seeking, formerly of innocence, presently of amusement...

seeking

seeking, formerly of innocence, presently of

its been a long time since ive posted much of anything on here...

in no specific order.

everyday for the past two weeks, ive listened to jay-z's 'blueprint' on the way to and from work. Jigga is seriously the dopest thing to happen to the world, since italians brought pizza here in the 60's.

But since variety is the spice of life, and a man can not live off hova alone, ive also been reading 'underworld' by don delilo. I think don is the guy who snuck a pizza over here in his suitcase. he must have been, cause he's italian, and if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... ya know what i mean.

i wish i was in rome...

ive been kicking it around philadelphia for the last few months, hanging out in the park with hesh, sleeping on beardo's floor, and taking weekend trips to neighboring states fall in love and to paint. infact, ive spent almost more time other states and countries than i have here. without doing the math, i'd say i've slept in roughly 58 beds, in the last 4 months. and honestly, thats even being a big conservative, its probably higher. now, not all, or even most, of them were occupied by females, but there was definitely a few quality ones here and there. one, amusingly enough, who just called me for the first time in a couple months, as i typed this. anyway, the point is, that fucks with your 'bearings' as they say at sea. i frequently wake up and have no idea where i am. basements, backseats, hotels, futons, floors, air matresses... you name it, ive probably laid down on it recently. at some point, the abnormality of it all, has morphed into normalcy, and now to be in one place for too long seems strange. so as everyone knows, the show must go on, and now its time to pull stakes and skip town. where next?

dirty, dirty!

no, not new jersey, but the good old south.

this should be a fucking laughfest.

i'll bet if i took a poll, the collective south would prefer i didnt move there. im not sure what it is exactly... my outspoken stance on sloppy stock cap styles perhaps? who knows. ive talked so much shit about so many topics, its hard to keep track ya know?! anyway, the point is, this is gonna be hillarious for all involved. someone should really invest in a video camera and follow me around, cause this is 'son-in-law 2' in the making. fast paced city boy, slow southern drawls and mint julep? oh man. ten bucks says i get bit by some insane insect or animal in the first month, and have to visit the hospital. especially since im the type of guy that will go looking for alligators and shit. fuck, that would be funny if i got bit by an alligator.

people keep asking me how i can live like this. how i can just go where the wind blows.

'dont you want to have control over your life?' one asked...

'i have one bag of clothes, a small box of paints, a laptop, and i can go anywhere that i want to, anytime i want to, and you think that isnt having control over my life?'

its funny. when i decided to leave philly, i realized that i could go, literally, anyplace in the world i wanted. i have friends in 5 countries, a dozen states... i could go to any of those places and kick it for a while. and for the first time, i got scared. its the absolute truth, people do not want freedom. they want to be told what to do. sure, they want to think they have control of their destiny, but its lies. they like the security of responsibility....

now i guess, i realize i do to.

so ive got a year left. next fall i pack it all in, go to college and become a teacher. put everything ive learned over these past 20 something years to good use and change the world. or atleast try and help some kids figure some shit out.

im not gonna teach them about history though, cause if i tell them pizza was brought to america in 1960, im gonna get in trouble.

the older i get, the more i learn and the more i learn, the less i wish i knew.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was traveling the south... i got bit by something... my hand swelled up like a hamburger... and this was a couple weeks after we found a brown reclouse in the house (and a couple months after the guy that lives there almost lost his leg because of one of those...)

as for waking up and not knowing where you are, i do that all the time... the worst (best?) was sleeping on a boat for a week... whenever i woke up and i was on the boat, i couldn't figure out why i was moving... then for a week afterword, whenever i woke up, i couldn't figure out why i stopped moving...

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

then for a week afterword, whenever i woke up, i couldn't figure out why i stopped moving...

when I used to race I would spend a week or two aboard and my legs would get accustomed to the constant motion ("sea legs") and a few times when I got back on dry land I had trouble walking, I would kinda wobble even when I stood still... and ever since then I've been drinking heavily to combat this problem...

Originally posted by Smart

when I used to race I would spend a week or two aboard and my legs would get accustomed to the constant motion ("sea legs") and a few times when I got back on dry land I had trouble walking, I would kinda wobble even when I stood still... and ever since then I've been drinking heavily to combat this problem...

man yer sittin here, talkin about boats, but you won't bump the pirate thread... :)

Guest HESHIANDET

its funny how seeking and i are the same but different. im already doing the college thing but i strive to live the drifter dream that he is living. he secretly wishs he was gong to art shool like me and shit. soon enough we will shift rolls, but one thing will remain the same........ WE GET BITCHES!!!! NIGGA WHAT!

"who do you belive the man who told you honesty or the man who told you to your face he was a liar" my random quote anyways i like the whole philosiphy thing if by some un-fuckin-godly chance i were to become a teacher i think thats what i would teach. and also its good to realize you will never know everything because thats one more thing you do know

i eat pizza every single day, real italian pizza, id actually like some suppli right now as well. do you really want to be in rome? yeah you probably do, yu can just sit and watch all these fucked up people do fucked up things. im not sure if i could live ere for like 15 years, but i could stay for at least two. mmm pizza and suppli time.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Man, how the hell can you afford to do all this traveling biz? You save up a lot of cash? I wanna get my ass wandering around for a few months, but I got $nothing$ to back me up with... Beer,

El Mamerro

Originally posted by IntangibleFame

Im going to disagree with you, Jay Z fell off....the blueprint is one of the weakest cds ever...http://www.tearaway.co.nz/imageUpload/jayz(150p).jpg'>

i have to agree with intangible on this. jayz aint all that.

i laughed when dezone (kayslay) was on mtv talking about hip hop beef and said nas got the better of jayz...

but whatever, its all a matter of opinion i guess.

liking hov is not about his hip hop cred, or his skills. its about living the life, balling. someday you'll understand

DUDE YOU GOTTA BE FUCKING KIDDING ME... TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK YOU KNOW ABOUT BALLING??? LOL YOU ASSHOLE... IS BEING ON THE 12OZ. CREW BALLING TO YOU?? PROBABLY...

AND SEEKING, IT'S ALL GOOD YOU'RE TRAVELING AROUND, BUT SPARE US YOUR GAY MEMOIRS, OK CHAMP?

YO JAY-Z CAN BE DOPE ON OCCASION, SOMETIMES HIS SONGS ARE LAME, BUT SOMETIMES HE COMES WITH SOMETHING REALLY REALLY HOT... ALTHOUGH, EVEN BEFORE NAS CALLED HIM ON IT, I DID THINK IT WAS KIND OF LAME THAT HE CAME WITH AN ALBUM CALLED BLUEPRINT WHEN KRS HAD ALREADY DONE THAT...

ANYWAY, I JUST THINK YOU COMPUTER NERDS ARE PRETTY AMUSING, I REMEMBER WHEN DUDES WERE MAKING FUN OF MERO AND SEEKING SAID HE HAD PAINTED WITH HIM... LOL, WOW, 12OZPROPHET IS REALLY TAKING YOU PLACES CHIEF... GO EAT SOME FRESH FRUIT YOU SHOULDERBAG HOMOTHUG...

Re: Re: seeking, formerly of innocence, presently of

Originally posted by effyoo

or, in other words: the more you know, the more you know you don't know

no, in other words, the more i know and understand about things, the more i wish i had never asked the questions and sought the answers.

theres a sublime beauty in the ignorance of children.

the goal now is to try and unlearn.

infinitly harder.

and yes hesh, we do get bitches, dont we!

Archived