---Semi-Permanent DIK;conference---

yoink

So, yeah about the only good thing going on in OZ.

joking aside....

Is anyone planning on going to this? and has anyone gone before (prior experiences.)

Prices:

TICKET PRICES

• Early Ticket prices: Before 29Feb 2004

__1 DAY = $100

__2 DAY = $150

• Late Ticket prices: After 29 Feb 2004

__1 DAY = $170

__2 DAY = $250

• Student Ticket: One price only

__1 DAY = $70

__2 DAY = $110

Speakers include

•David Carson (Phunk Studio)

• Black+White (SBS)

• Mill (This is A Magazine)

• Monster Children (NewsToday)

• Graphic Havoc (MK12)

heres the link.

semi-permanent home

http://www.semipermanent.com/images/syd/Untitled-1_01.jpg'>

http://www.semipermanent.com/images/syd/Untitled-1_02.jpg'>

http://www.semipermanent.com/images/syd/Untitled-1_03.jpg'>

anyways im seriously considering going, but its shelling out alot of dough...I just wanted to see if any design people on here have been to similiar things or this one in particular, and any advice for going, what to expect, and what you got out of going to a conference....besides a nifty gift bag....(if you pay for the two day tickets...!)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if you have the money?

you wanna visit our country? wanna see the show? kill two birds with 1 stone...

last years semi permanent featured "scien and Klore" of the 123K apparently it was very cool... i was considering buying a ticket to america for scribble jam...then all the money went.

if you do end up coming to aus..let me know i will hook you up well.

well, considering going, yes, not quite sure how possible it may be, I read up on last years show and all sources said two thumbs up, the speakers were awesome, real approachable etc...so yeah I just wanted to see if anyone here has gone to any conferences of the like...and what their worth is...and if I do end up coming, thanks for the invite....

Fuck!

I wanted to attend last year, but I had very little money

..and this year I'm completely broke...so my ass will be in the crib, but I really wish that I could go.

Especially since the kats from Graphic Havoc will be there, I really dig their work.

I saw pictures from last year's conference on the DIK website some months ago, it looked pretty fun and interesting.

...I need a fucking job.

They have similar things over here (US). I've been to a couple, they usually vary depending on the technology being addressed (web/CG/print/etc..)

This one is in oz b/c that's where the dik kids are from. Last year you also got a book (maybe included in the goodie bag) thats looked really cool and I wanted.

From going to things like these before I found out that they don't really present stuff that you can't get on your own. The ones that I had been to the speakers were presenting on material that they had published, or techniques they used in their work. All that is publically accessible, so you go to meet the people, have them explain it, answer questions and meet other professionals.

Generally, I find these kind of conferences to be much more entertaing than educational.

$0.02