Sex and the City

Weapon X

My 12oz rep that I have strived so hard to build and protect is meaningless to me these days, so I will tell you - I have come to a realization that I like watching Sex and the City.

Sure, when my brother bought the first two seasons on dvd a long time ago, I labelled him as a flamersexual, but two things happened since then.

Recently, I ate a bunch of burgers and smoked a lot of oil, and was pretty much incapacitated on the chesterfield in front of the television. It was on Bravo (a Canadian channel), and they were showing several episodes of Sex and the City in a row. A sort of marathon.

Three hours later, I realized I was hooked.

Hooked might be a strong word, because I don't exactly talk about the show with my friends, like "I can't believe Charlotte isn't marrying that guy!" or anything, but if it's on, and there's nothing else to watch, then I might just check it out. It's really not that bad.

Oh yeah, I might as well add that my favourite is the brunette - the one who played Brooke in Melrose Place.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Europe

I admit watching it aswell. From when the first season aired late night here, to the fullblown succes six seasons later. I found it more interesting in the beginning when it wasnt the modern womans TV-bible.

I even got my girlfriend hooked on it and now her and all her girlfriends adore the series. I also got the all the seasons on DVD for her as they have come out. And two books.

It's really not that bad of a show. Gives you some insight into the female mind set while at the same time providing some pretty decent comedic situations.

I dunno, it's better than a lot of other crap trying to pass itself off as decent comedy these days.

"Joey" anyone?

Guest fr8lover

due to fatigue and hangover, i spent the last night of a trip to new york watching the whole last season with a homie who was dubbing it all for his girlfriend (honestly). it's entertaining, but i never really got caught up in it. even for a girly type show, it was a little too cornball for me...

Any guys that are supporting this show need to be drawn out and shot by the ghost of Johnny Cash, pronto. You are responsible for the pussification of the white male (thank George Carlin for that one) and I (and I don't think I'm alone here) don't appreciate it. Some of us work hard as not to be mistaken as cornfed, The Real World-esque whiteboys that date ladies who's life's biggest conflict is choosing between the millionaire Wall Street executive and the pretty boy, "free-spirited" artist.

That show is everything that is wrong with the bullshit shallow, materialistic, trite society we call America today. Fuck those cunts.

Fucking terrible. I watched like 10 minutes of one episode once and i wanted to throw my TV out of the window. I think girls who take that show seriously and think it's similiar to their lives are pieces of shit who's only purpose in life is to stick dicks in their mouths so they don't have to say anything. And the main girl on there is ugly, whatever her name is.

Wordsworth either writes or is a writer for The Wire. Dude's mad talented.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is my favorite show on television, period. Seinfeld wasn't my cup 'o tea, but because CYE's on HBO you get to see what Larry David's really all about. Thankfully what he's about is creating cohesive seasons as opposed to shows... which a lot of writers/producers could learn from.