serious topic..believing in god

taco bell bomber

do u guys believe in god..im starting to lose the faith..i mean i have fait in a higher power..but way too much bad shti happens to me. that i really dont deserve i mean im not an asshole to anyone really..most of u whove talked to me on aim or seen my post can tell that..but i dont get it..if he really exist why does he let good things happen to good people. reallytho i mean i know everyone ask that question..but did u ever think that, meaning if he does exist, mabey its a test? whatever i just had a really bad day and kept thinking why god would let me have bad if he is all about good...im not a man of religion..jus more of having faith type.. i dont go to church butr i wear a cross and i dont know why i do..i feel wierd with out it.. i dunno i lost my train of thought..if any of what i actually said makes sense then write ur opinion

please no dumbass comments...leave that shit at the door please

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest MR BOJANGLES

i beliveve that we (humans, etc.) came from a higher power that genetically or otherwise constructed us. but if so, the question i ask is: where did this "god" or creator come from? and where did their creator come from? creating a time paradox in my mind that has literally almost driven me insane late at night. :eek:

i BELIEVE that your relationship with God is your own...I also have an extreme faith. I do not attend church...and I don't practice a specific religion. Regardless of your bad days...you have to believe God loves you. I think those bad times are to humble us..to help us remember that hey shit goes wrong...and it goes wrong for everyone sometime or another. I don't think God intends on hurting by letting bad things happen...I really think He wants to make us stronger...and I do believe to some extent he tries to test our faith. I also think He just wants us to love him...but see He gives us the option as to whether we want to love Him or not...I mean if everything was great and all hunkydory alot more people would prolly belive in Him...but when shit goes wrong you think wait a sec maybe He isn't on my side...things going wrong in the world are what give us the opportunity to chose.

Ask not what God can do for , but what can you do for God...I know it's cliche...but..it's true.

Do you ever just pray..do you ever just talk to Him? You should...you should know the God that lives in your heart...you should know the extent to which He is willing to help you. I'm amazed at the things I've asked for and then later received...I'm no saint yet He still answers my prayers.

i could go into this so much. basically we, my religion, believe that our experience on earth is a test in order to get back to heaven (one of the three knigdoms) or to eternal damnation. naturally like a school test things are easy and things are tough and shitty. but how you handle your life here will decide to where u go.

if u really want to talk religion, hit me up on AIM: oldirtywilliams. i dont feel like fuckin typin out all this shit right now though.

Originally posted by mr. toad

I am by nature a pretty fatalistic person and i feel that when i am supposed to die or if i get hurt then that is the way it was supposed to be.

i am a believer in reincarnation and i think that i can talk to god,

WOW...I believe both of those..I don't think we're crazy....Have you ever seen DOGMA? The Ideals in that movie just hit home with me...I thought only I thougth that way but that movie just lays out all the thoughts I have that I couldn't put into words.

i believe in the earth. it created me and i will return to the earth when my time is expired. and ill always return as something else. but my sould willgo on somewhere else. everything is a cycle. and yes i have a personal relationship with god and earth.

The reason I flipped off this topic in my first response is just because I've hashed it out with myself and others so many times that I'm tired of it, I've closed the door on it. Religions and dogmas have no relevance to my life, and if there's a god and he wants my attention, he knows how to get it. Meanwhile I dismiss everything I've heard and read about "god" as a bunch of fiction so simplistic and shallow it could only have been invented by humans.

i think religion is good for some people cause it gives them something to live for, which i find sad in the way that they 'need' something like that to 'give' them meaning to their lives. alot of people around here also fall into religions because they are told to and or are raised that way without ever questioning their beliefs, 'blindfaith' i guess you could say. i find people that preach 'the word' to be very closed to opinion, they say the bible is the ultimate word but how can it be when there are so many beliefs out there and until someone has read, studied, and disproved all of them how can they really make a decision? or tell me what 'the truth' is? therefore i dont have a religion, philosophy is interesting to read and existentialism interests me very much and so far it makes sense to me much more than anything else i have read yet

i gota agree with cracked ass and whenone...

i really dont belive very much anymore...i used to be faithful maybe two months ago i was still in it...then i took a deeper look...a lot of people sit at the dinner table n thank god for the food...wtf...did god put the food on the table?nah i dont think so...u did so dont kiss gods ass for it...and if u thank him for that....then go ahead n thank him for the holocaust...all the ghettos and all murders....why not give him credit for every evil thing?but oh yeah thats satan rite?no i dont think so...this whole idea seems a little too close to the earth to me...i think it wzas created by man...the bible the word of god?i dont think so...it talks about adam n eve bein the first man and woman on earth?not true...it was an evolution of apes...so in other words god lied...that goes against go....god sais ur not suposed to lie...and he did(if that is god's word?)and he is suposed to be all forgiving just as u should not do anything to people that have agrivated u...u are suposed to treat them with love rite?well then why does he send people to hell?then when a question comes from me like this...what does the church say?hell is just a metaphor..its a state of mind....its when ur pissed cuz everybody else is in heaven...well anyway up comes a nother lie...the priest tells about hell....i mean damn they even describe it as flames...eternal pain and suffering doesnnt seem to fit with the catholic religioun..theres many more examples....from what i see the "god" is fake..not as in that god is a lier or sum crooked evil type made up thing...but as in he is bullshited about...he isnt all that is great...i think he is balanced between good and evil...he creates everything...he is the reason for everyones being...but this is hard to understand but he isnt a he at all...he is an it...it is one being...a force if u will...its sumthing that controlls everything...it is unfair...it does not favor people...it doesnt favor races....but in a way it does...as in times where africans were enslaved...its basically like an author of the world(a metaaphor)..it knows whats gona happen and when...it can change shit if it wants to...its just so huge that the human eye cant see it...and after its all done it recycles...our so called "soul" is put into a nother container(a nother body)which is reincarnation...this may not make sense at all because as im going along in the last few months im descovering these things...i discovered things that didnt make sense...and my mind gave me this explanation...in my eyes this thing is so powerful that u cant possibly understand it or what im saying...so it has a different meaning to everyone...religioun is what i think was made up by the government to keep people from doing wrong"sin"...but this in the end controlls u n kicks ur soul back to the world...i have many different philosephies on things of this sort....im actually not knowing what im beliveing rite now...im constently changing my mind...sorry if u didnt understand it or if it was too long to read or too boring....pe@ce one

CHRON1 ISR

ok, say im walkng down the street and get distracted by a wall some crew painted and im just checking it out, and right where i would have been walking had i kept going a car swerves and goes up the side walk, this car being my would be killer...the wall i was checking out is god. for me it can take on any form no matter what, if it saves my life or helps me gain some sort of divine understanding of something, that would be my god at that moment. my family is catholic but we are by no means religious...playing by the book is lame because there really shouldnt be differences between any religions. when its used as a way to divide people up you know its wack.

and what tt said about reincarnation, i gotta agree with that. we have never not existed, and we were never really born. even before we were conceived we might have been a number of things in previous lifes, and after we cease to be we will go on to take other forms, and so on and so on......but yeh, you already said that.

Originally posted by MR BOJANGLES

and where did their creator come from? creating a time paradox in my mind that has literally almost driven me insane late at night. :eek:

ha ha i get the same shit happening to me after watching an astronomy program. if the universe is always expanding what is expanding into? and when does what its expanding into end? arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its happening again my brain is hurtingggggggggggggg twirrlllling forever twirling!!!!!!!!!!!!............

fuck all religeons. they came up with them to control people..just like the government..you do this and live perfectly you'll go to a beautiful haven..but if you dont youll suffer by all of the things you dont like...its fucking bullshit..god has never done shit for me..all this shit is all about the control of the people..religeon at first then it was pushed aside because they realized not everyone followed that and they came up with laws to rule over the people and keep them under order. even if there was a heaven whos to judge what will be there? im pretty sure what i want would not be there..there is so much proof that there are no gods but every so often some miracle happens to get people back into it..believe what you want but dont be disapointed in the long run..

Guest willy.wonka

LET ME PUT IT THIS WAY....

FACE TO FACE..I CAN CRACK ANY ATHIEST,SATANIC WORSHIPER...EVEN MYSELF...

1.SOMETHING HAD TO CREATE THE RIPPLE IN THE POND....

2.EVEN EINSTIEN SAYS....IF YOU DONT BELIEVE....YOU ARE A FOOL..

3.ON OCCASION...I FIGHT DEMONS...SERIOUSLY

4.IM SCARED TO GO TO CHURCHES BECAUSE A LOT OF THEM ARE TWISTED...

5...ALTHOUGH HEARING ABOUT "OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE" BUILDS MY FAITH...

6.GOD IS SOOOOOO MUCH! LOOK AROUND YOU..WE MASTER THINGS...WE BUILD,WE THINK....THAT KNOWLEDGE HAS TO COME FROM SOMEWHERE..

7.EVEN ATHIEST CALL ON JESUS CHRIST...

Guest willy.wonka

YO TACO!!

HONESTLY...I KNOW HOW YOU PROBABLY FEEL.i feel,,,no! i know i dont deserve to walk among my people in that heavenly place...sometimes i scare myself..i dont read the bible too much..but there is a lot of information about human nature and a way you can defeat the nasty stuff about you...

im not a fan of organized religion either...but i go sometimes..

I WALK INTO CHURCHES;I DONT FEEL IT...I JUST KNOW THAT HE'S IN THERE...SOMEWHERE...I TRY TO KNOW GOD ON A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP...

I HAVE HAD LACK OF FAITH...AND WHEN I START TO FALL HARD...GOD PICKS ME UP....at the perfect moment...GOD wont let you suffer as far as "no return"...

I DREAM A LOT OF THE FUTURE AND MY DREAMS COME TO TIME....SO THAT MEANS THERE IS A PLAN...IM CONSTANTLY SAYING "I HAD A DREAM ABOUT THIS!" [iTS NOT DEJAVU] but we do have a choice...so that kinda screws the plan theory,huh...wrong...there are 2 ways to go...thats the gift of choice..WHEN EVER I SAY "I had a dream about this."...i know that i am right where i am needed...i am on GOD'S plan..haha

SATAN TRIED TO TRICK ME ONE DAY..."IM SMART",SO HE TELL ME GOD DOESNT LOVE...HAHAHA...WHATEVAS!!.......THEN HE TOLD ME GOD IS NOTHING MORE THAN SCIENCE......I TRIPPED OUT ON THAT....BUT I KNOW GOD IS MORE THAN SCIENCE.....im smart and like to dig into things....

THINK OF THE "FORCE" IN Star Wars....GOD IS ALL AROUND YOU...GOD IS LOVE....

CONSTANTLY LOOK TOWARDS THE STARS.....THEN ASK YOURSELF...ASK GOD! ARE YOU THERE?THE ANSWER IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE....sometimes i have heard of HIM answering though...

i know a lot on the subject of GOD....a lot is from personal experiences...

but for real taco bell bomber...i wish i could sit down with you...smoke some ganja and reason and unload all that i have been taught and seen...im pretty sure i could learn from you as well...

just spread your love...turn heads...dont follow the flow..i do believe that if you just spread as much love as you can....it works out for a whole lot of our people...im not talking about just christians..im talking about our people...

take care everybody....GOD BLESS

:king: OF KINGS...LORD OF LORDS CONQUERING LION OF JUDAH!!

Guest willy.wonka

all my brother and Lord JESUS was saying..

you can do all these things i do.i was just around a lot longer than you have...."with enough faith as the size of a mustard seed,you can move mountains."

i am an open minded person..let me hear knowledge!!!

Guest willy.wonka

why are you so mad?

Originally posted by graffsurgeon

fuck all religeons. they came up with them to control people..just like the government....there is so much proof that there are no gods but every so often some miracle happens to get people back into it..believe what you want but dont be disapointed in the long run..

you yourself sound full of it...i do believe in the controlling power of the church...and i dont like it...

and where is this sooo much proof that "gods" dont exist?

some idiot that says..."when you die...your brain sparks?"

c'mon!

and i love the way you testify miracles that build faith...

and your right...i dont want to dissapoint myself in the long run...

your lack of faith builds mine...thanks homie...

jah bless

alright let me put my first post where it belongs and on a topic thats always on my mind one way or another. Tacobell the most important and yet complicated element of God is faith (no revelation!)... in true faith you suspend all disbelief FOREVER and put your pain and suffering in the "hands of God" . Easier said than done , I can hear you already. The difficulty in doing so comes into play when you analyze human nature. We get caught up in the (e)motions , And you don't have to believe in yellow cheese to attest to this. Faith is good, for some its great, but for most it just ain't enough. If you question the validity of faith theres other countermeasures you can take to assure a fearless and happier life. Might I suggest you look into Buddhist philosophy or Confucianism or even something as radical as Dianetics (you aint got to go to far in the last case, L. Ron?) Whatever floats your boat as long as the cause inevitably leads you to exactly what you expect and want out of life. ;)

I was raised hardcore catholic by my parents. I had a really strong faith going with God until my parents sent me to a catholic high school. When I went to catholic school I began to hate my faith, I lost is all. I just have such a hard time believing in everything they say.

I do believe in God and in heaven and hell, I just don't believe in everything else.

just me

I personally was very loosely raised Roman Catholic. I had to go to CCD every Sunday until like, 5th grade. I got my Holy Communion and Confirmation. When I was real young I remember going to Church a few times, but never regularly.

Anyways, that's just my background in religion. I myself used to just "blindly" believe, and I guess I still do, just in a different way.

I wear Rosary beads every day, and pray all the time. I "talk" to God and give thanks. That is what all my praying is about: Appreciation.

I am very big on giving thanks and showing my appreciation. I give thanks each and every day for various things that have happened throughout the day -when I pray pray, not just give thanks- I also throw in a shout to all my friends and family and hope they they are doing good and healthy. I also give my Rest In Peace's to various people.

My whole thing on appreciating life happened a few years ago when I was watching something and a person died. I realized that life is short and we can go at any time. I've tried to change myself and the way I do things, but never really tried hard enough to get my courage.

I appreciate everything, cause for me, at the end of the day, everything is good. No matter how bad the day, it's all good when I go to sleep. I try to have a positive outlook, but at times it get's blurred, and that is only natural. With all good come's bad.

In High School, sophmore year we were studying Asia and the Eastern world. While everyone else in class was goofing off or whatever like I usually did, I was paying attention. When my teacher talked about Taoism, it somehwhat related to me. I did a little bit of looking into it, and in Junior year a teacher let me barrow the Tao Te Ching. A massive book on Tao. I made it through a portion of the book, and found another, the Tao Of Pooh, by Benjamin Hoff. (I HIGHLY recomend this book.)

I don't have a specific religion, or God. I'd rather not question, because all I will do is lead myself on an endless chase. The more you question, the more you find wrong, the more you have to question and on and on...

Anyways, this was extremely long, boring and had no real message, and for that I appologize, just my story behind me and my beliefs. Hopefully someone got something out of this.

people are a mistake. myself being one of them... like what cracked said, if god wants his attention he knows how to get it. I also dont like the idea of believing in god, because people believe theyre doing things in life for him. Im greedy... Im not going through this life day by day with smiles laughing and sorrow for someone other than myself that I have no idea even exists. Where is that gonna get me? Im doing this for me, so I can be happy, so I can achieve, so I can get somewhere and be happy with the things Ive done. Im not going to say Im working for someone day after day in a world full of people who hate each other. NO WAY, its all about me.

Archived