Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

serious topic..believing in god

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by taco bell bomber, Jan 15, 2002.

1. taco bell bomber

taco bell bomber Senior Member

do u guys believe in god..im starting to lose the faith..i mean i have fait in a higher power..but way too much bad shti happens to me. that i really dont deserve i mean im not an asshole to anyone really..most of u whove talked to me on aim or seen my post can tell that..but i dont get it..if he really exist why does he let good things happen to good people. reallytho i mean i know everyone ask that question..but did u ever think that, meaning if he does exist, mabey its a test? whatever i just had a really bad day and kept thinking why god would let me have bad if he is all about good...im not a man of religion..jus more of having faith type.. i dont go to church butr i wear a cross and i dont know why i do..i feel wierd with out it.. i dunno i lost my train of thought..if any of what i actually said makes sense then write ur opinion
    please no dumbass comments...leave that shit at the door please

2. MR BOJANGLES

MR BOJANGLES Guest

i beliveve that we (humans, etc.) came from a higher power that genetically or otherwise constructed us. but if so, the question i ask is: where did this "god" or creator come from? and where did their creator come from? creating a time paradox in my mind that has literally almost driven me insane late at night. :eek:

3. iCEBERG

iCEBERG Senior Member

yall think to hard bout stuff like this. its only natural we couldnt put our worldy values into godly things? i dont came to know any answers but i do keep my faith. i was given reasons, but regardless id still have it.

4. Ms.Bombastic

Ms.Bombastic Member

i BELIEVE that your relationship with God is your own...I also have an extreme faith. I do not attend church...and I don't practice a specific religion. Regardless of your bad days...you have to believe God loves you. I think those bad times are to humble us..to help us remember that hey shit goes wrong...and it goes wrong for everyone sometime or another. I don't think God intends on hurting by letting bad things happen...I really think He wants to make us stronger...and I do believe to some extent he tries to test our faith. I also think He just wants us to love him...but see He gives us the option as to whether we want to love Him or not...I mean if everything was great and all hunkydory alot more people would prolly belive in Him...but when shit goes wrong you think wait a sec maybe He isn't on my side...things going wrong in the world are what give us the opportunity to chose.

Ask not what God can do for , but what can you do for God...I know it's cliche...but..it's true.

Do you ever just pray..do you ever just talk to Him? You should...you should know the God that lives in your heart...you should know the extent to which He is willing to help you. I'm amazed at the things I've asked for and then later received...I'm no saint yet He still answers my prayers.

5. ODW

ODW Member

i could go into this so much. basically we, my religion, believe that our experience on earth is a test in order to get back to heaven (one of the three knigdoms) or to eternal damnation. naturally like a school test things are easy and things are tough and shitty. but how you handle your life here will decide to where u go.
    if u really want to talk religion, hit me up on AIM: oldirtywilliams. i dont feel like fuckin typin out all this shit right now though.

6. Ms.Bombastic

Ms.Bombastic Member

WOW...I believe both of those..I don't think we're crazy....Have you ever seen DOGMA? The Ideals in that movie just hit home with me...I thought only I thougth that way but that movie just lays out all the thoughts I have that I couldn't put into words.

7. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

i believe in the earth. it created me and i will return to the earth when my time is expired. and ill always return as something else. but my sould willgo on somewhere else. everything is a cycle. and yes i have a personal relationship with god and earth.

8. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

9. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

ยจ....second..

10. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

The reason I flipped off this topic in my first response is just because I've hashed it out with myself and others so many times that I'm tired of it, I've closed the door on it. Religions and dogmas have no relevance to my life, and if there's a god and he wants my attention, he knows how to get it. Meanwhile I dismiss everything I've heard and read about "god" as a bunch of fiction so simplistic and shallow it could only have been invented by humans.

11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i was going to convert to hinduism, but i cant find my book, so i dont know if i believe in it or not...

12. When

When 12oz Loyalist

i think religion is good for some people cause it gives them something to live for, which i find sad in the way that they 'need' something like that to 'give' them meaning to their lives. alot of people around here also fall into religions because they are told to and or are raised that way without ever questioning their beliefs, 'blindfaith' i guess you could say. i find people that preach 'the word' to be very closed to opinion, they say the bible is the ultimate word but how can it be when there are so many beliefs out there and until someone has read, studied, and disproved all of them how can they really make a decision? or tell me what 'the truth' is? therefore i dont have a religion, philosophy is interesting to read and existentialism interests me very much and so far it makes sense to me much more than anything else i have read yet

13. Xchron oneX

Xchron oneX New Jack

i gota agree with cracked ass and whenone...

i really dont belive very much anymore...i used to be faithful maybe two months ago i was still in it...then i took a deeper look...a lot of people sit at the dinner table n thank god for the food...wtf...did god put the food on the table?nah i dont think so...u did so dont kiss gods ass for it...and if u thank him for that....then go ahead n thank him for the holocaust...all the ghettos and all murders....why not give him credit for every evil thing?but oh yeah thats satan rite?no i dont think so...this whole idea seems a little too close to the earth to me...i think it wzas created by man...the bible the word of god?i dont think so...it talks about adam n eve bein the first man and woman on earth?not true...it was an evolution of apes...so in other words god lied...that goes against go....god sais ur not suposed to lie...and he did(if that is god's word?)and he is suposed to be all forgiving just as u should not do anything to people that have agrivated u...u are suposed to treat them with love rite?well then why does he send people to hell?then when a question comes from me like this...what does the church say?hell is just a metaphor..its a state of mind....its when ur pissed cuz everybody else is in heaven...well anyway up comes a nother lie...the priest tells about hell....i mean damn they even describe it as flames...eternal pain and suffering doesnnt seem to fit with the catholic religioun..theres many more examples....from what i see the "god" is fake..not as in that god is a lier or sum crooked evil type made up thing...but as in he is bullshited about...he isnt all that is great...i think he is balanced between good and evil...he creates everything...he is the reason for everyones being...but this is hard to understand but he isnt a he at all...he is an it...it is one being...a force if u will...its sumthing that controlls everything...it is unfair...it does not favor people...it doesnt favor races....but in a way it does...as in times where africans were enslaved...its basically like an author of the world(a metaaphor)..it knows whats gona happen and when...it can change shit if it wants to...its just so huge that the human eye cant see it...and after its all done it recycles...our so called "soul" is put into a nother container(a nother body)which is reincarnation...this may not make sense at all because as im going along in the last few months im descovering these things...i discovered things that didnt make sense...and my mind gave me this explanation...in my eyes this thing is so powerful that u cant possibly understand it or what im saying...so it has a different meaning to everyone...religioun is what i think was made up by the government to keep people from doing wrong"sin"...but this in the end controlls u n kicks ur soul back to the world...i have many different philosephies on things of this sort....im actually not knowing what im beliveing rite now...im constently changing my mind...sorry if u didnt understand it or if it was too long to read or too [email protected] one

CHRON1 ISR

14. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

ok, say im walkng down the street and get distracted by a wall some crew painted and im just checking it out, and right where i would have been walking had i kept going a car swerves and goes up the side walk, this car being my would be killer...the wall i was checking out is god. for me it can take on any form no matter what, if it saves my life or helps me gain some sort of divine understanding of something, that would be my god at that moment. my family is catholic but we are by no means religious...playing by the book is lame because there really shouldnt be differences between any religions. when its used as a way to divide people up you know its wack.
    and what tt said about reincarnation, i gotta agree with that. we have never not existed, and we were never really born. even before we were conceived we might have been a number of things in previous lifes, and after we cease to be we will go on to take other forms, and so on and so on......but yeh, you already said that.

15. NATO

NATO Guest

ha ha i get the same shit happening to me after watching an astronomy program. if the universe is always expanding what is expanding into? and when does what its expanding into end? arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its happening again my brain is hurtingggggggggggggg twirrlllling forever twirling!!!!!!!!!!!!............