Shallowness

OMG Im Naked

Recently, ive only just noticed how vain and shallow a lot of my friends are, some not as bad as others but it just suprises me that people in their 20's are still so image consious about the stupidest things.

Examples

- Avoiding painting with some really fun people because of their lack of skill..WTF IS THIS SHIT?! does it really matter? do you think people will care, or think any less of you?

-Really sucking up to the more popular, (big shots within different social crowds) MAN SERIOUSLY! sure the guys loaded and gets with a plethora of hot women....but at the end of the day his not going to leave you in his will, and you being his groupie wont get you any girls.

Those two examples should get my point across, what i,m asking though is are you vain/superficial/shallow? i have to admit i do sometimes find tiny traces of superficiality in me i try to stop it, but are you so shallow that the skill level of your friend is important to you? Do you select your friends based on their popularity and assets?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

No offence but I think the type of friends you keep can be a reflection on who you yourself are.

Having said that some of my friends have the problems your talking about at one point or another. I chalk that up to human imperfection, the majority of people can't keep their shit straight %100 of the time.

Generally the people I'm cool with are way beyond that kind of stuff though, and I think in most of those friendships thats a big part of the reason we're friends in the first place. We get along because we have a common head space.

Originally posted by OMG Im Naked+Oct 26 2004, 04:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OMG Im Naked - Oct 26 2004, 04:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-RoboThruster@Oct 26 2004, 05:59 AM

No offence but I think the type of friends you keep can be a reflection on who you yourself are.

Good point, it got me thinking i doubt it though.

[/b]

Well even in making this thread, it shows in some sense that your superficial. I mean, either having a quiet word to your friends to pull them in line or just cutting them out of your life is probably a mature thing to do then making a thread on the internet about how piss weak they are.

Thats not to put you down though. I think almos everyone is superficial in some way or another. I called my neighbour "a scroin" in another thread for fucks sake.

alpha males tend to dominate in social groups and setting. males that are subordinate to them are the beta males. the beta males will occassionaly receive the left overs of the primary alpha male. the females congregate to the alpha male because he usually has the strongest genetic factors and they want his dna.

alpha males usually clash with other alpha males and leads to social stress.

alpha males tend to make all the other males follow their order or be excluded. that is the issue. males in general are stupid and have primitive behaviour. shallowness is defined by this.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC@Oct 26 2004, 06:26 AM

your friends do graffiti? that's gay. get yourself some non-graffiti writing friends and your life will get 1000 times better

Im not really asking for advice on how to live a better life, the thread was a bit of a rant, and to encourage discussion.

Regardless, i have more non writer friends, the non writers like to spend mass amount of money on stupid shit, go to clubs, bars etc which can be fun in moderation

Whereas the writers like to....well write, and get drunk and go write on shit which is also fun in moderation.

All in all, shallowness is evident in both groups.

I chill with all kinds of people.

Example: Yesterday I met up with my one boy. He's now a c*k*head and a piece of shit and nobody really likes him. Even though I think a little lesser of him because of this I still kick it like the old days. From there we met up with my other boy, whos kind of disappeared for a while. Hes into getting drunk every single night and hasn't really hung out in a while. Then we all went to this girls house that is one of the 'popular' girls and sm*k*d and chilled there for a while.

I also chill with a kid that has mental problems, a hockey player, a fake thug who tries to borrow my fitteds, and about 15 other catagories.

i only have one friend who writes, and one other friend who even appreciates graffiti. but back to the topic at hand... i am guilty of being somewhat superficial when it comes to girls. even if i have a lot of fun with a girl, if she's not good looking by my standards, then i can't be more than friends with her. i just can't be with someone like that unless i'm sexually attracted to them, regardless of personality. i don't necessarily think that's bad though, you need some sort of physical attraction to make a relationship work. but in terms of sucking up to "cool" kids... fuck that. if the kid is legitimately cool then i'll hang out with him... if he's an arrogant bastard, then i want nothing to do with him, regardless of how many chicks he pulls. i don't associate with arrogant people.

Originally posted by perhap@Oct 26 2004, 12:54 AM

yup....i find it really easy to drop friends/girlfriends like hot potatoes if they piss me off, not like simple shit, but just erase them completely out of my mind and act like theyre not there if i see them. is that shallow?

I'm the same way. It's not shallow at all. Or maybe it is, if you were in fact leading her on the whole time. I don't know.

I'll let others judge me, because I can't be bothered judging myself.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars@Oct 25 2004, 08:54 PM

i'll paint with someone who is super cool and sucks at graffiti before i paint with some well known cat that is an idiot.

Ahhh Pimpin u took the words right out of mah mouth...I had painted with people that are new to graffiti and they the toyest of the toyest but they cool as fuk, the type that while they paintin they crack jokes or they just make ur paintin time so much fun..But then I had met cats that are just too arrogant cause of who they are. Like someone said, in a way we all have a lil of shallowness inside of us...