shai hulud Appreciation Thread.

La Cosa Nostra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

after actually reading your post: shai hulud's name is taken from the novel DUNE by frank herbert. its arguably the most amazing novel ever set on arrakis. LOLZ. classic scifi. shai huluds are the sand worms that essentially hold the place of god. "makers of life and death" read it if you havent...

my first post was about the band...

Oh god damnit. As soon as I saw this thread I was like "FUCK. FUCKING SHIT." And had to put on their split with Another Victim before I could even consider replying.

Favorite band ever, hands down, since I heard them at one of my first "bigger" shows with Shelter/Voice of Reason awhile back. That show was sick. Shai Hulud is sick. Zombie Apocolypse is sick.

The user also makes quality posts too. I was going to ask him whether his name is in reference to the kick ass band, or the Dune worms from which the aforementioned kick ass band gets its name.

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Oct 14 2005, 05:02 PM

Youve flaked the last two times we were suppose to meet up Shai, I do not appreciate that.

Ill be expecting a large, all black messenger bag with spray can pockets, an invisibility cloak, and with a northface logo on it as compensation.

I will now say good day to you sir.

:ballcap: :shy: Shit...I don't know what to say. Maybe for the first time on 12 oz. Thanks, I'm touched (no homo). Is this a 12 oz. first? I mean, I've never seen anything like this before.

The reference is to "Dune", BTW. All I know about the band is that a friend of mine was going to audition for them, and didn't. Heard them a few times, but screamy, angst-ridden metal is not what I'm after these days. Except for Black Sabbath...and they would probably slay every last one of us, if it suited their unholy purpose and it was a slow afternoon in 1971. The only people I see Ozzy killing these days are the producers of "The Osbournes". I almost cried the few times when I watched it- it's sad to see my childhood hero doddering around in a daze, clean and sober, looking like he has Parkinson's disease. I want to remember him in all of his glory, biting the heads off of bats and building houses on top of Aleister Crowley's grave...that kind of shit.

Cash, I truly feel bad for standing you up. Twice. But you know what they say about the Bay- it's like a box of cereal...fruits, nuts and flakes, everywhere you look. As far as the bag, the answers are, in order, Yes, Yes, Can't do it, and WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT? Maybe if you give me a NF logo I'll throw it in there...but NF is CRAP. Archeteryx for jackets, and Lowe for backpacks...Berghaus is good for both, but impossible to find in the States.

I will now give you all a sign of my appeciation for the appreciation...HOT ASIAN BOOTY CAM!!!

[attachmentid=23030]

I got to look at this girl's butt in court for twenty minutes today, so I decided to immortalize the moment forever. Ah, camera phones...another victory for evil.

Thank you, this made my day. I will now turn my attention to this bottle of Seagram's now. Commence.

Image001.jpg.5b96570a3f98ab019fefdf34006b7adc.jpg

Shit, I thought this was an appreciation thread for the space-worms. Those fuckers rule.

The 12 ouncer is cool too, though. In fact, I'd say one of my favorites on this board. But not in a gay way.

And I've never heard the band, but based on the Shai Huluds I am familiar with, I bet they're alright. Appreciation threads are getting out of hand, though.