Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Serious Question

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by bobobi11, Sep 13, 2001.

1. bobobi11

bobobi11 Elite Member

There are several people on this board that are advocating non-violence as a response to yesterday's events. My question is what would you propose as a reasonable response under your non-violent terms?

And I am not talking about those that want to wait and see the evidence of those responsible before rushing into war. I am referring to those (see-phore comes to mind) that are saying they support a non-violent response.

2. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

I agree. All logical resoning point the blame to Osama Bin Laden. His network of terrorist's set off a bomb at the World Trade Center in 93. The U.S. did nothing. His network exploded bombs outside 2 American embassy's in Africa. Once again we did NOTHING. His follower's were behind the attack on the USS Cole. Once again he did nothing. If he is trully the one behind this the time has come for the United States to retaliate against this coward. His time of waging war and spreading fear into Americans must come to an end. Even if he is not the one resposinle for this specific attack he has taken enough innocent victims. Some have suggested that if we do something to him it will only set in place a events that will be unstoppable. We have tried the non violence approach to his terrorist acts and they have not worked. The time is now to respond.
    [​IMG]

3. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

wow, your answer (not so suprisingly) had absolutely nothign to do with the question that was posed.

4. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

??? What I was expressing was my belief which has been getting confused by See-Phore among other by thinking I am advacating an all out war on some random Arab country. Thanks for your 2 cents seeking

5. brown twinkie

brown twinkie Veteran Member

its a good question....without an easy answer.
    but its an avenue, in my opinion, worth pursuing......

6. bobobi11

bobobi11 Elite Member

Bump. I would really like to hear some responses on this. There were plenty of members talking about non-violence in other posts, where are they now.

7. *see-phore*

*see-phore* Senior Member

i belive in non violence for the most part.
    i dont think that the us should go to war with anyone,but,i do think they should defend them selves.this means keep a close watch for anything out of the ordinary,protecting the american public isnt flying to afganistan a killing innocent human beings.yes,who ever is responsible should be held responsible but NOT anyone else.
    eg:im white,i wasnt even alive in the days of slavery,but should i be held responsible for what i had nothing to do with?
    im part spanish,spainards killed aztecs should i take the blame?

i would have no problem with war atall if, you could gaurantee no innocent people would be hurt in any way.

im sorry if i come of as a dick.but i belive in what i belive in and am willing to defend those belifes.

8. beardo

beardo Guest

im sure i've ben lumped in with the peace keepers...
    for the first time i actually read what seephore said, rather than dismissing it as pointless ranting, and i pretty much agree with him. i do think we should blow the bastards into the next millenium, if some civilians get in the way, its unfortunate, but thats the ropes. as of tuesday, they know its comming so if they want to live, get the fuck out of the way. as long as we get the CORRECT villains with the least amount of innocent lives taken, thats all i can really ask for. there will never be enough retalliation, but thats about all we can do.

9. *see-phore*

*see-phore* Senior Member

i havent even said anything to you or about you or anything related to you what the fuck?

10. bigpoppa.k

bigpoppa.k Elite Member

nicely put. my thoughts exactly...
    one more thing to add though. i totally disaggre with war. it just leaves EVERYONE dead in the end. BUT... without war there can be no peace.

11. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

when dealing with these sort of people, you have to do something about it. look how far not doing anything has got you. if its not stopped, it will continue. next time you may not be so lucky. dont attack innocent countries, or theire innocent citizens, and dont jump to conclusions on who did it. when it is found out who did it, they MUST be stopped and punished. like i stated before if its not stopped now, the attacks will only get worse and will only continue.

12. dsel.ufd

dsel.ufd New Jack

What I dont understand is some of the posts,saying they dont want any innocent people killed if the U.S should go to war,WHY? Are you living in a cave??? The heartless cowardly SOBs that committed these acts had no care for the innocent.Why should we?? There needs to be somekind of example made, pointblank.Innocent people,women,and children may have to suffer for what there weak people have done.
    This is just my opinion right or wrong.

13. brown twinkie

brown twinkie Veteran Member

hey, hey....its PAULIEWALNUTS, 12oz's resident RACIST.......
    as a RACIST, your small mans logic gets no consideration.

14. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

the part paulie obviously doesnt get, is that THEY BOMBED US IN RETALIATION FOR OUR KILLING OF THEIR INNOCENT. weither we pulled the trigger or not, they blame us. which is no different than us sayign we should kill the palestinians (weither they pulled the trigger or not.)

when mcveigh killed innocent people in the OKC bombing, did we say "HEY, LETS BOMB MICHIGAN, THATS WHERE MCVEIGH TRAINED?" your logic is not only devoid of any actual logic, and also, i think i can speak for the majority of people when i say this, completely unwanted here. take your ignorant, racist, hypocritical, short sighted bullshit and apply it to another board. http://www.kukluxklan.org/ might be a good one...

15. Rivers Cuomo

Rivers Cuomo Guest

WRONG!