sew...philly

Ceso One SAF

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by From Autumn

you know you have made an impact when they put your work in playstation games.

Yeah, Sew is great. When I first saw the Sew piece on Tony Hawk I was like "What the Hell?" It just caught me off guard. But anyway Sew is superb, Tony Hawk is wack.

Guest mafIAkilla

yea,that sew graff in thps3 is tight. i remember that i flipped out when i first played thps2 and saw sever,revok,hoax,and yem on there

Guest HOST18 DYM
Originally posted by cheerleader

you do? actually sew hasnt done anything illegal in like 8 years. wheres the impact?

This is the sound of Jealously. How do you know what Sew does? cause you didn't see it in the newest issue of scribble? People say the same shit about FX but go nowhere near the bronx to know shit.

Originally posted by HOST18 DYM

This is the sound of Jealously. How do you know what Sew does? cause you didn't see it in the newest issue of scribble? People say the same shit about FX but go nowhere near the bronx to know shit.

um, i could care less about sew and video game rep. i have zero interest in my graff being in video games, except for maybe getting the check that comes with it. as for sew, i think hes an amazing piecer (sort of...we'll say i definitely think he can piece circles around ME...if i was into that style of piecing) but i also know very well the illegal/legal ratio of his resume. i live in his city, grew up here, and developed the first ever website in philly history documenting graff here. ive been one of the biggest photogs of graff in recent philly history (with a big shout out to DIGS, BRAVO, KEM, NEMEL, and NOPE) adn have stalked about every block in our entire town 3 times over from 94 till now. SEW used to write ADS, and before that, PAKE. the PAKE days were lots of manyunk wall pieces, and his most illegal shit....this is around 92-93. however, even then, the manyunk wall was practically legal...you could sit there all day and piece. the ADS shit was during his crossover into legal-wall land. he still painted some frieghts with PRE and there was a tag here or there once in a while. then SEW came about and the dawn of the PF crew (the "philly" FX, before he became FX) . PF brought the whole 'legal-wall/production-wall" concept to a town that never got down like that...we have always been an all=print city, with an emphassi on walkign bus rhoutes with flat black and climbing rootops to do pieces. PF rode the glossy magazine craze of the mid and late 90s to the fullest. they never did anything illegal and, very often, the pieces getting in all the mags were at the same wall (5th and Cecil B. Moore) just painted over AND over. this phenom and their respective nat'l exposure bothered a lot of us that believed in the script tradition of philly. not that we didnt want them to get shine...they ARE ill piecers for what they do...just that they had become the poster children for philly graff, when , in reality, it was 6-7 guys doing what 90% of the citys writers werent feeling. my website was started because i was tired of hearing on my travels around the U.S. that "PF Crew represented philly.." all because they amiled to all the glossy mags. these days, this all seems moot because espo's book finally set a LOT of cats straight on the real deal in philly....KADISM is pure philly, not legal wall crap. RAZZ is real philly, PRSTAR is real philly, BOZA is real philly, SUROC, ENEM, DASAR, MB, SAT, DUCK, SOBAD, PRAEZ, PRE, ERX, OMNE, DENSKE, NOPE, etc...thats some real philly shit, acountign for all types and ages. legal wall fx style shit has never been part of our city, and has long since faded with the popularity of glossy mags. so, i can say without jealousy and fairly unbiased historical accuracy (i covered all of philly fairly with a simple rule: if its ont the streets and flickable, i post it) that SEW wasnt in the streets...and the little he was was over 8 years ago. and if you all dont believe me, look at espo's book..how many SEW pieces are in there? how many FX jocking philly productions are in that book? zero...he saved that space for the FX cru, not PF. now, granted, SEW is FX now, but thats within the last 3 years....and all that is is more legal networking. FX, as much as i respect them (a LOT) doesnt MEAN anything here in philly. some of our kings have never even used anything but flat black ever. and to further defend SEW, i tried for a while to squash beef by TRYING to find street shit to post...JESC and DANONE had a bunch, and they got props (and still do from me) but SEW i had to try and HUNT anything non-legal. i found a green fence with mad tags and a sew str8-letter on it, and flicked it. i psoted it on my site, showing that i did not hate...if there was street shit, id print it, no amtter who. well, i got like 4 emails from north philly kids explaining to me that the fence was permission...and the flick came down. i respect SEW, hes mastered what he wanted to do: become an FX graff writer. unfotunately for philadelphians, that doesnt mean much, and for me, someone who cares a whole lot about seeing philly get its respect, i DO get a little flustered when you say that sew "had an impact" and that "impact" is validated by his graff being inserted into a skateboard videogame. a: i dont think video games validate any graff career. and b: if they did, sew jumped ahead of about 300 writers in his hometown, in the respect-deserved dept. that was my point.

so that i dont catch too much beef from this (not that i care, all these guys have hated me and my posse for years) i gotta clarify: I RESPECT sew. i dont dig his style of graff (id rather just see and actual CES and PER piece, not the philly version) BUT i am not so obtuse as to say that i dont see he is GREAT at doing that style, and has painted LOTS of great pieces and OBVIOUSLY networked well enough to get down with FX. hey, if CES digs it, then i guess no one else should really complain, right? so, all respect due to sew, FOR WHAT HE DOES. but "impact" is an ambiguous term, and i dont think as far as our city is concerned, that sew had an impact on anyone but FX fans. seeing an AGUA print over a sew piece wasnt uncommon....and AGUA is someone who EVERY real philadelphian knows and wont front on. real philadelphia knows the deal.

furthermore, i think JESC and DANONE are the shit...they both really DID do their shit in the streets before the PF days. as for POSEII, CED and SEW and DNA and whoever else, i think they all really kill shit when it comes to that FX-style production pieceing style. the end.

Originally posted by Destruction by Definition

keep it illegal.......

http://www.phillysart.com/throws/sew1.gif'>

http://www.phillysart.com/throws/agua2.gif'>

wow, while i was typing, someone proved my point for me...the SEW pictured is legal. the AGUA underneath is pure philly, pure truth. in fact AGUA should be coming home from the bing this month...a years vacation for keeping it real....represent.

Guest StompOnKomp

yo who gives a fuck, he paints right let him live. you sound like a bunch of mad gossipy botches cuz yur post aint here.

Well i dont really feal sew's work, im not sure exactly why.It just doesent do anything for me.I mean i know he can paint pretty damn good but im just not digging most of his stuff, just my 2 cents on sew.Peace

Originally posted by From Autumn

you know you have made an impact when they put your work in playstation games.

OR.you are lucky to be associated with the production of the game..and then only put your graff in and nothing from anyone else in FX.nice job

Archived