Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

selecting roommates

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by master bait, Jun 15, 2005.

1. master bait

master bait Member

I need to find 2 roommates or my rent will rise. There's already a girl moving in, she seems to be ok...looks good, seems to be rich or have rich parents..
    I know it's impossible to foresee if one can get along with a total stranger, but if you can come up with some basic guidelines I'd appreciate it. Should I go for a girl for the second roommate (I don't get along with guys too well) or what?
    share your tips and experiences...

2. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won Member

altho living with chicks sounds cool, i think it can be a mistake.

3. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

it can be either totally sweet, or totally suck. there's no middle ground

4. master bait

master bait Member

yeah. The point is that they should get along, but not too well. they might team up and start bitching and blaming me about everything. or they could hate each other and I'd be living in the middle of a headache and pointless drama

5. Abracadabra

that'll happen anyway. there's 3 of you, it's bound to happen.

6. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

damn..

I guess selecting a good roomate depends on the type of person you are, think about it decide what you do and don't tolerate in your life and that's probably a good barometer for the type of people you should live with. I lived with all chicks before, they hated each other but got along with me great..and I got to see bare titties fairly often..house was always clean and there was plenty of low key chillin going on..now I say with my boy's one of which is a drunk hipster and every night is like a fucking wu tang reunion..

7. villain

villain Veteran Member

Yeah what dumy said... depends on what type of person you are. Since I live in the batcave I can't have a bunch of drunks vomiting on my supercomputer and playing with my bat-o-rangs...

8. master bait

master bait Member

that's what I'm looking for... low key chilling. All of us will most likely be attending to the same school, and hopefully different classes. That's probably a positive thing as it might help keeping our shit more professional or something.

9. SukiSukiNow

SukiSukiNow Dirty Dozen Crew

DO NOT room with a friend!!!!!! Major NO NO!!!!!

10. Abracadabra

same goes for family (siblings, cousins etc etc). i had a nightmare experience living with 2 of my cousins

11. Orgasm Addict

Orgasm Addict New Jack

Don't you hate those friends that say "Yeah! Let's go out! Let's party!" and soon as you get there, they say "Oh, I'm broke. I don't have any money".

It was cool the first 7 times. Now they suck.

12. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

If a dude ever shakes your hand, winks at you, and says "we're going to have fun", don't allow him to move into your apartment. The least horrible thing he will do will be to not pay his rent.

Once that dude dissapeared, me and my old roommate tried to get a chick to move in the place because we figured she might clean or cook more then we did and we'd get to meet more girls, but it never happened and instead we got the hairiest dude ever.

13. MeNiahhh

MeNiahhh Junior Member

Shit I know what you mean, I know 2 of my weepels that's like that... at first I didnt mind but it just gets annoying after, like you said, the first 7 times!

My cousin and me been living together for 6 months and shits been all gravy... ;)

14. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

here's something I learned the hard way.....

guys can be messy, but a messy girl is 1000x worse than a messy guy.

A messy guy will leave beer bottles, dirty dishes and boxershorts on the floor.
    A messy girl will leave a light dusting of makeup on everything in the entire house.
    Threats of violence will work with guys. Do your dishes or we take this outside!.
    That doesn't cut it with girls. Plus some girls will play up gender roles and you'll
    find that you've been put on permanent garbage duty. And dont you dare tell them
    that they should be doing more of the house work or you'll get berated like some wife-beating caveman.

Granted I'm not talking about all girls, but from what I've seen and lived though,
    a messy girl is NOT what you want to live with, ever.

15. saraday

saraday Senior Member

i've noticed that the best room mates i've ever had were people that were totally different from me. i guess it makes sense. i get sick of people easily, so if i'm living with someone who has their own agenda, it makes life easier and gives me my space.

hahah, i'm so glad i outgrew my "messy" phase.

ps: clutter does not = messy. i have to have some sort of clutter, otherwise i'll start putting things out of place.