Serk-wgs

KesOneR

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude is like the entire 7th letter crew rolled into one.

kem, totem, sever, revok, norm, hence...oh, and a splash of both ewoks.

dude paints really well, and the stuff is cool, but c'maan...

ps. i forgot to mention tyke.

jealousys a bitch i guess...you a hater...hows it feel??

ps. i forgot to mention, your a internet moderator..you dont paint..you drop names..

dude is like the entire 7th letter crew rolled into one.

kem, totem, sever, revok, norm, hence...oh, and a splash of both ewoks.

dude paints really well, and the stuff is cool, but c'maan...

ps. i forgot to mention tyke.

I don't see any of them in his style at all actually. I think if you are gonna try and pull someone's cards, atleast come up with some people that have some resemblence.

It makes you look cool to drop names though - it really does... haha... :shakehead:

on another note I'm digging his stuff, post more flicks if anyone has them. I might have 1 or 2 laying around.

I don't see any of them in his style at all actually. I think if you are gonna try and pull someone's cards, atleast come up with some people that have some resemblence.

It makes you look cool to drop names though - it really does... haha... :shakehead: .

serk20bpt20jammy.jpg

that doesn't look like totem?

P1012532.jpg

that doesn't look like norm/hence?

Serkdotd.jpg

that doesn't look like tyke?

serk.gif

tunnelssz0069ur.jpg

that doesn't look like revok, ewok and kem?

i don't think of it as 'name dropping', but rather citing the extensive list of cats that this dude is biting ferociously. take it however you'd like though, i'm not concerned.

The only thing I can see where your coming from is the first one and totem. I do see a strong totem influence in it.

The rest, I don't see it. And kem? where does he fit into the equation? Kem has nothing at all to do with any "west coast" style whatsoever. And since we're on the topic, do you think those guy's all have there "own" styles?

I don't know why I'm wasting my time writing all of this, but it bother's me to see people jump down peoples shit after seeing 10 flicks of there work.

All of those guys you mentioned are influenced from other writers as well - 7th letter? How similar are a lot of those guys styles? very. Not saying any of them are bad, I like most of the stuff they produce - but everyone is influenced by other people.

To come on here and drop names of 7-8 writers wrapped up is this guy is rediculous, you could say that about anyone. This is 2006, not 1975 where all of the thousands and thousands of writers are going to have a completely un-influenced, original style. My shit is definately influenced by a lot of writers, most of them local writers, but a few international ones as well, and I'm sure your's is too. No one's reinventing the wheel here.

If you look hard enough at anyone's pieces you could find something that resembles another writer. For people that are actually out there painting, I don't think that's really there intent to be doing that, instead they are out there painting because they love to do it. For people sitting behind a computer screen thinkin they're some graffiti dictionary, that's another story...