selecting roommates

master bait

I need to find 2 roommates or my rent will rise. There's already a girl moving in, she seems to be ok...looks good, seems to be rich or have rich parents..

I know it's impossible to foresee if one can get along with a total stranger, but if you can come up with some basic guidelines I'd appreciate it. Should I go for a girl for the second roommate (I don't get along with guys too well) or what?

share your tips and experiences...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by master bait@Jun 16 2005, 01:26 PM

yeah. The point is that they should get along, but not too well. they might team up and start bitching and blaming me about everything. or they could hate each other and I'd be living in the middle of a headache and pointless drama

that'll happen anyway. there's 3 of you, it's bound to happen.

damn..

I guess selecting a good roomate depends on the type of person you are, think about it decide what you do and don't tolerate in your life and that's probably a good barometer for the type of people you should live with. I lived with all chicks before, they hated each other but got along with me great..and I got to see bare titties fairly often..house was always clean and there was plenty of low key chillin going on..now I say with my boy's one of which is a drunk hipster and every night is like a fucking wu tang reunion..

Originally posted by dumy@Jun 16 2005, 06:37 AM

bare titties fairly often..house was always clean and there was plenty of low key chillin going on..

that's what I'm looking for... low key chilling. All of us will most likely be attending to the same school, and hopefully different classes. That's probably a positive thing as it might help keeping our shit more professional or something.

If a dude ever shakes your hand, winks at you, and says "we're going to have fun", don't allow him to move into your apartment. The least horrible thing he will do will be to not pay his rent.

Once that dude dissapeared, me and my old roommate tried to get a chick to move in the place because we figured she might clean or cook more then we did and we'd get to meet more girls, but it never happened and instead we got the hairiest dude ever.

Originally posted by Orgasm Addict@Jun 15 2005, 08:20 PM

Don't you hate those friends that say "Yeah! Let's go out! Let's party!" and soon as you get there, they say "Oh, I'm broke. I don't have any money".

It was cool the first 7 times. Now they suck.

Shit I know what you mean, I know 2 of my weepels that's like that... at first I didnt mind but it just gets annoying after, like you said, the first 7 times!

same goes for family (siblings, cousins etc etc). i had a nightmare experience living with 2 of my cousins

My cousin and me been living together for 6 months and shits been all gravy... ;)

here's something I learned the hard way.....

guys can be messy, but a messy girl is 1000x worse than a messy guy.

A messy guy will leave beer bottles, dirty dishes and boxershorts on the floor.

A messy girl will leave a light dusting of makeup on everything in the entire house.

Threats of violence will work with guys. Do your dishes or we take this outside!.

That doesn't cut it with girls. Plus some girls will play up gender roles and you'll

find that you've been put on permanent garbage duty. And dont you dare tell them

that they should be doing more of the house work or you'll get berated like some wife-beating caveman.

Granted I'm not talking about all girls, but from what I've seen and lived though,

a messy girl is NOT what you want to live with, ever.

i've noticed that the best room mates i've ever had were people that were totally different from me. i guess it makes sense. i get sick of people easily, so if i'm living with someone who has their own agenda, it makes life easier and gives me my space.

hahah, i'm so glad i outgrew my "messy" phase.

ps: clutter does not = messy. i have to have some sort of clutter, otherwise i'll start putting things out of place.

messy girls are the worst becuase 1 you dont wanna be cleanin up there shit becuase you got yoru own shit and 2 they dont give a fuck abotu nothing... except the fact that you didnt clean bla blah blah wahtever it is they want clean.... but having titties around is always awsome...

if three's company has learned me anything is that you should just make sure mr. furley thinks your gay....then everything should be ok......

"Come and knock on our door ...

We've been waiting for you ...

Where the kisses are hers and hers and his,

Three's company too.

Come and dance on on our floor...

Take a step that is new ...

We've a loveable space that needs your face,

Three's company too.

You'll see that life is a frolic and laughter is calling for you ...

Down at our rendez-vous,

Three's company, too!"

3s.jpg

id stay solo and pay the rent hike, but thats just me. im very food protective like a lion chasing hyenas and nothing pisses me off more than going shopping and coming home to find your dinner has been eaten by your roomate while his friends suck down your highgrade beer. :hatred:

Originally posted by serum@Jun 17 2005, 01:02 AM

id stay solo and pay the rent hike, but thats just me. im very food protective like a lion chasing hyenas and nothing pisses me off more than going shopping and coming home to find your dinner has been eaten by your roomate while his friends suck down your highgrade beer. :hatred:

the key is to instill fear into the hearts of your roommates, that way they'll never eat your food or wake you up.

My thing is to live with kids who either rarely drink, or dont do shit at all. My past 3 living situations have either been straight edge kids or basically sxe. The way I see it, although I do drink, if I move in with drinkers or kids who do drugs (which I dont do) they can always drink or whatever more than me, causing mass amounts of problems.

So, even if you are a heavy smoker or drinker, try to find kids who dont do it at all, itll save you from a lot of future problems (too much partying, too much stank weed smell through out the apartment, etc.) If you move in with kids who don't do anyhting, its easy to work out a system where if you do smoke or drink, you can get by without them having to be reminded that you do so.

And I've noticed that kids who dont do anything are a lot more responsible.

Originally posted by dubsface@Jun 19 2005, 02:11 AM

My thing is to live with kids who either rarely drink, or dont do shit at all. My past 3 living situations have either been straight edge kids or basically sxe. The way I see it, although I do drink, if I move in with drinkers or kids who do drugs (which I dont do) they can always drink or whatever more than me, causing mass amounts of problems.

So, even if you are a heavy smoker or drinker, try to find kids who dont do it at all, itll save you from a lot of future problems (too much partying, too much stank weed smell through out the apartment, etc.) If you move in with kids who don't do anyhting, its easy to work out a system where if you do smoke or drink, you can get by without them having to be reminded that you do so.

And I've noticed that kids who dont do anything are a lot more responsible.

this is so true!

having non-partying roommates is soooo much easier cuz they don't smoke your pot, get in the way of your social life, or bother your with too much partying. but, they tend to be a lot less fun also.....

Originally posted by mackmode@Jun 16 2005, 06:37 PM

the best roommates are the ones who have rich parents

TRUE STORY!

MY MOM IS BROKE AS A FUCK BUT IM A GREAT ROOMMATE BECAUSE IM THAT NIGGA, I JUST HAVE NO MONEY...BUT I ALWAYS GET FREE WEED AND OTHER RANDOM FREE SHIT. I GOT A HOOKUP FOR EVERYTHING...SO HOLLA AT ME IF YOU WANT A NIGGA THAT'LL GET YOU FREE SHIT BUT NO MONEY...IM ON SOME SUGE KNIGHT SHIT.

MEROOOOO