1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Sex and the City

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Weapon X, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Sex and the City

Discussion started by Weapon X - Oct 25, 2004

My 12oz rep that I have strived so hard to build and protect is meaningless to me these days, so I will tell you - I have come to a realization that I like watching Sex and the City.

Sure, when my brother bought the first two seasons on dvd a long time ago, I labelled him as a flamersexual, but two things happened since then.

Recently, I ate a bunch of burgers and smoked a lot of oil, and was pretty much incapacitated on the chesterfield in front of the television. It was on Bravo (a Canadian channel), and they were showing several episodes of Sex and the City in a row. A sort of marathon.

Three hours later, I realized I was hooked.

Hooked might be a strong word, because I don't exactly talk about the show with my friends, like "I can't believe Charlotte isn't marrying that guy!" or anything, but if it's on, and there's nothing else to watch, then I might just check it out. It's really not that bad.

Oh yeah, I might as well add that my favourite is the brunette - the one who played Brooke in Melrose Place.

Weapon X - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  2. IDrinkSprite

IDrinkSprite 12oz Senior Member

IDrinkSprite - Replied Oct 25, 2004

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

its all good.

IDrinkSprite - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  3. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

2 blaazed - Replied Oct 25, 2004

i watched the first season and a lil of the second

2 blaazed - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  4. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

Devilush - Replied Oct 25, 2004

pffft tell me about it. its on all the friggin time and i cant help but watch it since it makes me laugh my ass off anyway. today, im going to rent all of the seasons via netflix. sex and the city marathon at my place, who wants to join me?

Devilush - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  5. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin 12oz Elite Member

GamblersGrin - Replied Oct 25, 2004

youre gonna start to watch the one my gf watches about married houswives, that may even be the name of it.

GamblersGrin - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  6. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

!@#$% - Replied Oct 25, 2004

i'm glad i don't have cable.

i have made serious efforts to not see any episodes of Housewives or the OC so that i don't get sucked in.

i am trying to limit my tv intake

!@#$% - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  7. ODS-1

ODS-1 12oz Elite Member

ODS-1 - Replied Oct 25, 2004

I watched a part of one episode, and it sucked I thought. It's pretty bland and typical. And all of those women are like 40 something.

ODS-1 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. imported_Europe - Replied Oct 25, 2004

I admit watching it aswell. From when the first season aired late night here, to the fullblown succes six seasons later. I found it more interesting in the beginning when it wasnt the modern womans TV-bible.
    I even got my girlfriend hooked on it and now her and all her girlfriends adore the series. I also got the all the seasons on DVD for her as they have come out. And two books.

9. TuffKid

TuffKid 12oz Senior Member

TuffKid - Replied Oct 25, 2004

aint it more of a "girl" type show...?
    i think it blows....

TuffKid - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  10. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Gunm - Replied Oct 25, 2004

It's really not that bad of a show. Gives you some insight into the female mind set while at the same time providing some pretty decent comedic situations.

I dunno, it's better than a lot of other crap trying to pass itself off as decent comedy these days.

"Joey" anyone?

Gunm - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  11. SteveAustin

SteveAustin 12oz Veteran Member

SteveAustin - Replied Oct 25, 2004

I watched it a few years ago.
    Excellent way to help figure some women out.
    I found it worked excellent in deciphering some of my own personal dating situations...especially if you only date the crazy ones.

luckily I have no interest in crazy women any more.

SteveAustin - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  12. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

fr8lover - Replied Oct 25, 2004

due to fatigue and hangover, i spent the last night of a trip to new york watching the whole last season with a homie who was dubbing it all for his girlfriend (honestly). it's entertaining, but i never really got caught up in it. even for a girly type show, it was a little too cornball for me...

13. MESTHREE

MESTHREE Dirty Dozen Crew

MESTHREE - Replied Oct 25, 2004

I love that show. I just got a dvd player (yes yes just) and i am on season 5 :)

MESTHREE - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  14. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube 12oz Veteran Member

26SidedCube - Replied Oct 25, 2004

Any guys that are supporting this show need to be drawn out and shot by the ghost of Johnny Cash, pronto. You are responsible for the pussification of the white male (thank George Carlin for that one) and I (and I don't think I'm alone here) don't appreciate it. Some of us work hard as not to be mistaken as cornfed, The Real World-esque whiteboys that date ladies who's life's biggest conflict is choosing between the millionaire Wall Street executive and the pretty boy, "free-spirited" artist.

That show is everything that is wrong with the bullshit shallow, materialistic, trite society we call America today. Fuck those cunts.

26SidedCube - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  15. Fabo 2

Fabo 2 12oz Member

Fabo 2 - Replied Oct 25, 2004

secretly, I've always loved sex in the city

Fabo 2 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: