Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

selle and bebastian

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by DISCO BRYSO, Jul 26, 2002.

1. DISCO BRYSO

DISCO BRYSO Senior Member

so I did a searchy-mcsearch for belle and sebastian in the forum and was amazed at how many weird people mentioned them. here is my question: why are you listening to this music?

I am rarely embarassed of anything, but my second-hand fascination with this band is completely in the closet. this music makes me feel slightly homer. someone help me.

list some of your favorite tracks, records, lyrics, whatever.
    I am a hip-hop head so please, don't tell my backpacking breathren..

2. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

I thought this would be about the cartoon...

3. DISCO BRYSO

whatever, we can talk about the cartoon too. I only remember seeing it briefly on nickelodeon when I was a kid. didn't it involve a large dog of some sort and a french boy? someone give me the low down

4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

i am a fan of Belle and Sebastian.

i personally like their 3 cd set thing...its got Dog On Wheels, Lazy Line Painter Jane, and 3..6...9 Seconds of Light. these 3 cds have 4 tracks a piece and have some of the nicest stuff ive ever heard. i've heard other tracks from them and it just doesnt get bad ever...all of their work is great. i am happy to see you are openminded enough to dig them.. very cool.

worrrdsdonsim

5. socrates

socrates Guest

Why do you dissapoint me????

6. optimodub

optimodub Junior Member

i like 'em...shhh! don't tell anyone...i have most of their stuff, i love the 'This Is Just A Modern Rock Song' EP, especially for 'I Know Where The Summer Goes'...'Judy Is A Dick Slap' has got to be one of the best song titles i've heard...oh aye, their keyboardist Beans does a funk night with a guy i know which is pretty damn good too

7. DISCO BRYSO

haha. you were the only one I didn't want to see this post socrates.. nice find! now go tell all your friends I've been singing a song called fox in the snow on the streets all week.

WHAT BITCH??!

8. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

get me away from here
    i'm dying

9. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Their alright. Pointless fact: Theyre featured in High Fidelity.

10. DISCO BRYSO

...sing me a song to set me free
    nobody writes 'em like they used to
    so it might as well be me!

the whole If You're Feeling Sinister album really gets me. the second song is excellent.

all the boys are goin' for the new, tall, elegant, rich kids
    you can bet it is a bitch kid
    well if I remain passive and you just want to cuddle
    then we should be okay and we won't get in the muddle
    we're seeing other people at least that's what we say we are doin'...

btw.. Mayfly is good.

11. DISCO BRYSO

I love my car...

"...the color of black chaos."

12. uncle-boy

uncle-boy Guest