Selling my freight collection

BizOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Dude just go to costco or somewhere and get those flicks developed cheaper. You also need to ease up on that buy feature. 150 bones for 200 pics. I understand this is the buy option but damn. Arent you the same guy than was selling a couple montana cans for like 60 bucks or something. Hopefully someone will be suckered into it. Good luck.

Guest fr8lover

capitalize capitalize capitalize...its all about the bottom line.

dudes obviously keeping the negs and selling some prints for pocket change...total bullshit.

sell your old baseball cards instead.

You might want to ask the 200 or so artists if they're cool with having their work sold. I can understand selling old paint or even old school flicks that don't exist anymore, as memorabilia, but selling flicks of recent stuff? That's kind of wierd. I'd feel whored out if any of my shit was in there.

I'm sure someone will buy it

So it's not cool for me to take flix and sell them (and can I add that I'm asking for the price it took me to get them processed?), but it's just so cool to have your shit show up in Mass Appeal or On The Go. Those magazines probably make 10x the money off kids pictures than I'm going to make for selling my personal collection. Do you think Graphotism cuts checks to all the featured writers?

Hey, if for some reason kids could flik my shit and sell then I say more power to em.

Have love, not hate.

But thanks for at least giving me a good explanation of your feelings unlike these jump-on-the-wagon type punk asses...

....the more you gab the less sense you make...you wanna sell your shit then fine...but what the fuck does a graf mag have to do with you selling some shit to some stupid fucking kid on ebay...a writer up in scribble is seen by people, thats where the payoff is, he doesnt get paid, he gets seen, the editor puts together a mag and if its deemed good in the culture people pay for it...you get paid for your Kmart exposed doubles and the writer is seen by some chump...woah doesnt sound like the same does it....the horse is dead and yet i kick it whiles its down....guess im irked and bored and should let the fucker just die...

magazines compile artwork, and frequently feature the thoughts and ideas of the artists..

selling photos of someone else's artwork on an internet auction site seems like a chump move..

maybe you need the dough, or whatever your reasons are..all the heads on this site know they can go out and take flicks of someone else's work..they don't have to buy it...

although i enjoy painting (trains especially) so someone else can see it..and i would enjoy seeing myself in a magazine, if i saw you on the street selling flicks of my shit, that i risked my ass to do..and you are profiting from, i'd want to kill you...

i saw that roger roc fucks art exhibit at his show for the free agents opening..his "artwork" was flicks of other people's graffiti...fucking great for him...why would you want to do essentially the same thing, and claim another's work as your property to photo and sell..

just because graf doesn't have copyright laws doesn;t mean some so-called playas and ballers shouldn't fucking know better.

I gotta come out in defense of biz on this one. The real chump here is the guy buying the flix. If biz wants to sell a stack of doubles why the fuck should anyone care? If its some toy buying them, he'll just become a toy with 200 good fr8 photos, it wont bestow any skill or secrets on him. He could spend a few weeks benching and get the same thing (more or less, location and all that).

HAL: I understand your point, but fr8 graffiti is public art. Part of the beauty is that you let go of your work, and send it out in the world to go who knows where. If you want to retain complete control over your work and how its used and displayed, you should be doing canvases and not freights. I accept that when I paint somthing, and I think most other writers do to...dont you?

Archived