Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Shakespear freaks get in here!!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by FUGITIVE, Apr 3, 2003.

1. FUGITIVE

FUGITIVE Guest

yoooo watap my homies.....ok well i got this paper i have to write that is due tomorow and one of the questions is on Hamlet, ok heres the question....

At end of act.1, Hamlet says, "The time is out of joint...".
    can anyone tell me wtf that means?.:jpotato:

2. FUGITIVE

FUGITIVE Guest

its on pg.28 if that helps.;)

3. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

no, but this was a good movie:

[​IMG]

4. FUGITIVE

FUGITIVE Guest

thats great!!! now back to my question

5. FUGITIVE

FUGITIVE Guest

FUCK ALL OF YALL! YOU FUCKING FAG'S! I JUST WROTE THE WHOLE FUCKING ESSAY BEFORE YOU GUYS CAN ANSWER ONE QUESTION! FUCKING HOMOS! SHOWS HOW MUCH 12OZ HELPS!

6. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

Rest, rest, perturbed spirit!
    They swear

So, gentlemen,
    With all my love I do commend me to you:
    And what so poor a man as Hamlet is
    May do, to express his love and friending to you,
    God willing, shall not lack. Let us go in together;
    And still your fingers on your lips, I pray.
    The time is out of joint: O cursed spite,
    That ever I was born to set it right! (1.5.189)
    Nay, come, let's go together.

...so what did you write to explain the line. That'll get you responces because it requires us to do not work, but instead rip you to shreds or maybe assist...

7. NoamChomsky

NoamChomsky Guest

TEASERARMY2K3 TAKING OVER DIS THREAD,YEAH BOIIII!!!!!!.

CANT STOP THE BUM RUSH!!!!!

:king: :king: :king: :king:

8. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

*believe*

Shake-esspear in Lubb!

"To puff, or not to puff, that is the question"

9. FUGITIVE

FUGITIVE Guest

notice as soon as i wrote that last reply i got someone to help me, anyway i wrote that it means "The time is out of our hands". which hamlet is saying that he will not waste any time, hes gonna revenge his fathers death as soon as possible....

i hope thats right because i just wrote a 5 page essay on one stupid question.

10. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

The time is out of joint: O cursed spite,
    That ever I was born to set it right!

yeah what you wrote could work. I believe in the context of the following line that he meant more like things are bad or crazy right now and I hate that I have to be the one to fix it. But what you wrote has the same flavor and really I beleive teachers ask these questions not because one answer is available but to challenge you to think...

11. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

...adding to my point, think about how we say "those were better times" or "that was a time of heros and men". I think he was reffering to his time not like a clock but the more generalized referance to a period....as sampled by the GZA: "Don't be afraid, bad dreams are only dreams What a time you chose to be born..."

12. FUGITIVE

FUGITIVE Guest

good looking out mr_president and king bling......the only thing is that i alredy did it so im moss deff am not going to write another one.....if the teacher dont like it she can screw herself cuz its her foult that she asked a very short stupid question..............

13. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

14. Grandola

Grandola Senior Member

wow, i actually enjoyed one of KREATINE's pictures...