuff two days ago...weird stuff.

I guess it works like peter sellers arm in Kubrics "Dr. strangelove"

I would prefer being the kid than Bobbit.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Well, to whoever wrote about the shark being huge... If a guy managed to wrestle it to shore, it probably wasn't THAT big. And it's a well known fact that most sharks attack and later stop when they realize they're tasting something strange.

As for nerve endings dying... About 5 years ago, when I started bboying, I went straight for the trademark breakdancing move: the windmill. It took me about 5 months of frustration and pain, trying to get that second rotation down, and every day I would smash my left hip bone to the ground. By the time I finally got em (best feeling in the world, I swear, better than any orgasm I've ever had), I had completely killed the nerves on my left hip. To this day, I've been burned by cigarettes and hit with whip-like objects on my side, and I can barely feel a damn thing. It's funny, girls try to get all cute and mischievous trying to pinch the love handle, and I just stand there. I seriously don't know how they're managing to get reattached limbs back in service. Beer,

El Mamerro

Originally posted by El Mamerro:

About 5 years ago, when I started bboying, I went straight for the trademark breakdancing move: the windmill. It took me about 5 months of frustration and pain, trying to get that second rotation down, and every day I would smash my left hip bone to the ground. By the time I finally got em (best feeling in the world, I swear, better than any orgasm I've ever had), I had completely killed the nerves on my left hip. To this day, I've been burned by cigarettes and hit with whip-like objects on my side, and I can barely feel a damn thing.

And I was thinkin about taking up bboying. Fuck that. Ill stick to bball.

Originally posted by cracked ass:

But like I said, it sucks for the kid too, who was clinically dead for 30 minutes

This blows me away. Dead for 30 min. I could fuck a girl and have a sandwich in 30 min. And how the hell does someone go dead that long? I figured you have about 5 minutes to revive someone, and if you don't, they're fucked. I guess it's all about being tenacious. -above.

------------------

ABOVElabs.

Hey Cracked Ass...

One thing you left out is that the shark was in some off-shot canal off the ocean and had been trying to find his way back. The shark probably hadn't eaten all day.

From what I have heard, the last thing a Shark wants to eat is human flesh. I have heard Shark experts talk about how Sharks will only attack humans when they can't find other fish or other misc creatures from the ocean to eat.

http://www.xmulletx.com/sharkattack/blood%20in%20the%20water%207.jpg'> http://www.xmulletx.com/sharkattack/

cracked

normally your thought process might worry me, but having met you and been pilau's freind for a few years now ive be desenitized.

i'm with the shark on that. human beings fuck with nature all too often...we destroy wildlife, we hunt sharks, without remorse, not for survival..for comfort and personal gain...

sick as it may sound, i kinda have to smile in situations where humans understand what it is to be hunted.

but poor kid...i feel for him. maybe he recycles...and he just got a wind of bad karma.

oceanography.

the band shark attack sucks.

i saw all the news footage and the shark wasnt even all that big. 6 ft. i think..

i agree it was a fucked situation for all to see.

------------------

"pound the shit out of all that control the masses of their rightful sanity..designate the powers of intrusion...grade a plot- bury all authority."

1. Human flesh tastes bitter. That is why a shark will usually release a victim after taking only one bite.

2. Nerve damage can usually be repaired only to a certain extent, and only within a certain amount of time.

3. If the kid was clinically dead for 30 minutes, chances are that any damage done (physically and psychologically) will not matter. Brain damage can be imminent 60 seconds after the brain stops receiving oxygen. Not to say that the kid was a vegetable after one minute, but he was dead for 30 so I’m betting that there is permanent damage.

4. In extreme circumstances people have been known to suddenly possess great strength. The fact that the uncle wrestled the shark to shoe isn’t that unbelievable (although he no doubt sustained some kind of injury).”Hey, Richard. Enjoy your dinner”

The one thing that really has me stumped is that the shark was shot 3 times in the head when it was brought to shore. It seems that shooting the shark would be the most common reaction when someone is attacked, but where the hell did the gun come from?

-Al

Sometimes I think the only difference between me now and me when I was little is that when I was little I always wore a cape.

Guest THE CROCODILE HUNTER
Originally posted by ZENYTH.ASP:

Hey Cracked Ass...

One thing you left out is that the shark was in some off-shot canal off the ocean and had been trying to find his way back. The shark probably hadn't eaten all day.

From what I have heard, the last thing a Shark wants to eat is human flesh. I have heard Shark experts talk about how Sharks will only attack humans when they can't find other fish or other misc creatures from the ocean to eat.

http://www.xmulletx.com/sharkattack/blood%20in%20the%20water%207.jpg'> http://www.xmulletx.com/sharkattack/

alot of times sharks will attack humans in the early hours of the day or late afternoon, this happens when the shark sees the victims leg glimmering in the sunlight off the shore, and thinks its a fish. often times it will take a bite curiously, and let go realizing what it has gotten hold of.

Mr. Cracked:

I read somewhere numerous times (in that many places) that sharks in fact don't even like the taste of humans. They're usually 'tricked' if you will, into thinking that they are another animal in the watter, that's why the deal with humans is usually half-done and the human isnt eaten but by then they're screwed over anyways because they're missing limbs. The shark hardly ever finishes the job.

Just a little useless information.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by BoB Hope ONER:

oh mammero.. youre my hero.

beer.

-bob

On a totally unrelated note, I scratched my forehead with my big toenai today trying to come up with a new freeze. How's life, you filthy bastard? Beer,

El Mamerro

http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/07/11/shark.att...tack/index.html

heres a good article on that.

someone mentioned that the attack occured in a channel away from the ocean. the type of shark responsible for the attack, the bull shark, has been know to swim up to a hundred miles inland for unknown reasons. for the person asking where the gun came from, the article said a park ranger was on site and shot the shark.

Archived