serial killers

dosoner

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 10 months later...

the green river killer, finally caught and convicted

SEATTLE — Gary Ridgway (search) is pleading guilty Wednesday to 48 counts of aggravated first-degree murder, making him the nation's deadliest serial killer (search).

"I killed so many women I have a hard time keeping them straight," Ridgway, who was dubbed the Green River Killer (search), said during proceedings in a Seattle courtroom.

In a prepared statement that he read aloud, Ridgway said: "I wanted to kill as many women as I thought were prostitutes as I possibly could." Relatives of some of the victims wept quietly in the courtroom.

The plea agreement will spare Ridgway, 54, a one-time painter, the death penalty in Washington state, instead assuring him life in prison without parole.

However, two of the bodies on the official list of Green River victims were found in Oregon, which has capital punishment, and it is still unclear whether Ridgway will plead to those.

The remains of scores of women, mainly runaways and prostitutes, turned up near ravines, rivers, airports and freeways in the 1980s. Of them, investigators officially listed 49 women as probable victims of the Green River Killer.

Ridgway had been a suspect ever since 1984, when Marie Malvar's boyfriend reported that he last saw her getting into a pickup truck identified as Ridgway's.

But Ridgway told police he didn't know Malvar, and a police investigator in Des Moines, midway between Seattle and Tacoma, who knew him cleared him as a suspect. Later that year, Ridgway contacted the King County sheriff's Green River task force — ostensibly to offer information about the case — and passed a polygraph test.

Detectives continued to suspect him, however, and in 1987 they searched his house and took a saliva sample. It was 13 years before DNA technology caught up to their suspicions and they could link that sample to DNA taken from the bodies of three of the earliest victims.

Ridgway was arrested as he left work Nov. 30, 2001, and later pleaded innocent to seven killings. But facing DNA evidence and the prospect of the death penalty, he began cooperating and trading information for his life.

He confessed to 42 of the 49 listed killings, as well as six not on the list, the sources have said. He directed authorities to four sets of previously undiscovered remains.

Ridgway is still a suspect in the seven remaining cases on the original list of 49 because any denials he has made in those cases have been "equivocal," sources have told The AP. His agreement with prosecutors stipulates that he will continue cooperating for six months.

...his confession...

From statement of Green River killer Gary Ridgway, read in court Wednesday by prosecutor Jeff Baird:

I killed the 48 women listed in the state's second amended information. In most cases when I killed these women I did not know their names. Most of the time I killed them the first time I met them and I do not have a good memory of their faces. I killed so many women I have a hard time keeping them straight.

I have reviewed information and discovery about each of the murders with my attorneys and I am positive that I killed each one of the women charged in the second information. I killed them all in King County. I killed most of them in my house near Military Road, and I killed a lot of them in my truck not far from where I picked them up.

I killed some of them outside. I remember leaving each woman's body in the place where she was found.

I have discussed with my attorneys the common scheme or plan, aggravating circumstance charged in all of these murders. I agree that each of the murders I committed was part of a common scheme or plan. The plan was I wanted to kill as many women I thought were prostitutes as I possibly could.

I picked prostitutes as my victims because I hate most prostitutes and I did not want to pay them for sex. I also picked prostitutes as victims because they were easy to pick up without being noticed. I knew they would not be reported missing right away and might never be reported missing. I picked prostitutes because I thought I could kill as many of them as I wanted without getting caught.

Another part of my plan was where I put the bodies of these women. Most of the time I took the women's jewelry and their clothes to get rid of any evidence and make them harder to identify. I placed most of the bodies in groups which I call clusters. I did this because I wanted to keep track of all the women I killed.

I liked to drive by the clusters around the county and think about the women I placed there. I usually used a landmark to remember a cluster and the women I placed there. Sometimes I killed and dumped a woman intending to start a new cluster and never returned because I thought I might get caught putting more women there.

Rest In Peace

Wendy Lee Coffield, 16 - July 8, 1982, in Tacoma. Body found in Green River July 15, 1982, near Kent.

Gisele Ann Lovvorn, 17 - July 17, 1982, near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. Found Sept. 25, 1982, south of airport.

Debra Lynn Bonner, 23 - July 25, 1982, south of Sea-Tac Airport. Found Aug. 12, 1982, in the Green River near Kent.

Marcia Faye Chapman, 31 - Aug. 1, 1982, south Seattle suburbs, headed for Sea-Tac strip. Found Aug. 15, 1982, Green River.

Cynthia Jean Hinds, 17 - Aug. 11, 1982, near the Sea-Tac strip. Found Aug. 15, 1982, on bank of Green River near Kent.

Opal Charmaine Mills, 16 - Aug. 12, 1982, at a public phone booth off Sea-Tac strip. Found Aug. 15, 1982, Green River, Kent

Terry Rene Milligan, 16 - Aug. 29, 1982, on Pacific Highway South. Found April 1, 1984, off Star Lake Road in south King County.

Mary Bridget Meehan, 18 - Sept. 15, 1982, on Pacific Highway South. Found Nov. 13, 1983, in south Seattle suburbs.

Debra Lorraine Estes, 15 - Sept. 20, 1982. Found May 30, 1988, in Federal Way.

Linda Jane Rule, 16 - Sept. 26, 1982, last seen leaving a motel room on Aurora Avenue North, on her way to Kmart to shop for clothes. Location where and date when remains were found not immediately available.

Denise Darcel Bush, 22 - Oct. 8, 1982, last seen around noon on Pacific Highway South. Body appears first to have been left in wooded area in Tukwila, south of Seattle. Some skeletal remains found there Feb. 10, 1990. Her skull was found June 12, 1985, in Tigard, Ore. Investigators believe killer moved part of her remains.

Shawnda Leea Summers, 17 - Oct. 9, 1982, downtown Seattle. Found Aug. 11, 1983, north of Sea-Tac airport.

Shirley Marie Sherrill, 18 - between Oct. 20 and Nov. 7, 1982, in Seattle's International District. Remains found June 14, 1985, in Tigard, Ore., along with those of No. 11, Denise Bush.

Colleen Renee Brockman, 15 - about Dec. 24, 1982. Family last saw her Dec. 23, 1982. Found May 26, 1984, near Sumner, Pierce County.

Alma Ann Smith, 18 - March 3, 1983, on Pacific Highway South. Found April 2, 1984, in Star Lake area.

Delores LaVerne Williams, 17 - March 8, 1983, at bus stop on Pacific Highway South. Found March 31, 1984, near Star Lake.

Gail Lynn Mathews, 24 - April 10, 1983, on Pacific Highway South. Found Sept. 18, 1983, near Star Lake.

Andrea M. Childers, 19 - April 16, 1983. Found Oct. 11, 1989, south of Sea-Tac airport.

Sandra Kay Gabbert, 17 - April 17, 1983, on Pacific Highway South. Found April 1, 1984, in Star Lake area.

Kimi-Kai Pitsor, 16 - April 17, 1983, in Seattle. Skull found Dec. 15, 1983, near Auburn cemetery. Other remains found there January 1986.

Marie M. Malvar, 18, April 30, 1983, at a store on Pacific Highway South. Found Sept. 29, 2003, near Auburn.

Carol Christensen, 21 - May 3, 1983, on Pacific Highway South. Found May 8, 1983, in Maple Valley.

Martina Theresa Authorlee, 18 - May 22, 1983, at hotel on Pacific Highway South. Found Nov. 14, 1984, near Enumclaw.

Cheryl Lee Wims, 18 - May 23, 1983, in Seattle. Found March 22, 1984, just north of Sea-Tac airport.

Yvonne Shelly Antosh, 19 - May 31, 1983, on Pacific Highway South. Found Oct. 15, 1983, near Lake Sawyer.

Carrie A. Rois, 15 - May 31 to June 13, 1983, in south Seattle suburbs. Found March 10, 1985, in Star Lake area.

Constance Elizabeth Naon, 21 - June 8, 1983, on Pacific Highway South. Found Oct. 27, 1983, just south of Sea-Tac airport.

Kelly Marie Ware, 22 - July 19, 1983, at a Seattle bus stop. Remains found Oct. 29, 1983, in south Seattle suburbs.

Tina Marie Thompson, 22 - July 25, 1983, Sea-Tac strip motel. Found April 20, 1984, near state Highway 18 and Interstate 90.

April Dawn Buttram, 17 - Aug. 18, 1983, when police spoke to her in south Seattle suburbs. Found Aug. 30 and Sept. 2, 2003, in a wooded area near Snoqualmie, about 26 miles east of Seattle.

Debbie May Abernathy, 26 - Sept. 5, 1983, when she left her apartment to go to downtown Seattle. Found March 31, 1984, 12 miles east of Enumclaw.

Tracy Ann Winston, 19 - Sept. 12, 1983, in Seattle's Northgate Mall. Found March 27, 1986, near the Green River in Kent.

Maureen Sue Feeney, 19 - Sept. 28, 1983, at Seattle bus stop. Found May 2, 1986, off Interstate 90 near North Bend.

Mary Sue Bello, 25 - Oct. 11, 1983, on the Sea-Tac strip. Found Oct. 12, 1984, east of Enumclaw.

Pammy Avent - Oct. 26, 1983, 4600 block of 44th Avenue South, Seattle. Found Aug. 16, 2003, off state Highway 410 near Enumclaw.

Delise Louise Plager, 22 - Oct. 30, 1983, at a bus stop in south Seattle suburbs. Found Feb. 14, 1984, near Interstate 90 east of North Bend.

Kimberly L. Nelson, also known as Tina Tomson and Linda Lee Barkey, 26 - Nov. 1, 1983, at bus stop on Pacific Highway South. Found June 14, 1986, off Interstate 90 near North Bend.

Lisa Yates, 26 - Dec. 23, 1983, in south Seattle. Found March 13, 1984, off Interstate 90 east of North Bend.

Mary Exzetta West, 16 - Feb. 6, 1984, in south Seattle. Found Sept. 8, 1985, in Seattle's Seward Park.

Cindy Anne Smith, 17 - March 21, 1984, hitchhiking on Pacific Highway South. Found June 27, 1987, off Highway 18 near Green River Community College.

Patricia Michelle Barczak, 19 - October 1986 along Pacific Highway South near Sea-Tac Airport. Skull found seven years later by a survey crew working along Highway 18 in Auburn.

Roberta Joseph Hayes, 21 - Last seen leaving a Portland, Ore., jail in 1987. Remains found Sept. 12, 1991, along Highway 410 east of Enumclaw.

Marta Reeves, 37 - Disappeared 1990. Remains found September 1990 along Highway 410 near Enumclaw.

Patricia Yellow Robe, 38 - Disappeared 1998. Found Aug. 6, 1998, in a vacant lot on Des Moines Way South near Highway 99.

In addition, Ridgway will claim responsibility for four sets of unidentified remains.

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/LAW/10/31/green.river.ap/vert.ridgway.ap.jpg'>

Word to that^^. At my work, theres always strange people coming in. Few walk around and stalk and flirt the underaged girls. One even asked this girl if shed liek to get together and talk a bit. Weirdos. I took the address from the chick being that I liked her and thought of going to his place and beating the shit out of him. THen thought he might end up killing me with some devious plan. So whatever.

Re: Sickboy

Originally posted by Tofu

Fuck yeah TRAINSPOTTING dude!!

What an awesome movie, i have it on dvd 8 feet away from where i'm sitting!

"FOCKKKKKKSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKK"

Fuck serial killers. That shit really disturbs me..

I wish they would've have explained maybe why he was called Sickboy. Me..I'm just a sick minded person sometimes. Anybody wanna get together and do a horror film?

http://elranchowaylon.tripod.com/cgi-bin/executioners_song.jpg'>

nice movie about Gary Gillmore .. Utah's most greusome murderer

serial killaa

CAN YOU NAME THESE SERIAL KILLERS?

RIGHT CLICK HEADS NEED NOT ANSWER !

1http://www.karisable.com/dahmer.jpg'>

2http://eightiesclub.tripod.com/b4a70bb0.jpg'>

3http://www.urbanchillers.com/serial/killerpics/killer7.jpg'>

Guest im not witty

first ones a gimme

second guy, cant remember his name, but im pretty sure hes from georgia, killed little boys i think

thens theres the kooky jew. lil dave berkowitz.

Originally posted by im not witty

first ones a gimme

second guy, cant remember his name, but im pretty sure hes from georgia, killed little boys i think

thens theres the kooky jew. lil dave berkowitz.

only fitting that since i started this thread that i can fill in the blank on the middle picture

it is Wayne Bertram Williams(sp)

he killed younger black children in atlanta.

good job on the other two

Archived