*SFBayArea Tags Only*

tpek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as much as i am off of sf these days i know there's better stuff out there and that's from going there maybe twice a month. if i can i'll put some flicks up here. the only thing i saw that i was feeling is the irak tag and 1) they're a east coast crew and 2) i haven't seen anything new by them in a while. but this is an interesting idea. i would like to see more involvement from other cities around the bay, though since bay graff has so much to offer. (hint hint)

come on, you guys are lame. theres a flick of the dot/tk battle, revolution who killed sf on some straight politically motivated shit, dead1 who's like one of the last kids active rocking legitimate east bay handstyles. kart, empire, mosk, peace, those hit fk's are pretty weird... i mean it's a bunch of pictures of quick destructive graffiti... i dont know, these flix are from so many different areas and years that the selection seems pretty interesting to me.

ahh, history...

that new post is hot.... haven't seen an alert tag in years! and ray, i'm not hating...sf is where i'm from.. but there's some big gaps here. what about light? and aqua? wow crew? if i can get a hold of some of that shit... i just have a bias againt the whole bushopper/one flow thing since i had it shoved down my throat for years. 90% of what i remember seeing on muni was uneven, unreadable crap- every now and then one dude would come correct but they would just inspire garbage from ten imitators. i just remember looking at old twist, kr, alert, and rem tags and thinking, "that's style..." big ass print mop tags that dripped to the ground, and correctly done chisel tip tags. that's the money. and, i'm still trying to catch up. but tpek, that's some realness. thanks.

Re: ahh, history...

Originally posted by shai hulud

that new post is hot.... haven't seen an alert tag in years! and ray, i'm not hating...sf is where i'm from.. but there's some big gaps here. what about light? and aqua? wow crew? if i can get a hold of some of that shit... i just have a bias againt the whole bushopper/one flow thing since i had it shoved down my throat for years. 90% of what i remember seeing on muni was uneven, unreadable crap- every now and then one dude would come correct but they would just inspire garbage from ten imitators. i just remember looking at old twist, kr, alert, and rem tags and thinking, "that's style..." big ass print mop tags that dripped to the ground, and correctly done chisel tip tags. that's the money. and, i'm still trying to catch up. but tpek, that's some realness. thanks.

thats cool man, i've always been a fan of the one-flows myself, that shit seems like it has deeper history in the bay than all those printing styles twist and all them did, that shit was fresh as hell though but it seemed kinda more east-coast derived than cali.

Re: Re: ahh, history...

Originally posted by ray finkle

thats cool man, i've always been a fan of the one-flows myself, that shit seems like it has deeper history in the bay than all those printing styles twist and all them did, that shit was fresh as hell though but it seemed kinda more east-coast derived than cali.

oh, for sure east coast. i mean, i got my inspiration from there, no doubt about it. i never even really saw any real good graff in sf till '91, like shit that could keep up with nyc.. i know it was out there, but i hadn't seen it yet... just lots and lots of rocked buses. although it was cool when bum and ufo would catch fill-ins on the sides of buses. that was hilarious. but the muni never got as killed as it could have been, i think. there were some one flow players- us crew, like adapter, orfn, taxer and revrs, and a lot of daly city kids... but, it just never seemed like a hand that could go that far, feel me? kind of like you would get to a point...and then, move on, or stop writing and buy a car, or something. amaze was a one flow guy for a minute, but he graduated. i can do it now, but the moment has passed.

Re: Re: Re: ahh, history...

Originally posted by shai hulud

oh, for sure east coast. i mean, i got my inspiration from there, no doubt about it. i never even really saw any real good graff in sf till '91, like shit that could keep up with nyc.. i know it was out there, but i hadn't seen it yet... just lots and lots of rocked buses. although it was cool when bum and ufo would catch fill-ins on the sides of buses. that was hilarious. but the muni never got as killed as it could have been, i think. there were some one flow players- us crew, like adapter, orfn, taxer and revrs, and a lot of daly city kids... but, it just never seemed like a hand that could go that far, feel me? kind of like you would get to a point...and then, move on, or stop writing and buy a car, or something. amaze was a one flow guy for a minute, but he graduated. i can do it now, but the moment has passed.

i think the sf busses were probably comparably killed to any bus line has been, i mean the insides were completely grilled with can shit fatcaps, etc., the outsides too, they've been pieced on plenty, lots of throwups, as a result the scribes were kinda lacking compared to other cities though. i only saw bay area lines in the early 90's though when bus shit was crackin so maybe every city looked like that. us was cool at oneflows, i mean they had the good standard oneflows down,but they didnt really pull out much more than the standard tag style of the time. i guess orfn had a few styles he'd do, two i can really think of. revrs i just saw with the same one but he could do it backwards tight though, but i think fools like dash tko, ceave, etc, they seemed like they'd really mastered the oneflows, backwards forwards downwards, upwards, hundreds of letters, variations, connections, etc. its hard for me to even remember a lot of the sicker heads from back then, i definately remember oakland heads with some crazy shit though on the ac transits, plicks ksv, demo, some of those tmp atm heads, 640, etc. there was that cholo/oneflow mix that was kinda popular for a while, kgm and them atack and mirez with those t's and i's...that shit was sick, there was the box top one flows, forward tilts, backwards tilts, upside downs, small to big, big to small, each letter circled, tons of different stars, arrows, question marks, explanation marks, shit i dont even know i could think of an endless amount..... and amaze is sort of a horrible example, he had a junky oneflow yeah, but pretty much since then his shit hasn't had one single thing to do with the west coast. he's got a good hand though, and does do sort of flow/print mixes most of the time.i mean thats fine to not like the west coast or west coast shit, but i like the west coast. its so much more easy getting passable print styles than good flow tags...so many of the newer writers that have came out since after twist and them were blown up have like such a minimal tagging ability compared to kids that were writing 10 years ago.. a lot of the philly tag flix i see remind me of old bay one flow shit... i know philly heads came through back in the days so maybe thats why, i've seen flix with enem and meez tags up high in oakland from a long time ago. public enemeez... ahh tag talk, fuck it.

Guest KING OF HELL

That ALERT tag is so badass. he revolutionized handstyles. people bite his shit nowadays with out even knowing where all their little wierdo add ons and extra bars and shit came from.

not too many people knew who he was, before he left boston, but anyone with a sense of history knows about him.

innovation and style for days. not just in hands either.

Originally posted by KING OF HELL

That ALERT tag is so badass. he revolutionized handstyles. people bite his shit nowadays with out even knowing where all their little wierdo add ons and extra bars and shit came from.

not too many people knew who he was, before he left boston, but anyone with a sense of history knows about him.

innovation and style for days. not just in hands either.

was he doin the weird tags before cost ?...

Guest KING OF HELL

he was doing weird everything. around the same time as cost, but in a completely different vein. i'll see if i can dig up some more shit of his to post soon.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

http://pics.fotango.com/pictures/0400369397_001P.jpg'>

CAUGHT THIS HEAROKS TAG IN TOKYO A FEW DAYS AGO

MUNIS REAL FUCKING CLEAN NOW...THE LAST OF THE OLD 14 MISSIONS WITH THE REAL STAINABLE PANELS ARE GETTING TURNED INTO THE NEW ONES....THOSE NEW BUSES ARE REAL WEIRD...STILL FUN TO ROCK BUT THEY GET BUFFED SO QUICK...EVEN SCRIBES GET BUFFED THATS SOME FUNNY SHIT.....

MARKER SHOTS ON THE BUS WINDOWS ARE THE SICK SHIT THOUGH...ONLY RUN FOR A DAY OR TWO BUT A MUNI BUS LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER WHEN THE BACK WINDOWS ARE ALL FUCKED UP

alert!!!!!!!!

yeah, smoke 'em if you got 'em... i'd love to see some of his other stuff. any throw-ups or simples? i didn't know he was from boston, though. he was out here around the same time ryze came through. and, ray, sounds like you did your homework....i just remember kids constantly trying to one flow...i was one of those kids, and i didn't feel it. so i concentrated on other influences. i guess i just wanted to do my own thing... and now all these years later, i have my own style. there's some definite west coast players- i love seattle shit, and la flips it every now and then...kyt, wow crew, thr, htk, acp was on some other shit, too... it's not about not loving the bay, but looking beyond where i grew up. plus i didn't get to see the east bay when htf and 640 were killing it. and, transit was not rocked where i grew up, but muni was ridiculous. no wonder it's so clean now.

handstyle greats-

tee, rewind ,amend, laze-vandalazer with a's across the enitre side of the bus, arm, mc, gf, rot ,gears killed it, enem did rock here for a few, surf-oakland, dream ,spie, plato,aeros,up,the first sf KR,aim,fiveo-super ill one flows,SOEL-from NY who handed down a ton of flavor to all of SF,

atak,robo,kgm,TMC,dug always had a good hand,bsaro-ahead of the pack, twist,sundanse,unite scribes super good,revers,marvel,mirez,orfn,

etc...etc..AND there are a ton more...POKET,BRUER,FORM,the one flows are what the SF style branches from and has gone on to be a nice distinct style that crushes....Study. research the roots.....

anyone remember the bus driver named 30 seconds?

stubbies on clement.

Archived